Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2009

Judged:

Me thinks bothered must have been told any more post and his name would be fired.
Agree

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Nah, I think bothered is more worried about weather there will be enough money to pay for all of the employee's and all of the new stuff the Sir Alex has bought. Me thinks that he may not have a job much longer.
wth

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

Jones 46 forgot to notify dispatch he was back in service for several minutes after issuing a warning on I-59 @ exit 92. No radio or cell contact could be established.

Result? Two LPD and one Jones unit speeding to a location of no concern.

But Hey Jones 46, thanks for doing the highway patrols job.

Sir Alex, Please call the governor and tell them the highway patrol is not needed. We can $ave some money since ya'll are doing their job. More Jones units pull over people on I-59 than MPH and LPD put together. Ya'll should go to Wal-Mart next and do store security's job.
wth

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

Just stay away from them yankees in motorhomes. I am sure we will still soon enjoy some recordings from other harrassed tourist on small hand held recording devices.
HAHAHAHA

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

bothered wrote:
Sherif Hodge didn't fire anyone when he took over he just didn't hire them. Check your facts idiot!! Besides as for the people that has been fired since he took over, if they were not imcompetant then maybe they would still have their jobs. Sheriff Hodge fires no one that doesn't deserve it. Sounds like you would MR REPLY
And he knows how to run a business just not a government budget. He was begging for money on the WDAM tonight. I know where 32000 was wasted leasing two POS Harleys.

See he's tight with money when it's his. Could probably fuse two of his nickels together.

When it found money (your tax dollars) It's YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! !!!!

"imcompetant" LOL
HAHAHAHA

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Judged:

Maybe Stacy Pickering should bring some of those embezzlement investigations on down here and look some books over.
bothered

Corinth, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

Judged:

I'm back
Agree

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

Well, Well. He didn't lose his job, yet. bothered, please answer this if you would. If your liar of a boss, Alex Hodge is such a good boss, then why can't he run his department with 3 million dollars. The last Sheriff did it with less than that. Not to mention not near as many Deputies. Here is another one. I know somebody that called for a Deputy to come to his house because of a theft, it took the Deputy over a hour to get there. Why? Was he not finished with his donuts? Let's move on, I heard on the scanner a Deputy get dispatched to West Jones about a vehicle in the parking lot. Three deputies went to the school to check out you vehicle. Then a deputy got sent to a family disturbance and one of the people had a knife, only one deputy went. What's up with that? Ya'll SCARED. Maybe not you, but I know that your boss is one big liar and now we can add CRY BABY to the list.
Agree

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

I put it on here twice so I know you (bothered) will get it.
bothered

Corinth, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Well Sheriff Hodge has made more and better changes than the last Sheriff thats why the money is needed. He has better equipment. All i can say about the other incident taking a while to get there the deputy was probably busy thats why they need more deputies on the street.
Agree

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

bothered, your answer seemed to be a little nicer than some you have made in the past. Now, let me say this for you to ponder. I have lived in Jones County for a long time and under the last Sheriff, it never took a hour for a Deputy to response to a call for service. Ya'll have three and four Deputies and there is not reason for it to take that long. That is plain unsatisfactory. Maybe the Deputies that were there before done a better job and responded to call quicker. Maybe if there was more senior Deputies, other than Deputies that only have two and three years of time working in law enforcement they would be able to handle the calls. Just my thoughts. I do know that Alex Hodge will not get my vote and hopefully after the next election we will have a Sheriff that doesn't cry on the news. That was embarrassing for each and every citizen of Jones County and should have embarrassed you too.
DB Cooper

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Agree wrote:
Alex Hodge is such a good boss, then why can't he run his department with 3 million dollars. The last Sheriff did it with less than that. Not to mention not near as many Deputies.
Cause he found something out or perhaps one day will. The last Sheriff and the ones before him had so few deputies cause it wasn't economically viable to hire more. People that ignore this fall into a couple of different groups or both. 1) Boneheads, which Alex clearly is, if you remember he did not understand the workings of the budget from day one when meeting with the board of supervisors and thought it was "like a business."

2) Big spenders that will not be there when the pyramid of county workers to taxpayers finally turns into a house of cards. So what do they care?

Alex should go hire twice the workers he can afford down at his port-o-dump business and see how long it last.

Oldies but goodies.

http://www.leadercall.com/archivesearch/local...

DB Cooper

Laurel, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

AH, someone pointed out before that gas guzzling JCSO SUV was cheep cause it was fleet with no options. I guess 41000 is cheap to some.

That was the same person that thought leasing made sense on those motorcycles. Pay 3/4 price and after two years you don't own them. What's not to love?
Jake

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

lol
Jake

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Truly hate that Hodge got re-elected. It was a sad day in Jones county. Was going back and reading some of these posts from years gone by and started laughing at the mess Concerned Citizen was writing and then denying that he was a deputy. I am pretty sure that he is a deputy and was at one time over warrants and he may still be doing that at the department...just another bad hire for Hodge....and he is too stupid to even realize what an idiot he deputized and promoted.
kathy moore

Orange, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Sims was hired into larrys dept. Along with a gang of
Spun out gi-joe tweekers orig. After the d.a. broke the case larry claims he had no idea what all had been going on Under his nose. "Some bad ass police work buddy!" Too damn bad alex threw the election by hiring chris, please help elect aberham mckinze.
And forgive my spelling for i am dumb bitch
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

LOL!!! I grew up in Laurel. I live in a town now in No. Ga. Smaller than Laurel if you can believe that. Looks like it's the same all over. I just dropped in this morning on a whim to see if things were any different in any other small town. Guess not. Oh my Goodness. I just look at it like this. Better to have them than not. Where I live in the mountains radios don't even get out sometimes. Sometimes not even the cell phones get out so we are always having some running to anothers rescue for no reason. I've had times I was glad to see them pull in my front yard. The mountain roads are so bad where I live it could take 30 minutes for them to get to you. You hear things like, "Watch that hole. It could swallow a car." Now that's a tough law enforcement job. You folks have a nice Christmas. Call me for the next bar-b-que. Maybe I could talk them in to sharing with you.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Be nice to me if you respond I still have family there so does my husband. I have a sister that can still kick some butt if she needs, too. We're old not dead!!!! By the way. Any body remember old Jerry Hinton? I was his biology partner in highschool. He made if very clear on the first day that he would be looking at my answers when we had a test. He was a big boy. I studied harder for Biology tests than any other class I ever had.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

Jerry was nice enough to cut up the worms and frogs for us though, so that was real kind of him.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

wth wrote:
Just stay away from them yankees in motorhomes. I am sure we will still soon enjoy some recordings from other harrassed tourist on small hand held recording devices.
Lord, ya'll got yankees? We're covered up with those things where I live. Some of them are okay, some not so much. A lot of them are snow birds out of Florida. Do ya'll get those, maybe headed West for vacation? Maybe they're just passing thru coming back to the No. Ga. Mountains. Lots of them live here but still have Florida tags. They get those cheaper than buying Ga tags. They'll have Ga. drivers license with Forida plates lots of times. That's a dead give away. Why don't ya'll just keep them for a few days and give us a rest. We've had people from Mexico and I don't me New Mexico, I mean the country!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ellisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Andrew's Amazing Garden Aug 18 Heath Jacobs 2
Anyone know larry huffman??? (Nov '12) Aug 14 Larry Huffman 7
punk crips n the burg Aug 13 Maynard 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Hattiesburg, MS (Aug '10) Aug 12 Greg 101
good doctors who are not afraid to prescribe pa... (Jun '10) Aug 11 Richierich 54
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Aug 11 Vote 1,985
Racism In Laurel MS (Sep '07) Aug 9 Truth 124

Search the Ellisville Forum:
•••
•••
Ellisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ellisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••