Forrest General Hospital

“Let's talk”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#1088 Dec 28, 2008
I'm glad. FGH is a good hospital with good people working there.

Since: Oct 07

White House, TN

#1089 Apr 11, 2009
This forum is officially finished.

The end.
FGH Survivor

Pinola, MS

#1090 May 11, 2009
You go Soccer!! Got it made in the shade and no worries about your future!! And a lot of us know why. You future is secure at FGH, Poppa helps it along!!! You go BOY!!!
concerned

United States

#1091 Sep 5, 2009
fgh will never change....a bunch of people who dont know what they are doing running it
wellkept2005

United States

#1092 Sep 21, 2009
I am a former employee of FGH. I found that FGH is no different than any other place of employment! Overall I love working there. But like every job it can use some in-house cleaning every so often.
Need_a_job

Jordan, MN

#1093 Oct 8, 2009
Do they drug screen on interview day or only if they offer you a job? I saw that a physical and drug screen is required on the application.
Cancer patient

Puckett, MS

#1094 Oct 1, 2010
Any Good news?
News Hound

Puckett, MS

#1095 Oct 7, 2010
Forrest County Board of Supervisors today approved a $70 million bond issue proposed by Forrest General Hospital.

$50 million of the bond issued will be used to build a new Highland Community Hospital in Picayune and $20 million will be used to reimburse Forrest General for projects that have been completed or are currently under way.
JUST WANT TOKNOW

Prestonsburg, KY

#1096 Nov 18, 2010
those of u who complain about fgh go some where else i use to live down there and i went to the hospital in wiggins and they could not figure out what was wrong with me and my reg. dr was the er dr and he told me he would not treat me because nothing was wrong with me and i went to fgh and they checked me out and found out what was wrong with me if u thing fgh is a joke try going to the hospital in wiggins now that hospital is a joke they r the ones that need to get some drs there that knows what they r doing and how to treat people
Burnt Out

Houston, TX

#1097 Nov 23, 2010
Said it from the beginning- they need to trim Administration- not grow it. New dictator there added more "Chiefs" and doesn't have enough indians to take care of the patients. Its all about the $$.
More comments

Hattiesburg, MS

#1098 Nov 28, 2010
I agree with the post that reminded us FGH is a PUBLIC hospital. We need to force our county board of supervisors to supervise.

It isn't just the Millie Swan-Randy Swan connection that keeps information out of the hands of the public. Last time I looked at the list of Hattiesburg American employees there were FGH connections there.

To the person who spoke of leaving Hattiesburg after reading about FGH, while that may not be a bad idea, one can run from the proverbial frying pan into the fire. Easily. Research where you go very, very carefully as a lot of hospitals are bad ones. Research your doctor very, very carefully also.

My insurance allows me to go elsewhere and I plan to do so mostly while continuing to live in this town.
Burnt-Out

Hattiesburg, MS

#1099 Nov 28, 2010
Read the Hattiesburg American artcle on the salaries of these mainly public hospital CEOs- its redicuous. Will Hattiesburg American (or our Supervisors who hired this guy) let us know what FGH's new President's salary is? We have a right to know. But ffrom reading about the relationships with WDAM and Hattiesburg American with FGH, we the public will never know.
http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20...
Notfraid

Hattiesburg, MS

#1100 Aug 25, 2013
Time to bring this old thread out of mothballs. Dillard.... Bolton.....Dukes..... The Forrest General Way! Evan go spend $30 grand on some more landscaping.
Ringer

Hattiesburg, MS

#1101 Sep 13, 2013
Dillard is an embarrassment. Tallahassee won't even take him back.
Ringer

United States

#1102 Sep 17, 2013
Now FGH is Budgeting for an almost $3 million loss and of course, blaming it all on sequestration and DSH cuts. It couldn't have anything to do with the millions spent on physician fees, or purchasing a new electronic health record for Hattiesburg Clinic, or spending millions to out of state companies that the CEO brings on. Regime change folks. That's the only answer.
JUSTME

Pearsall, TX

#1103 Oct 2, 2014
Do what you set out to do, the best you can without bias to anyone or anything!

Hopkins, MN

#1104 Oct 28, 2014
You know who this is wrote:
I don't want to be making as much as a nurse. I recognize that they have a degree, and are therefore entitled to better pay. They need to be paid better anyway. What I'm saying is that the workload that a tech has to deal with is much greater than $8 an hour. I don't care what registration makes, but I know that they don't need a degree, and I do much more work than they do, so one would figure that I should make more than them.
Interesting because normally this type of employee (Admistration) is a Medical Assistant and yes degree or certificate required to obtain a Medical license in this scope of practice.
Zjay

Brandon, MS

#1105 Apr 7, 2015
It's a great ER, only took 9 hrs to see a doctor. What other hospital can top that for CARE !!!
whitney

Houston, TX

#1107 Oct 13, 2015
I will never use fgh for anything I had my first little boy at Wesley and he stayed in the nicu there for 2 months and they sent him home when he was ready not when they were tired of taking Cate of him.. I used fgh this time because I was told they have the best nicu.. Well that's not the truth I had my little boy at 29 weeks on may 31,2015 and he had a lot of blood problems and the said they New all about the pronlem... Well he stayed in the nicu until July 4 2015 and they decided to send him home well I knew in my heart something was wrong and I told them that.. They said he was the baby doing the best out of the rest and they needed the room for another baby so they sent him home he done good for awhile then on August 16,2015 I checked on him at 8am and he was fine I went back and checked on him @10 am and get him ready .. He was cold and didn't look normal so my husband and I rushed him to fgh and they said everything was ok he was just cold so ty ad him under lights and blanket and I told the nurse with all his blood problems you have to give him blood before you take it and they decided to take it first my 2 1'2 month old started codeing they worked on him from11 am until 6:23 pm his time of death.. Needless to say I lost my baby be use they over looked (missed) his diagnosis he had leukemia and sepsis form me being in labor 3 weeks and them finding nothing wrong with me saying I wasn't in labor... So just my advise to you is no one deserves to lose there child because doctors are too busy or to worried about something else to pay attrition to what's going on.. I will never never use them again and I do have a lawyer to make sure nothing is ever over looked in anyone ever again..
Elguapo

Hattiesburg, MS

#1108 Oct 20, 2015
FGH is and will always be a mediocre hospital at best. They buy fake awards, and post them on billboards. Go there if its minor, or if you gave no other choice. Otherwise, go to Jackson or New Orleans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homicide on White Chapel (Feb '09) Apr 20 colt 7
News Tupelo pastor shares journey through recovery m... Apr 19 Sharing A Weed 7
the USA will be destroyed Apr 11 truth hurts 1
Wake up our food & water is being poisoned, cli... Apr 7 Mabel Allen 1
News KKK to rally in Poplarville (Apr '07) Mar '17 I hate rednecks 228
Help please Mar '17 Moving 1
good doctors who are not afraid to prescribe pa... (Jun '10) Mar '17 Marcus 103

Ellisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance