David Hopkins Mountains Voice

Posted in the Ellijay Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fair Play

Ellijay, GA

#1 Sep 13, 2010
Anyone with information about David Hopkins "The Mountains Voice" please post it here. All we really know is that he runs a real estate website. What the public needs to know about is the real cause for his crusade to villanize former employees of Appalachian Community Bank. Does he think he is going to get a reward from the FBI? Were other employees of the failed bank paying him to try to shift attention away from themselves just as the company was coming under increased regulatory scrutiny? Does he feel he has been dealt an unfair hand in the "lottery of life"? Is he just a nut? Any information about his background, political affiliations and activities, education, etc. will be helpful. Please post even if you are his biggest fan. The rest of us would like to understand the roots of his irrational obsessions.
Doubting Tom

Jasper, GA

#2 Sep 13, 2010
I know he gets loads of attention here. Maybe he's lacking it someplace else in his life?
elanor

Ellijay, GA

#3 Sep 13, 2010
I'd like to know about his family...wife and kids.
Chicken Chxx smells

Williston, SC

#5 Sep 13, 2010
Very well stated response,David. I think the original poster of this does not realize one thing not mentioned. In asking to know about your past, ect......they are forgetting there are laws against slandering falsely.
You said: PS: One thing we do know- Klan Members hide under bedsheets, and ex bank officers post anonymously.
The original poster must beleive that there is such a thing as posting "anonymously". They need to understand that even hiding behind a screen asking for "dirt" on another person can be traced right to them. But, they are smart enough not to try to post any false things themselves. They ask others to slander you.
If we "little" people in America do not stand up for what is right, and speak out against what is wrong, our nation is going to continue downward. I do not have a dog in this race, just applaud your actions! One "little voice" spoke and other's followed. Time for all us grass roots American's to speak out against the wrong doings of others.
To the original poster I say people like you are what's wrong in America today. You hide in your house and try to invoke wrong instead of standing up, getting off your butt, and doing something to make things better. Or, as grandpa would have said you are a coward hiding behind the barn door, hoping your butt is not gonna be found. IMHO
NeedSomeSpice

Spartanburg, SC

#6 Sep 13, 2010
It's a whole lot easier to find info on someone who's doing something wrong than on someone who's doing something right. That's might be why the info on the bank idiots is more plentiful than that of the Mountain Voice guy.
Fair Play

Ellijay, GA

#8 Sep 13, 2010
Chicken Chxx smells wrote:
Very well stated response,David. I think the original poster of this does not realize one thing not mentioned. In asking to know about your past, ect......they are forgetting there are laws against slandering falsely.
You said: PS: One thing we do know- Klan Members hide under bedsheets, and ex bank officers post anonymously.
The original poster must beleive that there is such a thing as posting "anonymously". They need to understand that even hiding behind a screen asking for "dirt" on another person can be traced right to them. But, they are smart enough not to try to post any false things themselves. They ask others to slander you.
If we "little" people in America do not stand up for what is right, and speak out against what is wrong, our nation is going to continue downward. I do not have a dog in this race, just applaud your actions! One "little voice" spoke and other's followed. Time for all us grass roots American's to speak out against the wrong doings of others.
To the original poster I say people like you are what's wrong in America today. You hide in your house and try to invoke wrong instead of standing up, getting off your butt, and doing something to make things better. Or, as grandpa would have said you are a coward hiding behind the barn door, hoping your butt is not gonna be found. IMHO
I don't think David is the one who struck a nerve! All we have seen here for months is leading questions trying to get people to slander bank employees! Turn about it fair play but, no surprise, YOU can't take it! What David does not realize is that justice was served when people who borrowed too much and could not pay lost their stuff. The bankers then were out of business and lost everything too. All of you lost! Thing is, the bankers seem to have realized that being in business is risky and are not in disbelief that there are winners AND losers in the real world. The only winners in this situation are the new bank and the lawyers. Quit trying to blame your own bad choices on others to soothe your bruised, big, fat egos.
builder

Ellijay, GA

#9 Sep 13, 2010
there is a question i would like answered from the D A. There is a builder that took several people and business's for a ride down the tubes. several hundred thousands of dollars. just took the money and never did anything for it. and HE is walking the streets of ellijay. WHY WHY WHY can he get away with this???and maybe, GOD forbid, working on peoples houses and homes.
Fair Play

Ellijay, GA

#11 Sep 13, 2010
The Mountains Voice wrote:
I rarely repond directly to individuals,and yet I would like to say thank you to the previous to posters.
God knows I am not perfect, and to be sure I have done some awfully stupid things in my life. But there is a huge difference between youthful indiscretions, or just doing the occassional stupid thing becasue of a temporary lapse in judgement - and simply being plain corrupt or evil.
So I really appreciate your encouraging words. I may operate completely with abandon in regards to fear or consequences as long as I know I am doing the right thing.... but everybody sometimes just needs an encouraging <Hug> LOL. haha
Thanks again. Humbly,
- david
All of your lengthy monologues revolve around YOUR OWN ASSUMPTIONS about other people's motives. Interesting that I have seen no evidence that you are more than a mere aquaintance of any individuals that you continually name here. How is it that you know so much about them? Maybe some other former bank employees had the right motivations to fill you full of crap about them because they new you would go on a crusade? See, this is why we need information about your TRUE motivations.
Chicken Chxx smells

Williston, SC

#13 Sep 13, 2010
Fair Play,

Play fair or don't play at all. You put up a long response to my post and did not bother to read it!

I HAVE no dog in this race. Have not banked with any of them. What vendetta you got going? Get off your butt and go on down to the court house records. The facts of why three bank employee's lost their jobs is point blank because of the information easily attained.

Grandpa woulda said quit spitting from behind that barn door and look past your own nose for the truth. Facts, not some chicken trying to pick a fight while hiding. Facts big boy, and they are not going away.

Wrong is wrong and if I defrauded someone my butt would go to jail. The "little" people speaking loudly as a group will heal this nation. Not some chicken who can't even figure out the facts and wants to call names and ask for dirt on someone.

Bank on it.
Chicken Chxx smells

Williston, SC

#14 Sep 13, 2010
LOL Moutains Voice we were typing at the same time. Your post is more eloquent than mine! Keep up the good works. I think more real American's are getting tired of the criminality of trying to break the backbone of our great nation!
Fair Play

Ellijay, GA

#15 Sep 13, 2010
<quoted text>
I never borrowed a nickel. I simply picked up the phone one day when I was called by bank officer Rusty Beamon, and consequently was embroiled in the middle of lies, deciept and corruption. So in regards to my personal criminal complaints, you are 100% off base. MY comments and MY allegations of negligence on the part of the District Attorney / FBI / etc's failure to DO THEIR JOBS has nothing to do with loans, paid off or otherwise. It has to due with blatant criminality and fraud. it has to do with bank officers and other individuals using bank funds to market their own personal properties.
The problem is that you only offer one possible explanation when there are plenty of other possibilities. WOuld a bank not go out of its way to sell properties that are rotting on its books to a qualified borrower? They might even offer special services like marketing. Or maybe the borrower was supposed to reimburse the bank. You don't know what kind of agreement the bank made to sell these properties. Your lack of intellectual honesty about the fact that hundreds of other scenarios unrelated to your own interpretation could be the real truth. That's why a lot of people think you have more devious motives. You can't do what you have done and not have people question you. Why would anyone trust you more than anyone else? Your "evidence" may be just a cobbled together collection of documents that have no real correlation. "Just sayin'"
Fair Play

Ellijay, GA

#18 Sep 13, 2010
<quoted text>
Let's talkabout what I do know.
I know for a FACT that I was told that the bank owned the properties, and that I was to market them as bank owned properties. FACT: That is illegal. It was fraudulent and illegal to enter into negotiation and contract with me to properties they di not have the title to. Regardless of any other multitude of possible explanations that might be offered up as excuses to soothe guilty conciouses, the simple FACT that this was illegal exists. Period. End of Story.
The simple fact is that since you have chosen to air your grievances about people on this forum and have refused to consider any other explanation for the bank's actions, we are entitled to know as much about you and your history as you have so readily offered up about others.
NeedSomeSpice

Spartanburg, SC

#20 Sep 13, 2010
Fair Play wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact is that since you have chosen to air your grievances about people on this forum and have refused to consider any other explanation for the bank's actions, we are entitled to know as much about you and your history as you have so readily offered up about others.
Is anyone preventing you from finding out what you need to know? Are you aware of google.com ? Do you not have people who trust you enough to tell you want you need to know?

I don't understand your grievance. You can find out anything you want. No one is stopping you, are they?
Dark Male

Ellijay, GA

#21 Sep 13, 2010
I think what David is trying to do here is called "JUSTICE" and I am one of of the people who has been involved with this bank and individuals named. I will not deny that I was unable to repay my bank loan and was over optimistic about the future. I lost a house and 14 acres of land used to secure the loan that I recieved, I also went bankrupt trying to make this all work. But the real kicker is that after the bank got the house back they sold it for $90,000 (had been appraised for $250,00) to (Newmon properties LLC which I have been told is Tracy Newton and Rusty Beamon doing.) Who then sold it a week later for $150,000. I worked on this house for over a year and lost my life savings and they made $60,000 in one week for shuffling papers. I just wonder if they weren't going to profit to this extreme from my hardship how I might of been able to work something out to make my business grow and bring jobs to the community.
Now if I have been misinformed about the owners of Newmon properties LLC I will appologize, but if they are the owners how is this not illegal??????
Dark Male

Jasper, GA

#25 Sep 14, 2010
Thanks David,
So Newmon Properties is Lisa Newton(not Tracy)and Rusty Beamon which is still bad enough for me. Now the other question when did the three get fired or quit? As this transaction took place 10-21 / 10-28 of 09 so was Rusty still working for the bank????
Fair Play

Blue Ridge, GA

#26 Sep 14, 2010
My point here is that since David's actions could have dire consequences for others, I think it only fair that a dissenting voice challenge his assertions. He cannot be allowed to be the judge and the jury. It is entirely possible and quite likely that he does not have access to all of the information regarding the transactions he has so hastily presented here. The beneficial members of the entities with which he and others have become obsessed are simply not public information. The true details of the transactions are quite possibly obscured in the public record. He and others may have jumped to conclusions based on their own assumptions and desire to see someone punished over their own bad decisions. It is just as possible that information is missing in public records that would show that no profits were made or even that money was lost. Some of you simply want the worst to be true. There is nothing wrong with someone disagreeing with any of you and plenty of folks out there do. That's just a fact of life so get used to it.
Dark Male

Jasper, GA

#27 Sep 14, 2010
Fair Play,
Thanks for that but really can you read? It almost seems like you maybe related to one of the parties involved and are hoping that they are not guilty?
I would like more than anything like David has mentioned for the local or for that matter any of the newspaper to investigate and do a story on this from what ever perspective just to bring out every side.
But if the "3" are guilty they should go to jail!
Dr Phil

Ball Ground, GA

#30 Sep 14, 2010
PRESCRIBE, PRESCRIBE, PRESCRIBE
Would some nice local physician please write this poor sole a prescription for some anti-delusion medication. Whatever you prescribe for run of the mill schizophrenics should help poor David. Maybe some electroshock therapy too.
RX for DX

Waterloo, Canada

#31 Sep 14, 2010
Hopkins- I do not care to hear or obtain knowledge on your current affairs and family entanglements- what and whom I desire to hear from are: (1) any of your siblings; (2) childhood neighbors; and, (3) primary/secondary school teachers to gauge the level or extent of your childhood abuse(s) issues. ALSO, please do not incorporate my GOD, my LORD, within your hatred.
Are you people stoned

Ellijay, GA

#32 Sep 14, 2010
Are you people stoned or think for one minute that the bank officers did nothing wrong at all then why were they fired. I mean honestly they have outright ripped some people off plain and simple don't you get it. GREED is one of the seven deadly sins and the former bank and it officers and other employees know it. They may get away with it they may not we will just have to wait and see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
georgia used car dealer license delay in status 48 min Charles 2
I just moved to Atlanta and took a cruise throu... (Jun '12) 54 min mkratz 22
Our men & women in blue 2 hr Go Blue Forever 21
Clinton is Satin! 10 hr Lol 12
Where to eat in Ellijay (Nov '12) Jul 21 kobinator1 24
New Park and Rec Director (Feb '15) Jul 21 Mr Punchy 70
Gilmer High Bobcat Football Jul 20 Do What 6

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance