almost free gas and diesel

Posted in the Ellijay Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boss Hogg

Ellijay, GA

#1 Sep 20, 2012
Joule Unlimited started their new plant in New Mexico last week. They are using waste carbon dioxide and waste water to make diesel and a type of alcohol that can be mixed 50/50 with gas. This plant can produce 15,000 gallons of fuel per year per acre of ground and the ground can be untillable. They plan to partner with plants that burn coal (like Georgia Power) and utilize the smokestack fumes to create a synthetic crude oil substance. This first plant is a production design that can be added to very quickly with no additional design work. It now covers 4 acres. This and the recent patents on fuel cells and pellet fuels looks promising as a means to end our dependence on foreign oil. So while some have said "drill baby drill" others have quietly been working on a real solution to 2 problems.....CO2 emissions and a reduced need for oil.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#2 Sep 20, 2012
I still want to drill, baby drill. Baby baby baby drill.
But as long as this new technique does not use any of our food supply , then I am excited. We've got to stop burning our grain.

Post links to this, please. I'll come in tonight and spend more time looking at what you offer.

Thanks.

P.S. I believe Terry Daniel talked about this, back when he posted often.
info

Ellijay, GA

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Great Post. Would like to know the source.
Local Patron

Ellijay, GA

#4 Sep 20, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
I still want to drill, baby drill. Baby baby baby drill.
But as long as this new technique does not use any of our food supply , then I am excited. We've got to stop burning our grain.
Post links to this, please. I'll come in tonight and spend more time looking at what you offer.
Thanks.
P.S. I believe Terry Daniel talked about this, back when he posted often.
Doncha think maybe Boss Hogg is TD which is why we haven't heard from him ... I have thought this for a few weeks now.
Hello

Ellijay, GA

#5 Sep 20, 2012
I hope they have done all of this without taxpayer dollars. Seems to be the kiss of death for "green" technologies. Especially when the technology is not viable in the first place. This does sound promising though, maybe it will work out.

I wonder if the diesel can be further refined into gasoline? Bad thing about alcohol is its tendency to attract water. It is not great for today's engines either, not that engine technology could not be developed to better utilize alcohol.

I wonder also how waste carbon dioxide is collected and delivered? Is it generated onsite or brought in from industrial sources? I imagine it would need to be collected and compressed wherever it is generated. Probably save some industry a few credits off of their air permit.

Interesting!
boB

Ellijay, GA

#6 Sep 20, 2012
Local Patron wrote:
<quoted text>
Doncha think maybe Boss Hogg is TD which is why we haven't heard from him ... I have thought this for a few weeks now.
betcha 5 bucks he is..He likes for you to know how smart he thinks he is --but--- The above post is extremly interesting as obummer is trying to phase out coal fired generation..I will admit this is a very good post even though we don't see eye to eye..

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Local Patron wrote:
<quoted text>
Doncha think maybe Boss Hogg is TD which is why we haven't heard from him ... I have thought this for a few weeks now.
I never thought of that. I used to be pretty good at identifying this sort of thing. I just figured he was keeping sane off Topix :D

Hope I'm not losing my touch.
Sam

Ellijay, GA

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Bob its those brown colored eyes from being full of dillweed that keeps you from agreeing.
boB

Ellijay, GA

#9 Sep 20, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
I still want to drill, baby drill. Baby baby baby drill.
But as long as this new technique does not use any of our food supply , then I am excited. We've got to stop burning our grain.
Post links to this, please. I'll come in tonight and spend more time looking at what you offer.
Thanks.
P.S. I believe Terry Daniel talked about this, back when he posted often.
drill a hole and push obummer in and maybe in a million years or so he can be a lump of coal or a couple quarts of oil

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#10 Sep 20, 2012
Hello wrote:
I hope they have done all of this without taxpayer dollars. Seems to be the kiss of death for "green" technologies. Especially when the technology is not viable in the first place. This does sound promising though, maybe it will work out.
I wonder if the diesel can be further refined into gasoline? Bad thing about alcohol is its tendency to attract water. It is not great for today's engines either, not that engine technology could not be developed to better utilize alcohol.
I wonder also how waste carbon dioxide is collected and delivered? Is it generated onsite or brought in from industrial sources? I imagine it would need to be collected and compressed wherever it is generated. Probably save some industry a few credits off of their air permit.
Interesting!
I agree with your post, and you seem really smart about this stuff.

I concentrate on slightly different topics, so if you two want to post links to take me directly to the stories, I'll check them out.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#11 Sep 20, 2012
Sam wrote:
Bob its those brown colored eyes from being full of dillweed that keeps you from agreeing.
I need a translation, for this one. No really.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#12 Sep 20, 2012
boB wrote:
<quoted text> drill a hole and push obummer in and maybe in a million years or so he can be a lump of coal or a couple quarts of oil
Now this I don't need translation :)
boB

Ellijay, GA

#13 Sep 20, 2012
Sam wrote:
Bob its those brown colored eyes from being full of dillweed that keeps you from agreeing.
who knows ?you guess I really don't care-- opinions are for each of us to have He has his I have mine and you can have yours . Isn't it great to be an American where we can do this?
boB

Ellijay, GA

#14 Sep 20, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
I need a translation, for this one. No really.
hahah translated to I think poor Sam has had a toke or 2 of his dillweed..
boB

Ellijay, GA

#15 Sep 20, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
Now this I don't need translation :)
hope you didn't need it translated..haha kinda blunt and to the point..
boB

Ellijay, GA

#16 Sep 20, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your post, and you seem really smart about this stuff.
I concentrate on slightly different topics, so if you two want to post links to take me directly to the stories, I'll check them out.
Hey ego--I just got off the joule web site,Interesting reading , headed back to it after I humor poor Sam a bit more..I think Sam is a bob wanna be--hahahaha
Sam

Ellijay, GA

#17 Sep 20, 2012
Bob why would I want to be a dumbass like you? hahahahaha
boB

Ellijay, GA

#18 Sep 20, 2012
Sam wrote:
Bob why would I want to be a dumbass like you? hahahahaha
hahhhhha you are doing a fine job of it right now ahhahahah
Sam

Ellijay, GA

#19 Sep 20, 2012
Can't take the heat can you Bobby. I do believe you're the dumbest dillweed I've seen on here.
Boss Hogg

Ellijay, GA

#20 Sep 21, 2012
Hello wrote:
I hope they have done all of this without taxpayer dollars. Seems to be the kiss of death for "green" technologies. Especially when the technology is not viable in the first place. This does sound promising though, maybe it will work out.
I wonder if the diesel can be further refined into gasoline? Bad thing about alcohol is its tendency to attract water. It is not great for today's engines either, not that engine technology could not be developed to better utilize alcohol.
I wonder also how waste carbon dioxide is collected and delivered? Is it generated onsite or brought in from industrial sources? I imagine it would need to be collected and compressed wherever it is generated. Probably save some industry a few credits off of their air permit.
Interesting!
I don't think they did it with taxpayer dollars but I really don't know. They have raised 110 million but have not had an IPO as yet. Get the details from their website. www.jouleunlimited.com
Also note the most recent press release that announces a partnership with Audi. I don't think Audi would be easily fooled into partnering unless this system had promise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good News Cafe 3 hr Brads place 8
Gilmer county Judge flips out in Waffle House 5 hr Brads place 19
Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off Owners (Apr '07) 6 hr ghostrider 10,958
Cronic Offender on Parole again 6 hr George Shaffer 17
Black crime in Gilmer 6 hr Pixel 1
Has Your AT&T Wireless Service Deteriorated (Aug '13) 20 hr Hwy282 30
Ellijay Topix taken over by vermin Wed disgusted 19

Ellijay News Video

Ellijay Dating
Find my Match

Ellijay Jobs

Ellijay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ellijay News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ellijay

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]