How many managers does Walmart need?

Posted in the Ellijay Forum

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Sep 12, 2012
I never fail to shake my head in amazement when walking through Walmart. Just today I noticed a couple managers trying to explain how to put up a display shelf. You would think they were discussing brain surgery. Do you really need a college degree to be able to instruct an individual on how to erect a display shelf? Now there is nothing wrong with having a college degree, but really do you think a manager at walmart would need one?
East Town

Jefferson, GA

#3 Sep 13, 2012
Yes. People in this country have gotta stop thnking a damn degree gets them outta work.

Since: Sep 12

ellijay

#4 Sep 13, 2012
store mangrs have to have a college degree but not dept. mngrs.these guys do alot of hard physical labor -unless the are lazy dopes thst pawn their work off on others.theres alot of hard work in the grocery biz that we customers dont see and appreciate.but,damn,watch those walmart employees walk aimlessly thru the store.mass hiring consequence?

Location hidden

#5 Sep 13, 2012
The main manager and assistant , I can see needing a degree maybe. Even though in years past plenty of stores managed just fine with out the degree people. It just seems like a lot of money to spend on a college degree to end up as a manager at Walmart. It is really funny watching the managers give instruction on how to put up shelves . I have worked in departments stores and did this very task. It isn't to complicated.

Location hidden

#6 Sep 13, 2012
Just from a customers point of view. Put products in one place and leave them a lone. There isn't anything more aggravating then buying something one week, and having to spend 20 minutes trying to find it the next. Maybe they should teach their managers this while getting there degree.
Reality

Ellijay, GA

#7 Sep 13, 2012
Damn if Sam Walton were alive today he would probably close the doors before a genius like Turniptown put hom out of business.

You are still an idiot, who probably couldn't even get hired at Walmart!

Location hidden

#8 Sep 13, 2012
Reality wrote:
Damn if Sam Walton were alive today he would probably close the doors before a genius like Turniptown put hom out of business.
You are still an idiot, who probably couldn't even get hired at Walmart!
Nice to hear from you Reality. How is that education thing going? Do you have all the woes of the Gilmer school system fixed yet? I figured with someone as brilliant as your self our students would be ranked number one in state by now.
East Town

Hooks, TX

#9 Sep 25, 2012
turniptown wrote:
Just from a customers point of view. Put products in one place and leave them a lone. There isn't anything more aggravating then buying something one week, and having to spend 20 minutes trying to find it the next. Maybe they should teach their managers this while getting there degree.
It isnt the managers call, Most retail keep their floor plans in rotation, People with degrees make these plans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Here goes the BOE again interim sup to be named... 5 hr future super 10
Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off Owners (Apr '07) 8 hr Keep It Clean 11,187
Keeping Bears Out of Trash Cans (Mar '13) Mon localgirl 33
Are there any haunted places in Gilmer County? (Sep '11) Sun nat 15
What happened to Attorney Madonna Powers Sun curious 2
Dorsey at it again Mar 27 GAFTRW 15
Police Seek Bad Check Mom Mar 26 Pedro 2
Ellijay Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web