Let us get realistic here

Ellijay, GA

#7717 Feb 1, 2013
Nothing is going to become postive on this thread until the house is cleaned out! We all know our dues have gone up..and why? Gross mismanagement? It came out at the BOD meeting a few wks ago that over the past several years the staff has increased 100%. Hear that? 100%. From what I have been hearing/reading over the last several years, many companies are laying off and going "leaner". How can it be possible that CRRA has continued to hire more people the last several years in this awful economy? Gross mismanagement? I agree with an earlier poster about PS. That department is out of control. Mismanagement? The covenants state security at the gates. What happened? Was this the friends and family hiring process? Let's create new things to do so we can hire more people. Mismanagement? I feel certain that we have a HUGE problem right now. You will find it in the POA office.

Since: Sep 12

Ellijay, GA

#7718 Feb 1, 2013
Down and Out in CRR wrote:
<quoted text>
If I can keep city thugs like you busy clicking "Judge It" buttons here, you arent cruising our streets insulting women and threatening people with physical violence. This is how I "give back" to the residents of CRR.
I find your response absolutely hysterical, in a few years you could be a millionaire!!! I hope you remember how you got there, please donít forget the little people!

You need to lighten up, life is way to short to always being so down and out!!!
The White Raven

Ellijay, GA

#7719 Feb 1, 2013
watching you

Ellijay, GA

And you consider yourself a guru?

Ornithologist

Ellijay, GA

I am always wary of gurus seeking to enlighten others.

You and the Ornithologist need to compare notes
and get on the same page so you can launch your
attacks in a coordinated way. As it is, you guys
come off as exactly what you are, and that's just
as well. Were it not for the rules of this forum
I would be happy to spell it out for you - as to
what you are. Suffice to say there are many kinds
of clowns at the circus, but even without their make
up and costumes we could still know that they're
clowns. But carry on, and good luck.

Ellijay, GA

#7720 Feb 1, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
watching you
Ellijay, GA
I know who the clowns are!

Ellijay, GA

#7721 Feb 1, 2013
I vote for new management and two BOD to resign (BS and SG). Let's get the show on the road!
Ornithologist

Ellijay, GA

#7722 Feb 2, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
watching you
Ellijay, GA
Attacks...you are trapped in a web of paranoia. Please, feel free to spell out the truth about those whom you have never met...oh Omniscient One. This is just an amusing sideshow that features occasional, civic concerns convoluted to allow the ramblings of certain self-deluded "provacateurs" and "snake-oil salesmen/hucksters"...if you feel attacked ; it may be a reflection of your pithy pronouncements...refer to our last vocabulary lesson featuring the word of the week:Verbose. You...my fine-feathered friend, are prone to flights of fancy. No malice intended. Next time you crave some "verbal jousting", wear some armor so your feelings don't get hurt!

seriously

United States

#7723 Feb 2, 2013
realtor wrote:
<quoted text>
If I lived in this community and saw this post I would put my house on the market tomorrow before everyone else did. Are you saying that if you confront the BOD you have to fear for your safety??????
last summer I stood before the board
and presented to them the problems in the campground. I also mentioned before going
to the RV show in Tampa they should consider cleaning up the campground so they could be proud of what sold

after the meeting was over Susan Gardner approached me and told me my comments were rude and insulting. She did this while i was talking to Curtis Alverson the campground representative who was very much interested in what I saw. I wasn't fearful but I can tell you I was intimidated.
Susan gardeners term is OVER this next year's election, as a community just don't vote her back in. Maybe next time you can get a board president that will stand up after the meeting and thank the owners that actually took the time to come to the meeting and speak up instead of treating them the way I was treated. Maybe that was their way of discouraging people to speak up at meetings

I had driven 8 and a half hours from Tampa Florida to attend this meeting and stood before 18 board members the general manager David Durgin and a full time lawyer,
along with 75 members who were in attendance sitting behind me.

with all those people staring at you I can honestly admit it is not an easy task to
stand before all those people.

I have since sold our 2 very nice, well rented vacation homes
they would have never sold if they didn't have the income that they have produced because they were in Coosswattee.

I wanted to go and get a nice lot in the campground so we would have a place to stay in the mountains. I actually did have fear when I was driving through those streets.
Let's clean up CRR, get rid of the people that allow this to
happen, change the name of the community and let's move forward as a new community under new management with respectful board members.
watching you

Ellijay, GA

#7724 Feb 2, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
watching you
Ellijay, GA
Now I know what you are!! With all your long winded posts and clever comebacks. I canít believe I didnít see it sooner, youíre a POLITICIAN!!!!!
realtor

Ellijay, GA

#7725 Feb 2, 2013
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
last summer I stood before the board
and presented to them the problems in the campground. I also mentioned before going
to the RV show in Tampa they should consider cleaning up the campground so they could be proud of what sold
after the meeting was over Susan Gardner approached me and told me my comments were rude and insulting. She did this while i was talking to Curtis Alverson the campground representative who was very much interested in what I saw. I wasn't fearful but I can tell you I was intimidated.
Susan gardeners term is OVER this next year's election, as a community just don't vote her back in. Maybe next time you can get a board president that will stand up after the meeting and thank the owners that actually took the time to come to the meeting and speak up instead of treating them the way I was treated. Maybe that was their way of discouraging people to speak up at meetings
I had driven 8 and a half hours from Tampa Florida to attend this meeting and stood before 18 board members the general manager David Durgin and a full time lawyer,
along with 75 members who were in attendance sitting behind me.
with all those people staring at you I can honestly admit it is not an easy task to
stand before all those people.
I have since sold our 2 very nice, well rented vacation homes
they would have never sold if they didn't have the income that they have produced because they were in Coosswattee.
I wanted to go and get a nice lot in the campground so we would have a place to stay in the mountains. I actually did have fear when I was driving through those streets.
Let's clean up CRR, get rid of the people that allow this to
happen, change the name of the community and let's move forward as a new community under new management with respectful board members.
I just want to personally thank you for trying. I know it isn't easy to stand up to an arrogant board. But they work and represent you and all the others there. They should welcome and ENCOURAGE member input and participation. The more people that come to meetings the greater the opportunity for the board to explain what some of the problems are and if there are valid reasons they can't do something the people want.

Don't stop attending, and the rest of you out there need to take the time to attend a meeting and make yourself heard. But ranting and complaining don't work. You need to figure out the problems, and make solid suggestions and/or demands. It is your home and community, it will take a lot of personal involvement to get it cleaned up. It didn't get this way overnight, but if you ever want your property values to increase as they are in the rest of the county, you need to get involved. The BOD doesn't seem to have the same agenda.
The White Raven

Ellijay, GA

#7726 Feb 2, 2013
Ornithologist
Ellijay, GA

Next time you crave some "verbal jousting", wear some armor so your feelings don't get hurt!

Naw, we cool bro. You jus be da way you be. What you say, then you say some other thing, but you did not really mean anything by what you said before - so we doan know what'cha sayin. Like you say you always weary of gurus seeking to enlighten others. But dat all cool, so let's rap dat guru thang.

Yo this is the nutcracker, youknawhatI'mmsayin? This thread be'da fruitcake, ornitholigist and watcher be our nuts. I got my mine Lil Dap, and my man Guru from Gang Starr With my man. Yeah... Guru, huh?, Yeah, c'mon y'all - uh, lift your fist Uhh, yeah!, lift yo fist - c'mon (Uhh)- a million dollars, something that money just can't bring... Yeah, her eyes are filled with diamonds and everybody knows her name.
Guru, my, my, my, my, my baby. Need some guru... You know it.

The Smoke Witch says, "Wahoo! "And the Wise Man says, "Me too!" And the Guru says, "Wazoo!" So do what you do! He's mighty daring mighty, right he must be some kind'a guru Yeah... Yo... Guru, huh?, oooh, ahhh, oooh ahhh, you get'n some good thang now baby, oooh ahhh... The pavements with fluorescent Christmas cheer And the Bentley-driving guru is putting up his price. Anyone for tennis, wouldn't that be nice? Lil'bit taww much staff and dead weight wid'da POA...

Hey, yo-yo-bro. What up? This is big Guru from the Gangstarr, you know what I'm sayin'? Just checkin' in on ya. Yo, I heard about your ornithologist, the lowdown Guru of the jet set, Just looking for a safe bet, If love is king, who wears the crown? If you be da 'King of CRR' Then someone ate the crown. Bad, bad by law, you no say you're da numba one? Watchin her drivin by, in her new whip, so fly, Wish Raven could sing me a lullaby, you know you're Never ever coming back, He's a god, he's a man, He's a ghost, he's a guru, They're whispering his name, Through this
disappearing land. Dedicated to all my CRR peeps who looked out over the years, Knawhat I'm sayin'? This one's for you. Just keep you crazy with nothing to do. Keep you occupied with pie in the sky. There ain't no Guru who can see through your eye. This poop is certified right here (whoo yes, yes), No games with this right here, we straight, No mo poop fees and extra POA b.s. to pay...

I had an icon that glowed in the dark, With psychotropic eyes and a plastic heart, I had a guru, one vision, one dream, get too excited then you might (?)ream. Dreams, I've got as a Raven, and my spirit's flying, That's enough to keep me smiling. Needn't panic. I'm not consulting any guru. Calling psychics or practicing with voodoo, Yo pluck the kiddy crap.
I did that stupid poo, already jack, Many rapper talk about how they come strapped with plenty gats. The guru of pimpin'.. Mac guru mo' gimpin' Let's work it agin now honey. oooh... ahhh... Nutcracker can crack
watcher nuts but we cool. Good-Bye, baby. Baby, good-bye. Divine, oh Divine. Falling like a picture of time... Da next man gonna freeze dem dues riht where dey be riht now.

All his life he's been guru-chasing, mountain climbing, deep soul diving, stamp collecting, sea monkey raising, like fire, slick like a hot shaft,
nah me think about me retirin, so peep it out. I just survive any way I can, no 'guru', no method, no pension plan... I got a dash-mount compass that won't direct. I got a get-rich guru who calls collect. You to meet my Raven guru? He came from above, he'll send you a mantra, if you give him your love. Asked my local guru the situation and he gave me no reply, while just pointing a bony claw up into the general direction of the sky.

We gonna fix everthang with CRR soon as we rap bout everthang bout it ova here. Hope all dat not too long winded or verbose. Verbose be a word? I'll have my homie look that up. Maybe it's all just politics. Then money and religion come with dat. Dem 3 all get mixed together ever time. Feelings hurt? Naw
Ornithologist

Ellijay, GA

#7727 Feb 2, 2013
cracker, youknawhatI'mmsayin? This thread be'da fruitcake, ornitholigist and watcher be our nuts. I got my mine Lil Dap, and my man Guru from Gang Starr With my man.] Now I understand your perspective: that of a self-proclaimed "fruitcake";albeit a stale one. Despite your exercise in circumlocution ; if your intent is to preserve the beauty of CRR and to improve the lot of concerned, forward thinking dues paying owners...then we share that common ground.
The White Raven

Ellijay, GA

#7728 Feb 2, 2013
Well done is better than well said, or well written. We all know people that contantly talk about what they're going to do but they rarely take the first step.

But with how it is right now, as many here have pointed out, and continue to point out..., you have to change the leadership and get a grip on the budget and the costs and expenses. Even this common sense stuff seems to have never been done before around here. Until and unless this is done it's a waste of time to think to do any of these other things.

Also the 'local' Realtor may as well go ahead and state their name and what firm they are associated with, as in any case somebody will make it a point to come out with this information anyway - after all of this.

Hey could be good for you, and it might not be so good for you, but you can't turn back now. A good Realtor is like somebody that's running for office.
[Somebody mentioned that to me about 10 years ago and I wish I could say who it was.] Things may work out for you by 'coming out', but then you never know... Need those sales and commissions... We know that's what it's really always all about, but you're here to help. Isn't that special.

I can do a rap with this material if yall would like it better that way.

Me now being called the 'Omniscient One' as well? Yo hommie look that one up too. What be up wid dat?

Me on flights of fancy? Is that a fact? Do tell? How could they thin that? Ricky Ricardo on I Love Lucy, well he was Cuban and with his accent whenever he said think, it came out pronounced as 'thin'. Rappers borrow that when it suits them.

just an amusing sideshow... Could be to some, might be serious biznes to others... We'll know soon enough.

ramblings of certain self-deluded "provacateurs" ... Yo
bro what'cha know? I got to study on all that. Feel another rap coming on though...

snake-oil salesmen/hucksters... What'cha talkin bout willis?

Silly foo [fighter]... That seem to be you.

You guys work this thread best you can now for awhile. You got some stuff to work with now for a little bit. This thread just stays red hot. Hard to figure out why - isn't it? If you're so disgusted and everybody over here is nuts and there's nothing but garbage here why are you looking at it so much and can't wait to look? C'mon... We know how you really are.

You know me, or you just thin that you do. That's a reason why it's so funny. Truth is you're clueless. I mean that, of course, with no malice intended.

I'll come back and see what cha got later. Then more glib gab and pot shots all around - right? Yeah buddie... Yep. I reckon so.
watching you

Ellijay, GA

#7729 Feb 2, 2013
Ornithologist wrote:
cracker, youknawhatI'mmsayin? This thread be'da fruitcake, ornitholigist and watcher be our nuts. I got my mine Lil Dap, and my man Guru from Gang Starr With my man.] Now I understand your perspective: that of a self-proclaimed "fruitcake";albeit a stale one. Despite your exercise in circumlocution ; if your intent is to preserve the beauty of CRR and to improve the lot of concerned, forward thinking dues paying owners...then we share that common ground.
Now look what you did, White Raven is running at the mouth again...
libratoo

Ellijay, GA

#7730 Feb 2, 2013
General Sherman said "Why, you might as well attempt to put out the flames of a burning house with a squirt-gun."

Seems like that is what is going on. Everyone is seeing the big issues but trying to get rid of them by sweating the little stuff. THAT IS CRAZY!

When Sherman captured Atlanta he ordered all civilians to leave, seeing the big issue and eradicated it. He ordered that all military and government buildings be destroyed by fire. If one cuts off their enemyís supplies, the enemy can no longer fight. This was Shermanís motivation. His actions were a direct cause to shortening the war.

Quit sweating the small stuff, we know we can take care of our community without the CRRA. Lets go after the real problem!
bob 2

Rome, GA

#7731 Feb 2, 2013
realtor wrote:
<quoted text>
As a realtor who tries to sell property in CRR, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I do not understand why the BOD of CRR cannot see the damage to the image of the community the lack of enforcement of the rules creates. Over the years I have sold several properties in CRR but none recently. In fact, of the last 10 customers I have had looking for something under $175,000, every one of them, all ten, when I asked them for their criteria, all said at the end of their list, and NOT in Coosawattee. These are all people from out of town, yet they know to avoid CRR!
I have been reading this thread for years and it astounds me how the same problems exist as they did 5 years ago, you just pay more dues for the privilege of complaining about them. The campground area is so horrible (except for a few streets) that I do everything I can to avoid driving that way. so when a customer wants to see the teen center it is difficult. If you all only knew how many people go back and drive around before buying and actually get scared if they drive up one of the numbered streets. And each time that has happened they call me and say they don't want to put the contract in on the house they selected because obviously the POA is ineffective and they didn't want to live in a community that doesn't enforce its rules. They look at those streets and envision that one day that is what their street will look like as the houses get older. Most people are buying a retirement home and don't want to end up in a ghetto. And because over the years the campground has gotten worse (except for two streets which have gotten better) how can I defend it?
I don't live there, but I cannot understand with as many people that live there that you can't have gone in mass and demanded certain things from the board or unseat them. It is YOUR community. Demand enforcement of the rules. And, if you don't have the authority to condemn a place, amend the rules and get the right.
So then which community do you steer your clients to?

I am wondering how they compare to CRR ?
Ornithologist

Ellijay, GA

#7733 Feb 3, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
Well done is better than well said, or well written. We all know people that contantly talk about what they're going to do but they rarely take the first step.
But with how it is right now, as many here have pointed out, and continue to point out..., you have to change the leadership and get a grip on the budget and the costs and expenses. Even this common sense stuff seems to have never been done before around here. Until and unless this is done it's a waste of time to think to do any of these other things.
Also the 'local' Realtor may as well go ahead and state their name and what firm they are associated with, as in any case somebody will make it a point to come out with this information anyway - after all of this.
Hey could be good for you, and it might not be so good for you, but you can't turn back now. A good Realtor is like somebody that's running for office.
[Somebody mentioned that to me about 10 years ago and I wish I could say who it was.] Things may work out for you by 'coming out', but then you never know... Need those sales and commissions... We know that's what it's really always all about, but you're here to help. Isn't that special.
I can do a rap with this material if yall would like it better that way.
Me now being called the 'Omniscient One' as well? Yo hommie look that one up too. What be up wid dat?
Me on flights of fancy? Is that a fact? Do tell? How could they thin that? Ricky Ricardo on I Love Lucy, well he was Cuban and with his accent whenever he said think, it came out pronounced as 'thin'. Rappers borrow that when it suits them.
just an amusing sideshow... Could be to some, might be serious biznes to others... We'll know soon enough.
ramblings of certain self-deluded "provacateurs" ... Yo
bro what'cha know? I got to study on all that. Feel another rap coming on though...
snake-oil salesmen/hucksters... What'cha talkin bout willis?
Silly foo [fighter]... That seem to be you.
You guys work this thread best you can now for awhile. You got some stuff to work with now for a little bit. This thread just stays red hot. Hard to figure out why - isn't it? If you're so disgusted and everybody over here is nuts and there's nothing but garbage here why are you looking at it so much and can't wait to look? C'mon... We know how you really are.
You know me, or you just thin that you do. That's a reason why it's so funny. Truth is you're clueless. I mean that, of course, with no malice intended.
I'll come back and see what cha got later. Then more glib gab and pot shots all around - right? Yeah buddie... Yep. I reckon so.
Here is my final clue for you: take a powerful laxative to clear your head, find a skilled therapist to listen to all of the voices you hear...maybe then he can guide you towards an acceptance of reality and free you from the Twilight Zone. And as a Bonus Gift ...your act is now beyond stale(moldy), best to just fade away, or create a new persona; anything to escape the rut that you find yourself in. In closing; no malice intended, but the truth is you are unworthy of any serious consideration and comically unequipped for the rigors of debate. See you the next time the circus comes to town BOZO!

watching you

Ellijay, GA

#7734 Feb 3, 2013
Now this is just an observation, but whatever it is youíre taking, coffee, Red Bull, or some other energy drink, you need to cut back a little. And if itís a prescribed medication, you need to call your doctor. White Raven, you are way over the top here..
Nalla

Ellijay, GA

#7735 Feb 3, 2013
Hermans Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I am impressed that this RV show could put all of this together and get our people and everyone else that attended down there with, say two day's notice? I mean this show couldn't have been planned in advance otherwise our president would have noticed the conflict and sent someone else to the show or if she just had to be there, she could have rescheduled the board meeting to next week at the last board meeting.
You see I know she knew when the RV show was because it was mentioned by some of the board members at the last meeting. Guess they just didn't realize the dates were the same. Because surely they wouldn't have inconvenienced everyone like this on purpose.
Yes, it was announced at a previous BOD meeting they were attending. But I guess running our 4.5 Million dollar corporation takes back seat to an RV show that others could have run. She didnt need to go at all. That in itself shows where her priorities are.
I would also like to know how much they paid for those awful brochures they had specially printed for the occasion.
Down and Out in CRR

Ellijay, GA

#7736 Feb 3, 2013
watching you wrote:
Now this is just an observation, but whatever it is youíre taking, coffee, Red Bull, or some other energy drink, you need to cut back a little. And if itís a prescribed medication, you need to call your doctor. White Raven, you are way over the top here..
This thread is filled with threats insults and allegations that CRR residents are on drugs. I dont think you are helping our image.
Nalla

Ellijay, GA

#7737 Feb 3, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
"If you don't like what the Board is doing, just replace them. I checked your by-laws (online) and you can vote any board member out at any membership meeting. So..........get together with your neighbors, find people that you trust, and that are willing to do the job, then go to a meeting, vote the old board out and vote the new board in. It's so simple. UNLESS what we have here is just a very small minority who like to make waves, while the majority are satisfied with the work done by the Board."
Raven, not slamming you or what you say, just wanted to add something to this portion of your arguement. If you continue reading our By-Laws it says it takes a majority of the membership to do this. We have thousands of property owners here, most of which are not permanent residents of this association. Those that live out of town get little or no information of what is happening here on the "official" CRRA site, as evident by no Highlights Magazine since Oct 2012 with the "summary" of the BOD meetings. So getting a majority of members to vote out ANY board member until the annual election would be difficult to accomplish.

I am not looking at the By-Laws at the moment but even a majority of that particular section the BOD member represents would be difficult.

The largest data base I know of is that of coosaneighbor.com at around 1000 members, and she gets slammed with having false information all the time. I know for a fact that all her information can be documented and if asked she will supply the proof needed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Park and Rec Director 7 hr RacinLady 53
Regarding The Latest BOE Scandal 9 hr marchsnow 13
Is the BOE hiding something? Wed Parentteacher 104
Gilmer Co Road Dept. Tue law too 2
Mailbox destroyed reward offered. Feb 23 Boomerang 9
Stalking case Feb 22 by definition 3
Tankersley to turn back on hometown Feb 21 pissmtn 29

Ellijay News Video

Ellijay Dating
Find my Match