seriously

Brandon, FL

#7656 Jan 30, 2013
The new vision statement for Coosawattee that they just adopted.

.....To promote a clean, safe community of well maintained properties through pride of ownership and enforcement of governing documents while providing year round amenities and promoting harmony with our natural environment

the part about enforcement of governing documents will be a huge step forward if they follow through.
Say What

Sylacauga, AL

#7657 Jan 30, 2013
Governing docs Sec. 1
"B. Property Owners with improved lots (with house or Recreational Vehicle) should keep
the lawn (if any) mowed and weeded and the lot free of yard debris and trash."

The word "should" means enforcement is almost impossible. It's original concept it would seem would indicate a belief property owners would police themselves repsonsibly. Obviously, that is not the case. A drive through the campgrounds indicates many of those people haven't read or don't give a damn, and it isn't limited to campgrounds. A trip along Eagle Mountain Drive and Lemmon Lane can bear witness to the fact some property owners/renters don't give a damn.
Down and Out in CRR

Ellijay, GA

#7659 Jan 30, 2013
seriously wrote:
"promoting harmony with our natural environment"
This is an example of the feel-good buzzwords of burned out hippies and flower children. We need to promote civilized behavior in the newcomers from the cities.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#7660 Jan 30, 2013
Sheesh...and I thought my community has issues.
CRR Owner

Ellijay, GA

#7661 Jan 30, 2013
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is? Seems you might be representing a small who doesn't want the Sheriff inside CRRA. Given the serious issues we have with county code compliance, concerns over drug manufacturing and distribution, theft, etc., personally I welcome the Sheriff. Guess we can deduce your cease and desist letter met with a thud. While I agree bringing in the Sheriff or other law enforcement to set up speeding traps, etc., is inappropriate, to have their presence within here is, IMHO with merit and establishes a relationship between us/them that if you're not engaged in any illegal activity should be just fine.
Terry, go back to wherever you came from. You are a fine example of the insane personalities that have taken over Coosawattee and why anyone considering buying into Coosawattee should think twice and make theie investments elsewhere. Party on babe.
Love CRRA

Cumming, GA

#7662 Jan 30, 2013
Please be Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in a conversation with a local builder. He was emphatic CRRs biggest problem is with our horrible image as portrayed on Topix. His company employing a decent workforce has lost at least three new construction jobs recently in CRR because the prospective owner read this blog.
Please exercise your God given intelligence and shut this down.
The same builder said there is good building activity in Fannin and the continued garbage on here will delay any economic improvement considerably.
Why do you think they Started this SITe? The same few people post most of negative things to hurt CRRA.

Everyone Try to rent a Villa. My cousins stayed in the Villas over the Holidays and really enjoyed it!!!
todo42

Ellijay, GA

#7663 Jan 30, 2013
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is? Seems you might be representing a small who doesn't want the Sheriff inside CRRA. Given the serious issues we have with county code compliance, concerns over drug manufacturing and distribution, theft, etc., personally I welcome the Sheriff. Guess we can deduce your cease and desist letter met with a thud. While I agree bringing in the Sheriff or other law enforcement to set up speeding traps, etc., is inappropriate, to have their presence within here is, IMHO with merit and establishes a relationship between us/them that if you're not engaged in any illegal activity should be just fine.
I totally see both sides of the argument. If I understood correctly crime is a problem, especially if the civilians are not the only ones breaking the law.

I think you are going a bit far when you allow public officers to setup speed traps on private property, that sounds crazy to me. but what do i know.

To have a "Them and Us" mentality of the relationship between the citizens and public officers is drawing a line. If you want a good relationship with public officers, they have to be on the same playing ground as everyday citizens, to establish Trust anyway.

If the everyday citizen constantly observes officers breaking the same law they enforce, of coarse, mistrust is being built.

This wouldn't even be a topic of discussion if, in the beginning, the police followed the law to apply (what they call) "Uniform rules of the Road" to private property.
libratoo

Ellijay, GA

#7664 Jan 30, 2013
Why should we trust in politicians
And why should we vote at their elections
When there is no place for we, you and me
In their secret society, they call us minorities
They are going to treat us all like shit again
To this there is no mystery.....

So tell me why should we trust in politicians...
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#7665 Jan 30, 2013
The Black Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
The spell is cast we do agree,
The COO will be forced to flee.
The die is cast for Bill and Sue,
Their days are numbered so cry boo-hoo.
Wouldn't that be something?
Down and Out in CRR

Ellijay, GA

#7666 Jan 30, 2013
Love CRRA wrote:
My cousins stayed in the Villas over the Holidays and really enjoyed it!!!
Ferrets have stayed in the Villas,
and they really enjoyed it too.
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#7667 Jan 30, 2013
Down and Out in CRR wrote:
<quoted text>
Ferrets have stayed in the Villas,
and they really enjoyed it too.
Remember, we have all paid for the villa renovations. Who screwed up that deal?
We pay dues for this

Ellijay, GA

#7668 Jan 30, 2013
For those who wonder why so many derogatory comments are made about the Coosawattee River Resort, here’s a fine example:

Today’s local Ellijay newspaper had a front page article about a meth bust in the CRR Eagle Mountain Campgrounds. Congratulations to Gilmer Sheriff’s Department, Drug Task Force and anyone else who helped achieve this cleansing event. Well done!

The same article had a quote from CRR’s illustrious Public Safety Director saying she was unaware of any such complaints. OMG!!! In the same article a nearby owner was quoted as saying she had made numerous complaints regarding the distribution of meth. The statement of the Public Safety Director does not appear to be credible.

I have lived here for 11 years and the meth problem in the Campgrounds isn’t exactly a secret. The problem with the use, dealing and manufacturing of meth in the Campgrounds is extraordinarily well known and has been so for many years. Fact is the Public Safety Director has also known about it.

The statements of the Public Safety Director appear to either be outright lies or indicative of a person so out of touch or uncaring about the public safety of owners that she is obviously unqualified to be in charge of Public Safety. The complaints about the Public Safety Department over the years are voluminous and regular.

Yet this Public Safety Director is personally protected by the equally ineffective General Manager who to this day, will not let even members of the Board of Directors know the salary of the Public Safety Director.

Did the newspaper article make CRR look stupid? YES. Is it time for some house cleaning at the top in CRR? YES.

Somehow, some way, a few in positions of power will inevitably blame the owners but that attitude and a never ending stream asinine statements and lies are what we have come to expect in CRR.

Hopefully the new & improved Board of Directors will take the safety of owners a bit more seriously. Let us pray. AMEN.
Worthy News

Roswell, GA

#7669 Jan 30, 2013
We pay dues for this wrote:
For those who wonder why so many derogatory comments are made about the Coosawattee River Resort, here’s a fine example:
Today’s local Ellijay newspaper had a front page article about a meth bust in the CRR Eagle Mountain Campgrounds. Congratulations to Gilmer Sheriff’s Department, Drug Task Force and anyone else who helped achieve this cleansing event. Well done!
The same article had a quote from CRR’s illustrious Public Safety Director saying she was unaware of any such complaints. OMG!!! In the same article a nearby owner was quoted as saying she had made numerous complaints regarding the distribution of meth. The statement of the Public Safety Director does not appear to be credible.
I have lived here for 11 years and the meth problem in the Campgrounds isn’t exactly a secret. The problem with the use, dealing and manufacturing of meth in the Campgrounds is extraordinarily well known and has been so for many years. Fact is the Public Safety Director has also known about it.
The statements of the Public Safety Director appear to either be outright lies or indicative of a person so out of touch or uncaring about the public safety of owners that she is obviously unqualified to be in charge of Public Safety. The complaints about the Public Safety Department over the years are voluminous and regular.
Yet this Public Safety Director is personally protected by the equally ineffective General Manager who to this day, will not let even members of the Board of Directors know the salary of the Public Safety Director.
Did the newspaper article make CRR look stupid? YES. Is it time for some house cleaning at the top in CRR? YES.
Somehow, some way, a few in positions of power will inevitably blame the owners but that attitude and a never ending stream asinine statements and lies are what we have come to expect in CRR.
Hopefully the new & improved Board of Directors will take the safety of owners a bit more seriously. Let us pray. AMEN.
Let's not forget the company car.
todo42

Ellijay, GA

#7670 Jan 30, 2013
I couldn't agree more with you, We pay dues for this, Thank You for posting your thoughts. The more people speak up about wrongdoings they see around them, the brighter our future.

Corruption is when no one speaks up and just observes the crime around them because its another 'class' of people.

There is an revolution of consciousnesses happening, people are becoming aware, waking up. Time to make a move... Brighten the Future...
Love CRRA

Cumming, GA

#7671 Jan 31, 2013
The Board has its limit of control. Even Sugar Loafe in Atlanta (most homes over $1 Million) had a house with a drug ring and another was a prostitution house. A subdivision as big as CRRA has its bad apples. But we have a lot of GOOD and nice people living here full time, good and nice people that own that only stay a few weeks a year. and some good people that just own lots.
Do not throw out the baby with the dirty was water.(i think that is the saying)
seriously

Brandon, FL

#7672 Jan 31, 2013
It is not about throwing out the baby with the dirty laundry, this community is wanting to save the baby and that is why some speak up.

It is all about not coming to terms with negative situations that are in this subdivision. All anyone wants is for our rules to enforced and dealt with and the board to fiscally responsible with our finances so we can live in peace and harmony. We are tired of being condemned when these type of situations are brought to the attention of the community. I want to personally THANK CATLADY for starting this forum. Catlady DO NOT let people intimidate you to shut this forum down just because some are rude and threatening. For the most part it gave many a voice who had no voice. Her intentions were to make people aware that there are problems that need to be dealt with and holding hands around the campfire and singing kum bay ya is not going to get us anywhere.

Someone mentioned revolution, I don't think so but EVOLUTION yes. This community is evolving. We are tired of the status quo and it is showing.

Many good people have sold out and moved on because of what wasn't being done, hopefully some of those good people will come back and reinvest in the community that they fell in love with back in the day. I know I will consider it again, when I see the banners flying at each gate that says under new management and some of the old self serving board members who condemn people for speaking out are off the board.

Kudos to the new board members for stepping up to the plate. You have been only on for a few months and we can see your impact. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, THE EYES OF THE COMMUNITY AND THE EYES OF ALL WHO READ THIS FORUM ARE ON YOU AND WE LIKE WHAT WE SEE!
Down and Out in CRR

Ellijay, GA

#7673 Jan 31, 2013
Love CRRA wrote:
A subdivision as big as CRRA has its bad apples.
The rot of a few bad apples eventually spreads to the entire bushel.
The White Raven

Ellijay, GA

#7674 Jan 31, 2013
Please be Responsible

Birmingham, AL

* I was in a conversation with a local builder. He was emphatic CRRs biggest problem is with our horrible image as portrayed on Topix. His company employing a decent workforce has lost at least three new construction jobs recently in CRR because the prospective owner read this blog.

Please exercise your God given intelligence and shut this down. The same builder said there is good building activity in Fannin and the continued garbage on here will delay any economic improvement considerably.

+ There is no real need to shut down this blog/board/thread. For it to be, and always remain, the top rated and most active thread/page of the "Ellijay Spotlight' is, potentially, a great asset to the CRR and the members of the CRR. Buying this kind of thing as advertising/publicity would probably cost more than the CRR and its members would be willing to pay. Even as a goose will have its droppings it may also, if properly tended, lay golden eggs. The issue is how this, now seemingly famous or in-famous[depending on your point of view]blog is used/managed. I do not want to be held responsible for doing what needs to be done; however; if any of you can guess what I'm getting at I see no problem in saying that you're right. Since there seems to be nobody willing to take this 'bait', I should add that some of you should get together and be willing to act as a group. A group of 20 or more CRR members would probably be more than enough, but having even more in the group would also be fine. The leader of this type of group usually doesn't mind the publicity and should expect public scrutiny.

At least two changes, three if you count the other board, need to happen, and then there are some other changes that are needed, but most of those would happen, in time, in the natural course of events. Of course the moderator can influence the conduct and the discussion here in various ways, but then I have also seen many blogs ruined by what really turned into heavy-handed censorship. What's wild is usually also free, so doing too much to put out the fire can kill off the thing of value about the thread. When the masses come to believe a forum isn't really open and is also heavily censored then that usually spells the beginning of the end.

Members of the administration at CRR posting here, by name, wouldn't be a bad thing to see either - after some of the changes I have mentioned take place. Most leaders welcome the opportunity to occasionally be in the spotlight, and know how to use these opportunities.

I should expect a correct guess straight away or soon, about the above, so I will wait to see that before I make any further comment.

But as to what this intelligent person from Alabama{West Georgia} said about 'image'... Easily your preacher could base a Sunday sermon on Proverbs 22:1. A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. But also, unfortunately, there is the
saying that, when a man has once gained a (bad)reputation not even with God's help can he get rid of it.

Woe to me should I seem to 'pontificate', but suffice to say your image and/or reputation are things to be 'managed', in the normal course of business, with an importance equal to or greater than your credit rating. Good managers know this instinctively, and large corporations will often defend themselves against even a suggestion of wrong doing or unfairness.
watching you

Ellijay, GA

#7675 Jan 31, 2013
I’m trying to understand the need for these long and drawn out posts of yours. Are you a frustrated story writer for some news paper? Or a misunderstood teacher? You should be writing books, with your gift of word! Actually, you are wearing a bit thin...
MBS695

San Jose, CA

#7676 Jan 31, 2013
Agree with that 100%. I bet most owners don't know that CRRA spends more than twice as much on a worthless public safety dept. than CRRA spends on amenities. Am I the only one who thinks that is a ridiculous set of priorities? I would relish comments on point) from other owners about this concept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Ridge Topix crossover to Ellijay 19 hr no re-read those 4
Good riddance Sat Finally 1
rusty beamon (Apr '14) Fri Santa 19
gay cruising at 515 scenic overlook (Aug '12) Dec 26 xjoe 93
What's going on tonight on Roy Rd? Dec 24 Ga Girl 56 7
Ellijay hospital diversion Dec 24 Ga Girl 56 3
20$ to who ever posts the identity of ga girl 56 Dec 24 Ga Girl 56 3

Ellijay News Video

Ellijay Dating
Find my Match