Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Ellenwood, GA

#6155 Sep 16, 2012
Richard wrote:
A roofcap will not jeopardize the structure of a camper if properly built.
thank you. someone that has sense.
Told You So

United States

#6156 Sep 16, 2012
Maybe you are just a little smarter than some but what makes you think others will even care? You're going to have crap going up on top of campers that you've never expected. Probably put Mr. Alverson's boys out of business as no need to hire someone to build the roofcap - DIY. CRR doesn't have anyone who knows anything about construction guidelines, that's why they decided to call it a repair. Just wait and be careful who you call stupid, the biteback hurts.
Crazy Cat Lady 15000 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so stupid. i asked alot of questions while mine was built and i had a responsible builder that wasnt about to let me know that there MAY be risks as any builder should do. i didnt do this blindly and i have no fear about my roof falling on my head. my rv is structurally sound and can handle the additional weight. i was making the comment for those that have a very old camper. there are risks in anything you do. but then you are a moron and think there are none. good luck next time you have to have surgery or did you not understand there is a risk in that too or have you had surgery and they messed up your lobotomy?
Comin in Fast

Ellijay, GA

#6157 Sep 16, 2012
Richard wrote:
A roofcap will not jeopardize the structure of a camper if properly built.
This is one of the stupidest comments yet!!! So lets call Bob Vila to build them!! I bet in 2 years the campground will be worse than bangladesh
Richard

United States

#6159 Sep 16, 2012
Comin in Fast wrote:
<quoted text>This is one of the stupidest comments yet!!! So lets call Bob Vila to build them!! I bet in 2 years the campground will be worse than bangladesh
....And I typically regard people who use the word 'stupidest' as having a high level of intelligence.
BettyR

Ellijay, GA

#6160 Sep 16, 2012
Tony's Diner (at Green's Country Store)

I just picked up a lunch there. The Sunday special today is pork tenderloin, 3 sides and a drink for $7.[I also got squash casserole, green beans and mac 'n cheese). It is all delicious. They have peach cobbler today too.

Today if you have your CRR card with you it is another 10% off.

I don't think their business has been too great so I wanted to do this post to try to help them.
Comin in Fast

Ellijay, GA

#6161 Sep 16, 2012
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>....And I typically regard people who use the word 'stupidest' as having a high level of intelligence.
You're right Richard, it should have been most stupid, but you're a dillweed for even thinking roof caps are the proper way to repair an RV roof!!
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Ellenwood, GA

#6162 Sep 16, 2012
i put your "proper way to repair a roof" and it was warranteed for 10 years but only lasted 18 months and for a high dollar epdm roof it should of been better than that. i spent over 2k for my roof and its not some shoddy pos that turnbull says you can get them built for $800. that was my way of repairing and havent had a leak or problem since, so keep your yap shut as you dont know what you are talking about
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Ellenwood, GA

#6163 Sep 16, 2012
ok we can drop the roof cap debate. face it you lost and we won. so get your panties out of a wad and now lets go on to more serious issues that need to be dealt with
Told You So

Gay, GA

#6164 Sep 16, 2012
You just keep digging.....what makes you think campground folk are gonna care, they're gonna throw up any kind of crap they want and call it a roofcap. Why would they spend $2K when they can get a pos for $800 or just use the trash scrap in their yard.
i put your "proper way to repair a roof" and it was warranteed for 10 years but only lasted 18 months and for a high dollar epdm roof it should of been better than that. i spent over 2k for my roof and its not some shoddy pos that turnbull says you can get them built for $800. that was my way of repairing and havent had a leak or problem since, so keep your yap shut as you dont know what you are talking about
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Ellenwood, GA

#6165 Sep 16, 2012
so does anyone have any ideas that we can discuss about cleaning up the campground? what can we do about the ones that have been here for ages? if the bod can foeclose on them why dont they and what can we do to help?
Karma is Kute

Warrior, AL

#6166 Sep 16, 2012
ok we can drop the roof cap debate. face it you lost and we won. so get your panties out of a wad and now lets go on to more serious issues that need to be dealt with
PNC,
I didn't know those ugly roof caps was a WIN or LOSE debate. I thought everyone would vote in the best interest of all the campground ownership and investments for the future, not just the selfishness of their own wants and interests. Poor you all too think it is yous' against the rest.
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Ellenwood, GA

#6167 Sep 16, 2012
they did vote in the best interest and it was passed, now do you have a suggestion on wahat we can do to improve our area or not?
Comin in Fast

Ellijay, GA

#6168 Sep 16, 2012
So when was the last time you moved your RV? Oh wait, you canít move it.

I wonder why the RV industry never thought of putting roof caps instead of rubber roofs on their RVís? Maybe because they were only intended to be used for camping and not permanent living quarters. I wonder if CRR will be changing the name from camp ground to shanty town?

Hey, why not Crazy Cat Camps Are Us!!!
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Ellenwood, GA

#6169 Sep 16, 2012
they do make rvs with a pitched roof. they are called park models and the run anywhere from 16k on up. very nice btw
Crazy Cat Lady 15000

Ellenwood, GA

#6170 Sep 16, 2012
mine has never been moved. i bought it in 2007 and it was placed here when it was brand new in 2000 by the previous owner and i have no plans on moving it either
Karma is Kute

Warrior, AL

#6171 Sep 16, 2012
they did vote in the best interest and it was passed, now do you have a suggestion on wahat we can do to improve our area or not?
PNC,

Nah, not the best interest of all EMC. suggestion, better looking roof caps that can make the area not attrack "unlikeables" that bring the property value down and give it the name it has now....Coo Slums. You don't mind when they come to my home that I give them your address for the rides for cigarettes, beer, and such. Because roof caps like on 10th street are not "eye candy" to appropriate investors EMC needs, just slum lords we don't need. You have the best of the roof caps that we have seen; maybe use your roof cap as the pattern of close perfection for those who wish to build roof caps now. It looks homey and doesn't look like crap; even though it is a roof cap; unlike a true house roof on a camper - CHEAP FIX..
Kim Chee

Seoul, Korea

#6172 Sep 16, 2012
Great things happened yesterday and so did some disturbing thigs.
Queen Susan I mumbled something about holding meetings with no owers present. Mayhaps a few of the lucid Directors can convince Her Majesty to get off her throne and high horse before going down a dead end road.

Villas Director, Llyod Hiroaka asked Albertson of EMC if he owned a business that sells roof caps. That was a rumor started by R,R & J that first surfaced on Topix a few weeks ago and yet a Director brings it up at a board meeting. After that rumor was put to bed, Hiroaka still voted against roof caps. No problem, maybe the Directors from EMC and the housing divisions can cut $100k out of the Villas budget next time that little twirp pulls a stunt like that.
EMCPTR

Frostproof, FL

#6173 Sep 16, 2012
FYI the board does not have to hold "open" meetings, period. Witnessing the rudeness of many in the audience especially the woman who continued to video after the lawyer said NO was evidence of good reason to keep them closed. The owners were shortchanged to accommodate the demise of the campgrounds to the slums of GC. We will be reconsidering our future in EMC over the winter. Sad they are going to try to sell next winter @ the RV show in Tampa. Better luck putting signs up @ the county jails and near all the rehab joints.
We have visited some quality mountain RV resorts in the mtns expecting the board to cave to this.
One place has over 450 deeded sites, rural wooded sites and 5 properties are delinqunet. No "gabled roofs" and no sites with tarp roofs and trash piled high.
Sad day for those of us who wanted to believe in the future of the campground.
seriously

Seffner, FL

#6174 Sep 16, 2012
EMCPTR wrote:
FYI the board does not have to hold "open" meetings, period. Witnessing the rudeness of many in the audience especially the woman who continued to video after the lawyer said NO was evidence of good reason to keep them closed. The owners were shortchanged to accommodate the demise of the campgrounds to the slums of GC. We will be reconsidering our future in EMC over the winter. Sad they are going to try to sell next winter @ the RV show in Tampa. Better luck putting signs up @ the county jails and near all the rehab joints.
We have visited some quality mountain RV resorts in the mtns expecting the board to cave to this.
One place has over 450 deeded sites, rural wooded sites and 5 properties are delinqunet. No "gabled roofs" and no sites with tarp roofs and trash piled high.
Sad day for those of us who wanted to believe in the future of the campground.
Is Raymond still running for the EMC seat? God help us all, if the first street crowd get's this upset over loosing the roof cap debate can you imagine what we will all have to go through next month.
Thumper

Canton, GA

#6175 Sep 16, 2012
Ttime for new blood, stuck with the bod but 3rd party management would be a fresh approach, someone who knows how to run the place. David needs to go along with others, not for CRR, only for themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gilmer teachers 11 hr Wow 2
News Three Northwest Georgians Convicted of Operatin... 14 hr Huh 2
Jason Kouns named Principle of Elbert County Hi... Sat Crazy ppl 10
Here goes the BOE again interim sup to be named... May 1 beenwatchingthese... 61
telephone company options? May 1 new adventure 1
Seeking advice / Rodgers Creek area? (Apr '14) Apr 28 ProLifeGal62 13
Internet Service in Ellijay Apr 28 mountainmommy 2
More from around the web

Ellijay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]