Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off ...
Coo Coo Watte

Ellijay, GA

#4356 Jun 8, 2012
Now that two board members Richard Turnbull and Don Murray have set the standard of behavior, are we the owners now allowed to attend board meetings and call board members and committee chairs liars, thieves, b*tches, a**holes, s**mbags? If the BOD does nothing about these events I will take that as a YES.
seriously

Mango, FL

#4357 Jun 9, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve,
Replatting was a heated topic, and was eventually defeated in a BOD vote.
There is a possibility the issue will resurface.The issue is intertwined with a large land owner that is currently delinquent on dues and in bankruptcy.
Stand by !
And if replatting resurfaces we should have a tiered dues plan in place that is based on lot size, the plan that they are wanting us to vote on will not cover us if Flint Timber wins lawsuit. The tiered dues committee is standing firm as of date with their current plan even though there have been several outspoken individuals against the plan they presented.
fed up

Ellijay, GA

#4358 Jun 9, 2012
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
And if replatting resurfaces we should have a tiered dues plan in place that is based on lot size, the plan that they are wanting us to vote on will not cover us if Flint Timber wins lawsuit. The tiered dues committee is standing firm as of date with their current plan even though there have been several outspoken individuals against the plan they presented.
Shut up Don, haven't you done enough damage in CRR.
seriously

Mango, FL

#4359 Jun 9, 2012
Coo Coo Watte wrote:
Now that two board members Richard Turnbull and Don Murray have set the standard of behavior, are we the owners now allowed to attend board meetings and call board members and committee chairs liars, thieves, b*tches, a**holes, s**mbags? If the BOD does nothing about these events I will take that as a YES.
No we aren't allowed to go to the board meetings and call them names nor would we do that, by the way you forgot whiners and complainers.
seriously

Mango, FL

#4360 Jun 9, 2012
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hopefully at the next board meeting June 16th, they will just table the tier dues plan. I hope everyone shows up and voices their opinion. Coosawattee is tired and they just want to be able to enjoy their little piece of paradise without having to worry about what is going to slap them in the face next. Elections are coming up soon and we will have a chance to vote. It is time we stand up as a community and not vote the individuals back in that bring disrespect to this community and to it's members. We all know who they are. Be responsible voters, get to know who is running, if we don't think they can get this community united again then just "write in" someone on the ballot that will. But for God's sake don't vote anyone back in office that will bring shame to the board members that are concerned with CRR and the members of this wonderful community.
CRROwner

Stockbridge, GA

#4361 Jun 9, 2012
seriously wrote: I love spending time in CRR and if you don't pay attention to the message boards, you really don't know there is any fuss in CRR.

So very true! IMHO, this is all being blown waaay out of proportion.

I am opposed to tiered dues and will vote "no," but even if tiered dues passes, it won't be the end of the world, at least for me.

Make sure you VOTE in the upcoming BOD election. Don't just get on here and b*tch and moan.
Devon

Wynne, AR

#4362 Jun 9, 2012
I recently bought a home in CRR. I could not be happier. I just wish I had more weekends to spend there. I really don't get all the complaining or issues. Come to Florida if you want to see HOA issues!
Devon

Wynne, AR

#4363 Jun 9, 2012
I also read all the BS on here and decided to visit for myself. I'm glad I did. CRR is beautiful, the amenities are great and makes for a relaxing and quiet getaway. And as far as the dues go, well it is a real bargain for all that you get. Really hoping to be up there the week of the fourth.
Devon

Wynne, AR

#4364 Jun 9, 2012
Janeen. I read on a post that you started this group. Have you ever considered having it closed down to stop all of this nonsense?
Really

Fort Myers, FL

#4365 Jun 9, 2012
Devon wrote:
I recently bought a home in CRR. I could not be happier. I just wish I had more weekends to spend there. I really don't get all the complaining or issues. Come to Florida if you want to see HOA issues!
Devon where do you live in Florida. Yes the HOA fees are more but I get my lawn mowed, landscape replaced, exterior maintained along with the pools tennis courts etc.
Devon

Wynne, AR

#4366 Jun 9, 2012
I'm in the Daytona area. Coosawattee is a steal!
Steve

Lady Lake, FL

#4367 Jun 9, 2012
Devon wrote:
So how long have you owned property in crr?
Your Mama

San Jose, CA

#4368 Jun 9, 2012
If all you want to do is post a stream of junk from remote locations to bury the real issues, the local newspaper might be the last esort but the only remaining way to go. You and the 17 board members who have not the guts to stop you will just have to read about it. Congrats!
Really

Fort Myers, FL

#4369 Jun 9, 2012
Devon wrote:
Devon

Please make up your mine. Here is a quote from another thread on on Topix regarding the campground.

"I have definitely seen improvement in the several years I have owned there. I love it there too! "

So which is it recently or several years?
Really

Fort Myers, FL

#4370 Jun 9, 2012
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
So how long have you owned property in crr?
Steve be careful as it looks like this guy did a post using your name on another thread. What gave him away is it says West Point GA under the name Steve.

He also said he is in Daytona. Now I know it goes by IP address and it can be of but I don't think an entire state. Could be wrong on that
Pluto

Verbena, AL

#4371 Jun 9, 2012
From what I heard at a party, the dame a board member called a b*tch deserved it. These people on the board are not required to play dead and take everyone's crap, and since it was put out there by another person and was not meant to be publix, whats up with the complaints. Lots worse things than being called a female dog. arf
Intersting

Fort Myers, FL

#4372 Jun 9, 2012
Pluto wrote:
From what I heard at a party, the dame a board member called a b*tch deserved it. These people on the board are not required to play dead and take everyone's crap, and since it was put out there by another person and was not meant to be publix, whats up with the complaints. Lots worse things than being called a female dog. arf
So if someone called you a b@@@@ or your wife you would not have an issue with it? Even if that person thought you deserbed it?
how about if someone called the board member a derogatory name for a gay person would that be OK?

Just wondering when it became ok to ever email, write,or phone and call a person something like that?
Steve

Lady Lake, FL

#4373 Jun 9, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Steve be careful as it looks like this guy did a post using your name on another thread. What gave him away is it says West Point GA under the name Steve.
He also said he is in Daytona. Now I know it goes by IP address and it can be of but I don't think an entire state. Could be wrong on that
Yeah I seen that too thats why the question.
Bartsmama405

United States

#4374 Jun 10, 2012
Devon wrote:
Janeen. I read on a post that you started this group. Have you ever considered having it closed down to stop all of this nonsense?
no i wont do that. there are issues with crr and we need to be able to voice those thoughts or opinions without being censored or moderated.
Jim

Ellijay, GA

#4375 Jun 10, 2012
CRROwner wrote:
seriously wrote: I love spending time in CRR and if you don't pay attention to the message boards, you really don't know there is any fuss in CRR.
So very true! IMHO, this is all being blown waaay out of proportion.
I am opposed to tiered dues and will vote "no," but even if tiered dues passes, it won't be the end of the world, at least for me.
Make sure you VOTE in the upcoming BOD election. Don't just get on here and b*tch and moan.
Well said, my thoughts exactly!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Cinema Complex in East Ellijay (Nov '09) 14 min Girl22 21
Big Creek Murder 2 hr Deplorable 1
Gilmer BOE budget... Wed BeAnExampleWithMoney 47
Ed Singleton/Singleton Foods getting sued Jul 17 sandko 5
The Return Of Ten Bears Jul 16 Gilmersucks 6
Venus Car Accident Farce Jul 14 A Simple Mind 1
Another big cat sighting (Mar '12) Jul 12 STFU 66

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance