bobby lue

Ellijay, GA

#3872 Dec 30, 2011
Donna wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard from another board member that Board Member, Richard Turnbull, has been experiencing BOD President's wrath simply because Richard is gay. Unfortunately, the rest of the wimpy BOD has neither the courage or decency to stand up to the big bully and only excels at finding new ways to get CRRA sued and lose. Way to go BOD! Take another $100,000 out of the treasury, as a Christmas bonus, to celebrate your wisdom.
Richard cries "WOLF" all the time.
I have been to the Board Meetings, Richard claim its a "Personal Attack" if anyone does not agree with him. He often puts down the people in the Campground and in CRRA.
Queer

Ellijay, GA

#3873 Dec 30, 2011
bobby lue wrote:
<quoted text>
Richard cries "WOLF" all the time.
I have been to the Board Meetings, Richard claim its a "Personal Attack" if anyone does not agree with him. He often puts down the people in the Campground and in CRRA.
STFU Don
Big Blue Dog

Cumming, GA

#3874 Jan 4, 2012
I heard that CRRA had a Brush fire near the River.

everything ok?
Byrd

Ellijay, GA

#3875 Jan 18, 2012
Replatting, Round 5

Flint Timber is at it again (from the Coosawattee blog site)

"I apologize to those of you who are not owners.

As some of you may know, in the last year three attempts by Flint Timber to force replatting were barely turned down by the Coosawattee Board of Directors, on the SECOND reading, because many of us showed up to speak against it once we found out about it.

Replatting would save Flint tens of 1,000's of $ per year in assessment fees, and would raise our dues at least $80 per year forever. They could
actually drag us down into bankruptcy with them.

At the least, this would severely impact our ability to provide services and maintain the
amenities. Despite this, the current Chair of the BOD was the one who brought it to the BOD two more times after it had been turned down the first time.

Thanks to some behind -the- scenes political maneuverings the BOD is on the verge of becoming a pro-replatting majority.

In Bankruptcy Court, Flint has just filed a motion with the Trustee asking that it be allowed to spend money that it already owes us (over $80,000 in back dues) and other creditors (over $1 million total) to sue us to force replatting and do
away with the transfer fee paid by a buyer when a property is sold.

They also requested in the same filing that they not be required to notify the CRRA of this request! A group of us have been following this matter since it was brought to the BOD the third time by the current Chair with virtually no notice.
We have been told that the BOD hasn't decided to make this public knowledge at the next meeting this Sat.

If the BOD does not oppose Flint Timber's filing, the Bankruptcy Judge could allow them the $ to sue us. Given the current composition of the BOD, they could use this as an excuse to replat, although we carry enough insurance so that a countersuit by our insurance company would cost us virtually
nothing. This BOD has continually kept us uninformed by dealing with this matter in Executive Session. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THIS, COME TO THE BOD MEETING TO AT LEAST SHOW SUPPORT FOR THOSE OF US WHO WILL SPEAK OUT AGAINST
THIS."

The President of the BOD is STILL hell-bent on ramming replatting through despite its negative effects on CRRA's finances. One must question his motive$.

The BOD resident is up for reelection this year and the solution is obvious, vote him out of office. Unfortunately that will not happen since the elections in CRR are rigged. CRRA is not an elected democracy, it's a corrupt dictatorship where words and suggestions from owners are dismissed without thought.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3876 Jan 20, 2012
Byrd wrote:
Replatting, Round 5
As some of you may know, in the last year three attempts by Flint Timber to force replatting were barely turned down by the Coosawattee Board of Directors, on the SECOND reading, because many of us showed up to speak against it once we found out about it.
Replatting would save Flint tens of 1,000's of $ per year in assessment fees, and would raise our dues at least $80 per year forever. They could
At the least, this would severely impact our ability to provide services and maintain the
amenities. Despite this, the current Chair of the BOD was the one who brought it to the BOD two more times after it had been turned down the first time.
Thanks to some behind -the- scenes political maneuverings the BOD is on the verge of becoming a pro-replatting majority.
In Bankruptcy Court, Flint has just filed a motion with the Trustee asking that it be allowed to spend money that it already owes us (over $80,000 in back dues) and other creditors (over $1 million total) to sue us to force replatting and do
They also requested in the same filing that they not be required to notify the CRRA of this request! A group of us have been following this matter since it was brought to the BOD the third time by the current Chair with virtually no notice.
We have been told that the BOD hasn't decided to make this public knowledge at the next meeting this Sat.
If the BOD does not oppose Flint Timber's filing, the Bankruptcy Judge could allow them the $ to sue us. Given the current composition of the BOD, they could use this as an excuse to replat, although we carry enough insurance so that a countersuit by our insurance company would cost us virtually
nothing. This BOD has continually kept us uninformed by dealing with this matter in Executive Session. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THIS, COME TO THE BOD MEETING TO AT LEAST SHOW SUPPORT FOR THOSE OF US WHO WILL SPEAK OUT AGAINST
THIS."
The President of the BOD is STILL hell-bent on ramming replatting through despite its negative effects on CRRA's finances. One must question his motive$.
The BOD resident is up for reelection this year and the solution is obvious, vote him out of office. Unfortunately that will not happen since the elections in CRR are rigged. CRRA is not an elected democracy, it's a corrupt dictatorship where words and suggestions from owners are dismissed without thought.
as a concerned owner in Coosawattee, what do you suggest we do. It is obvious that the undercurrent of hidden agendas is prevalent in here. I work 6 days a week and can't get to the meeting which is TOMMORROW. I was reading the agenda and they are looking for committee volunteers..........please, We need to dilute those committees with someone with different views other than their own, PLEASE go to the meeting sign up for a committee and help this community go forward. YOU, YOU and YOU will help make the change.
SAK

Ellijay, GA

#3877 Jan 21, 2012
Those are valid points. At first I was curious as to why there were so many vacancies on the various committees, only to learn that many good owners refuse to serve under the current Board President.

Also, there is an opening for a BOD seat in Beaver Bend. Who resigned? Was it that Flint Timber lady?
SAK

Ellijay, GA

#3878 Jan 21, 2012
Byrd wrote:
Replatting, Round 5
THIS."
If the CRRA BOD caves in to Flint Timber's threats and allows replatting I sincerely hope a class action lawsuit emerges. I would join that lawsuit in a heartbeat and know many other owners who will also join such a suit.

PERSPECTIVE BUYERS...
The Coosawattee River Resort is corrupt.
Let the buyer beware!

Location hidden

#3879 Jan 21, 2012
i can't understand why someone who owns in CRR would tell other people to beware. We need more newcomers in here to possibly run for the board and get on committees so the "corrupt"ones in here can move on. You act like every single board member is corrupt.....i sincerely doubt that. All in all it is a good place to live and is wide open for change. If you are NOT part of the solution then you are part of the problem. Stop pissin where you eat!

Location hidden

#3880 Jan 21, 2012
SAK wrote:
Those are valid points. At first I was curious as to why there were so many vacancies on the various committees, only to learn that many good owners refuse to serve under the current Board President.
Also, there is an opening for a BOD seat in Beaver Bend. Who resigned? Was it that Flint Timber lady?
It was Ron Bowman

Location hidden

#3881 Jan 21, 2012
Byrd wrote:
Replatting, Round 5
THIS."
I hope that if they ram re-platting down our throats they go to a tiered due system ahead of time based on the size of the lots. That way when they want to put three lots together they are charged a hefty amount per year because of the size of lot.
Big Blue Dog

Cumming, GA

#3882 Jan 22, 2012
someone told me that Flint had made a statement that they had 100 lots that need to be combined to 50 or the lots would be worthless.

have they paid dues in the past on those lots?

how long has flint been an owner in CRRA.? I heard they have paid over $2 Million in dues????

We gave the Villa owners a 75% break but we should not give the vacant lot owner any breaks.

Vacant owners (like Flint) do not live in here and we should just take their money.

buggman

Ellijay, GA

#3883 Jan 23, 2012
Budget meeting at CRRA this weekend.

I wonder if they are going Budget to Spend another $350,000 on the Villas??

How much money has already been Wasted on those Villas?
CRR Owner

Statesville, NC

#3884 Jan 27, 2012
Popular opinion has it that owners will have to sue the board and manager of the assoc. over conflict of interest and having an unqualifed member on the board to stop the mess. IMHO Don Murray is a crook and is working to help Flint Timber and himself and Ron Bowman has an employee on the board to help shaft the owners. Mrs Burelle was awarded a lot by Flint timber so that she could run for the board. But, they did this after they had already filed for bankrupcy. So it seems that they should not have been able to do anything with that lot.
disgusted with CRR

Ellijay, GA

#3885 Jan 28, 2012
"Byrd" did a great job writing the following up (it's several posts above) but here is a concise version.

Flint Timber has not paid their dues of about $350,000. Flint has recently asked the bankruptcy court if they can use $80,000 of the money they owe CRR to sue CRR for not allowing replatting.

The CRR Board of Directors chose to discuss this matter in executive session which tends to make sense. The Board President, Don Murray, also chose to have the Board vote on this matter (how to respond to Flint Timber's petition in bankruptcy court) in executive session.

A property owner formally requested that the vote be made public, stating which Board Members voted for or against Flint Timber's ridiculous demand. Many other owners agreed with that reasonable request.

Don Murray then informed the owner there would be no such revealing on how individual Board Members voted even though it involves $80,000 of property owner money and yet another lawsuit.

This is a cover up, plain and simple and one can easily surmise that there may be some other funds floating around.

Board Member Jessica Burrell is an employee of Flint Timber and has absolutely no business voting on this matter but we will never know because Don Murray has chosen to run CRR in a secretive and corrupt manner.

Burrell and Murray should be removed from the Board. Too bad that the other Board Members lack the courage and integrity to confront this situation.
rob

Palm Bay, FL

#3886 Jan 28, 2012
disgusted with CRR wrote:
"Byrd" did a great job writing the following up (it's several posts above) but here is a concise version.
Flint Timber has not paid their dues of about $350,000. Flint has recently asked the bankruptcy court if they can use $80,000 of the money they owe CRR to sue CRR for not allowing replatting.
The CRR Board of Directors chose to discuss this matter in executive session which tends to make sense. The Board President, Don Murray, also chose to have the Board vote on this matter (how to respond to Flint Timber's petition in bankruptcy court) in executive session.
A property owner formally requested that the vote be made public, stating which Board Members voted for or against Flint Timber's ridiculous demand. Many other owners agreed with that reasonable request.
Don Murray then informed the owner there would be no such revealing on how individual Board Members voted even though it involves $80,000 of property owner money and yet another lawsuit.
This is a cover up, plain and simple and one can easily surmise that there may be some other funds floating around.
Board Member Jessica Burrell is an employee of Flint Timber and has absolutely no business voting on this matter but we will never know because Don Murray has chosen to run CRR in a secretive and corrupt manner.
Burrell and Murray should be removed from the Board. Too bad that the other Board Members lack the courage and integrity to confront this situation.
Bear in mind that Murray and Ron Bowman are friends and I am sure that plays into all this as did some of the prior elections involving Bowman using Flint Timbers voting power.
disgusted with CRR

Ellijay, GA

#3887 Jan 28, 2012
rob wrote:
<quoted text> Bear in mind that Murray and Ron Bowman are friends and I am sure that plays into all this as did some of the prior elections involving Bowman using Flint Timbers voting power.
Thank you, I already know that. Did you know that just last week there was a big meeting at Flint Timber HQ (right outside the main gate) and some of the vehicles there were those of board members? Now what does that tell you? I am beginning to believe we have board members on the take.
Hermans Mama

Ellijay, GA

#3888 Jan 28, 2012
disgusted with CRR wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I already know that. Did you know that just last week there was a big meeting at Flint Timber HQ (right outside the main gate) and some of the vehicles there were those of board members? Now what does that tell you? I am beginning to believe we have board members on the take.
"BEGINNING?" You are just now beginning to believe the board members are in cohoots and stand to gain and do gain personally???? You must be new. Momma says, if it stinks like #$%$ then it must be #$%$!
LemmonPie

Valley, AL

#3889 Jan 29, 2012
Ya'all are over the top. I bet you think the world is coming to an end this year too? While you people could be putting your efforts towards being part of the solution, you would rather use a public arena to spite yoursellves. Not overly brilliant. You are costing youselves (and me) more money in lost sales than you would have ever had to pay out if you had decided to learn how replat might just make sense. You are so concerned someone might get something you don't, you can't see beyond that. This place is wonderful even if the dues go to 1K a year. Conspiracy theorists remind me of why it helps to have a set of critical thinking skills.
B Bend

Talking Rock, GA

#3890 Jan 30, 2012
LemmonPie wrote:
Ya'all are over the top. I bet you think the world is coming to an end this year too? While you people could be putting your efforts towards being part of the solution, you would rather use a public arena to spite yoursellves. Not overly brilliant. You are costing youselves (and me) more money in lost sales than you would have ever had to pay out if you had decided to learn how replat might just make sense. You are so concerned someone might get something you don't, you can't see beyond that. This place is wonderful even if the dues go to 1K a year. Conspiracy theorists remind me of why it helps to have a set of critical thinking skills.
No doubt you are one of the pro-replatting board members. The Yahoo Coosawattee message group is filled with comments from many owners who you call conspiracy theorists and not intelligent. I've got news for you, they are good and intelligent people and most of them have expressed their dismay and disgust with conflicts of interest by board members, the secretive nature of the Don Murray led board of directors. Try posting your nonsense there and use your real name.
buggman

Ellijay, GA

#3891 Feb 1, 2012
When do the Villa owners start paying back CRRA

CRRA has spent almost $1 MILLION on the Villas.

When does this spending END

are They trying to make a slum area into the Ritz?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get out and vote!!! 12 hr Shady lady 1
Good News Cafe 12 hr Carol 2
Is the Coosawattee River Resort a dump? (Aug '11) 18 hr agent 106
Ellijay Topix taken over by vermin Sun lickingvag 11
Gilmer county Judge flips out in Waffle House Sun gr8estnana 9
what is going on in the city of ellijay Oct 17 Ellijay voter 7
Cronic Offender on Parole again Oct 17 George Shaffer 15

Ellijay News Video

Ellijay Dating
Find my Match