Amicalola EMC Complaints
Bessie Mae

Blue Ridge, GA

#62 May 26, 2011
So no wonder our light bills are so high!
rebate question

Ellijay, GA

#63 May 26, 2011
Yoy wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandfather has gotten a rebate check every year for probably 30 years. AEMC also gives out scholarships every year to local high school students, donates classrooms supplies (expensive ones) to local teachers that apply for them, and through operation round up, if you apply, they give charitable organizations funding. Doesn't sound like a greedy company to me. I see them giving away a lot of money and things and every year at the annual meeting in Jasper they do all sorts of things to show their appreciation for their customers. No company is perfect, of course, but I've certaintly heard of and dealt with worse.
Maybe there is a time frame for being a customer where these rebates are applied, I've only been an customer of theirs 8 years without seeing a rebate maybe someone can shed some light on these rebats?
Bessie Mae

Blue Ridge, GA

#64 May 26, 2011
rebate question wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe there is a time frame for being a customer where these rebates are applied, I've only been an customer of theirs 8 years without seeing a rebate maybe someone can shed some light on these rebats?
I would like to know more, too.
When my mother died a few years ago, I got a 'capital credits' check. Also, when my dad died about 10 years before that, mom got a check. It was nice and helped pay for funeral costs, but I would rather not overpay in the first place. It's my money and I'd like to do as 'I' see fit with it,not AEMC. Just my 2 cents.
Bessie Mae

Blue Ridge, GA

#65 May 26, 2011
And another thing, I just got my light bill today. It was $6 higher than the previous month. I have tried to conserve energy, I have only been using my dishwasher once a week, as opposed to daily in the past. I haven't used the A/C unless it's absolutely sweltering inside. I have hung out laundry some, too. It's very frustrating.
fyi

Cleveland, TN

#66 May 28, 2011
dishwashers use less energy than handwashing dishes with hot water. Just don't use the dry cycle.
gr8estnana

Ellijay, GA

#67 Jun 9, 2011
I'd just like someone to explain to me how a woman I met in a store in town was bragging that her electric bill for a 3 bedroom house with 2 kids living in it runs $10 (YES TEN DOLLARS) a month and my tiny house with just me & not running an a/c or heat runs right at $150 a month?????

I'm not complaining, just would like an explanation!
Bessie Mae

Ellijay, GA

#68 Jun 10, 2011
gr8estnana wrote:
I'd just like someone to explain to me how a woman I met in a store in town was bragging that her electric bill for a 3 bedroom house with 2 kids living in it runs $10 (YES TEN DOLLARS) a month and my tiny house with just me & not running an a/c or heat runs right at $150 a month?????
I just don't see how that would be possible.???
godawgs57

Ellijay, GA

#69 Jun 10, 2011
joey wrote:
we need competition.
I agree. Just like Ellijay Telephone needs competition. We do not have a choice on either of these companies. I have never had power go off as much as it has with AEMC. Sometimes the reasons are very obvious, but it can go off on a bright sunny day too! THey have held our $300 deposit for 10 years. I don't know if I will live long enough to get that back.
southernman

Mount Juliet, TN

#70 Dec 16, 2011
Angela, you need to check to see if your meter is accurate. It helps to have an amp meter to see what is being drawn and then convert to watts, wait a time period and read the meter. If your not too far away I could help you with that. If interested in more information or some help you can email me at [email protected]
Take care
Angela wrote:
I want to know how do AEMC check meters? Last month my bill was $175.00 (I live in a 2 bedroom mobile home) month before that it was $168.00, this month it's down to $97.00. I leave and come home the same time everyday, I have followed all of the "money, energy saving" tips and yet my bill changes dramatically every month.
I am a single mother whose hours dropped at work, and I cannot afford these rediculous bills (I still haven't paid the $175.00 yet). I guess we'll be left in the dark AGAIN!
egobrain

Ellijay, GA

#71 Dec 16, 2011
gr8estnana wrote:
Well I don't know. I think you have a right to complain.
But in California , the low incomers and illegals pay $2 a month, for utilities.
While my overworked friend pays nearly $300 year round.
:|
graybeard

Ellijay, GA

#72 Dec 16, 2011
egobrain wrote:
<quoted text>
But in California , the low incomers and illegals pay $2 a month, for utilities.
Seems obvious that it pays to be an illegal.
legobrain

Blue Ridge, GA

#73 Dec 16, 2011
egobrain wrote:
<quoted text>
Or it could be solar panels, wind generated power, propane heating. Maybe the 2 kids are outside or away from home very often to the point that very few lights and appliances are ever in use. Maybe the person pays so much up front like some power companies do and she meant she had to pay $10 afterwards. Maybe the lady is on a government assistance and gets help paying her utilities since no father was mentioned. Maybe by court order the father has to pay so much of the utilities. There are thousands of explanations rather than randomly attacking someone.
egobrain

Ellijay, GA

#74 Dec 17, 2011
Legobrain???? Sounds suspiciously like my name.

Who did I randomly attack?
No, it's not solar panels, or wind. It's hard working people paying their entire bills, and low income/illegals paying their 'fair share' of $2.
Do your own damn homework.

Beginning and of of story. Ain't life fair?

And stop occupying 8/9ths of my name. poser.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#75 Dec 17, 2011
Gloves are off, legobrain. I'm now official, with a proper account.

So anything I say that's stupid, ridiculous or idiotic, I own.

Did you do your homework, yet? Did you see that illegals and low incomers pay only $2 for utilities? Didja? Is this fair? Is it??
New Irate Customer

San Francisco, CA

#76 Jul 18, 2012
Bessie Mae wrote:
So no wonder our light bills are so high!
If anyone is interested infiling formal compaints follow this link:
http://crs.psc.state.ga.us/Consumer/Contact/u...
New Irate Customer

San Francisco, CA

#77 Jul 18, 2012
Formal Complaints can be filed here:
http://crs.psc.state.ga.us/Consumer/Contact/u...
Robin

Atlanta, GA

#82 Sep 13, 2012
I am moving at the end of the month..purchasing a house in Dahlonega..was told my deposit would be $350...OMG...never have paid a deposit that high before. I asked the girl on the phone...do I get any of that back after a certain period of time..answer..NO..only when the account is turned off. I know that I have always lived in a big city but I just totally think this is crazy. I think a deposit is just that..after you have paid on time for a certain period of time you should get that refunded to you. I asked for a history of the electric bill on the house..nobody has really lived in it full time for the past year so I was unable to get that information. From reading some of these comments I am a little scared..of the electric bills to come..
jackrabbit

Ellijay, GA

#83 Sep 13, 2012
Robin wrote:
I am moving at the end of the month..purchasing a house in Dahlonega..was told my deposit would be $350...OMG...never have paid a deposit that high before. I asked the girl on the phone...do I get any of that back after a certain period of time..answer..NO..only when the account is turned off. I know that I have always lived in a big city but I just totally think this is crazy. I think a deposit is just that..after you have paid on time for a certain period of time you should get that refunded to you. I asked for a history of the electric bill on the house..nobody has really lived in it full time for the past year so I was unable to get that information. From reading some of these comments I am a little scared..of the electric bills to come..
OMG!!! Your deposit is based on your credit report and from the looks of your deposit amount you must have bad credit.I have a few rental properties and I know how this works. You pay a $ 25 membership fee and a($25 processing fee(non refundable)When you discontinue your account if there is a balance on your account the deposit pays that. If there is no balance you will get refunded. You have 2 choices--1 stay where you are 2-pay
Robin

Atlanta, GA

#84 Sep 17, 2012
I just bought the house and DO NOT have bad credit. I don't think you can purchase a home these days with bad credit. I even obtained a credit letter from Georgia Power to present to them showing a perfect paying record at my previous address..She tried to tell me that the letter I recieved from Georgia Power had nothing to do with Amicalola EMC.
jackrabbit

Ellijay, GA

#85 Sep 17, 2012
Robin wrote:
I just bought the house and DO NOT have bad credit. I don't think you can purchase a home these days with bad credit. I even obtained a credit letter from Georgia Power to present to them showing a perfect paying record at my previous address..She tried to tell me that the letter I recieved from Georgia Power had nothing to do with Amicalola EMC.
She was right it doesn't have a thing to do with it. They haven't used another letter of credit for some time,just because you paid good before doesn't mean you will now?? You must have a small glitch on a credit report. You can call Experian and request a report.See if they can find out what it is.One of my renters has a high score but a small glitch showed up hence,high deposit.give the credit agency a call.can't hurt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man shot by cop in Kmart restroom dies (May '09) 3 hr Eric 40
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Fitius T Bluster 21,289
organized gang stalking (Oct '10) 7 hr HEROINBEN 77
News Murdered decade ago, Brandon, then 8, is still ... (Oct '07) 15 hr Sharon Taint 26
A Message To All TOPIX Users 19 hr Low voltage 10
Road Conditions (Jan '10) Dec 11 Rufus Is My Name 14
News Smith: Fall mountain visit leaves one pondering... Dec 8 Donald Trump 18

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellijay Mortgages