Amicalola EMC Complaints

Posted in the Ellijay Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Liz

Ellijay, GA

#1 Nov 7, 2007
I do not mean to offend anyone who may work here. I am extremely upset with this excessively greedy company. I have a major complaint that the company just refuses to help with. Does anyone know who controls Amicalola? Who I can complain to? Who over sees them? Who they answer to?
Liz

Ellijay, GA

#2 Nov 10, 2007
No one knows? Darn it. They are going to get away with it. Greedy you know whats!
mamakat

Ellijay, GA

#3 Nov 12, 2007
They aren't just greedy, they are lazy and unconcerned with the community. My neighbors were caught stealing electricity 3 times. They absolutely refuse to prosecute, despite the fact that I volunteered to testify (he bragged about it to my husband, and even showed him how to do it). Meanwhile he keeps stealing from the unsuspecting people of Ellijay. He does contracted carpentry work. He over-orders supplies, and even bought a generator with customer money. I know 2 homeowners who he's ripped off this year. The more he gets away with, the more empowered he feels. If AEMC had prosecuted him, maybe he wouldn't be theiving still.
Liz

Ellijay, GA

#4 Nov 17, 2007
I am not surprised at ALL by your story. I am sickened by this company. I have no choice who my power company is and they know it. Greedy arses!
cag

Jasper, GA

#5 Nov 27, 2007
mamakat wrote:
They aren't just greedy, they are lazy and unconcerned with the community. My neighbors were caught stealing electricity 3 times. They absolutely refuse to prosecute, despite the fact that I volunteered to testify (he bragged about it to my husband, and even showed him how to do it). Meanwhile he keeps stealing from the unsuspecting people of Ellijay. He does contracted carpentry work. He over-orders supplies, and even bought a generator with customer money. I know 2 homeowners who he's ripped off this year. The more he gets away with, the more empowered he feels. If AEMC had prosecuted him, maybe he wouldn't be theiving still.
whats this guys name i dont to use him on my house.
Business Owner

Ellijay, GA

#6 Feb 15, 2009
CEO is Charles Gibson of Ellijay. I can't imagine him allowing this to go on if he is aware. You can call him at AEMC in Jasper.
Charles Gibson

Jasper, GA

#7 Feb 17, 2009
Business Owner wrote:
CEO is Charles Gibson of Ellijay. I can't imagine him allowing this to go on if he is aware. You can call him at AEMC in Jasper.
We offer a reward for theft of power. Call me your name won't be made public.$100 reward. Also, check out our website there is a $500 reward for metals theft. amicalolaemc.com
Angela

Atlanta, GA

#8 Aug 26, 2009
I want to know how do AEMC check meters? Last month my bill was $175.00 (I live in a 2 bedroom mobile home) month before that it was $168.00, this month it's down to $97.00. I leave and come home the same time everyday, I have followed all of the "money, energy saving" tips and yet my bill changes dramatically every month.
I am a single mother whose hours dropped at work, and I cannot afford these rediculous bills (I still haven't paid the $175.00 yet). I guess we'll be left in the dark AGAIN!
concerned about AEMC

Ellijay, GA

#9 Sep 23, 2009
I would like to hear if anyone has had a problem with AEMC? I work with an agency that pays ALOT of money to them and their rates are HIGH. They are very difficult to work with and they may receive money for round-up but I advise my clients to opt out of it They don't explain the statements to people very well. I have had over 20 clients tell me they do not know what Round up is and were never explained about it or the option to opt out. For a co-op they sure don't cooperate with the community. Especially in this economy of our community. Rural communities are hit harder than most. Unless you see it everyday you really don't realize the amount of people without power, housing or food.
AEMC may give some monies away, but look at their waste.
Please let me know if you like or dislike them or your experience with them. Good or bad. Thanks
KGR

Ellijay, GA

#10 Sep 25, 2009
Liz wrote:
I do not mean to offend anyone who may work here. I am extremely upset with this excessively greedy company. I have a major complaint that the company just refuses to help with. Does anyone know who controls Amicalola? Who I can complain to? Who over sees them? Who they answer to?
My father runs AEMC. Instead of childishly posting something on the internet like a teenager (I don't even know why I'm on here myself! Lol!!!), maybe you should consider actually going to AEMC in person and politely sit down (like an adult) and discuss your complaints with someone who could fix the issues you are having with the company. Don't forget ~ you need to call and make an appointment first.:)
business owner

Jasper, GA

#11 Sep 25, 2009
mamakat wrote:
have you reported them to cops?
Ridgerunner

Dalton, GA

#13 Oct 10, 2009
Utilty companies may be above the rules/laws that apply to us, but come judgement day they will be JUDGED.
What

Waunakee, WI

#14 Oct 11, 2009
All of you can get on your soapbox & complain but you know when a bad storm has come thru, or when it's 30 degrees outside and you are without power whose praises are you singing then. There are lot of hardworking people that work for this company, and they are out all hours of the night and holidays, if the power is out!
john deere

Ellijay, GA

#15 Oct 15, 2009
AEMC have treated me well.
boadtowntrader

Talking Rock, GA

#16 Nov 30, 2009
I work for aemc and i'd like for you all to know that we have to pay the same power bill as everyone else. last easter i was turning everyones power on instead of being with my wife and daughter... your welcome
your power is so high because of the high cost aemc has to pay.
you should think about the people keeping your power on before you start bashing everyone!
we aren't a bunch of greedy arses we are just people trying to make a living
Gilmer Man

Ellijay, GA

#17 Dec 1, 2009
Id Rather have Georgia Power , when I had Ga power in Cobb County my house was bigger and the bill was lower! its amazing how one of my family members has Ga power and i have aemc and their bill is always half of mine and i keep the lights off unless i need them on .
oh my

Ellijay, GA

#18 Dec 4, 2009
What wrote:
All of you can get on your soapbox & complain but you know when a bad storm has come thru, or when it's 30 degrees outside and you are without power whose praises are you singing then. There are lot of hardworking people that work for this company, and they are out all hours of the night and holidays, if the power is out!
i agree! my husband works for a power company and he has rode out hurricaines, ice storms ect and never complains! so i wanna know what everybody elses problem is, these guys work really hard to make sure you can turn the switch on, as for the theif stealing power, it will come back around to bite him! i just hope that one of the guys i know isn't working on repairing the power lines and this goof ball have a generator wired the wrong way and my husband or others i know get killed by morons like him! try to explain to your children why daddy's not coming home!!!
Einzelhaft

Ellijay, GA

#19 Dec 6, 2009
I confess that I'm an electrical engineer. Not that it matters, but it does help put things in context.

The local EMC has some pretty tough terrain to cover here compared to Marietta. The roads here are difficult, and a lot of places are just inaccessible.

Insofar as rates in Cobb being cheaper, not so much:

http://www.psc.state.ga.us/electric/Surveys/2...

The GA PCS publishes what the rates are every year for everyone. It's no secret. In dealing with the EMC, my suggestion is make an appointment, have a written agenda submitted to discuss, and have your facts together. You'll get results.

In general, saying "You suck" won't effect much positive change ...

Just my 2 cents.

Einzelhaft
joey

Ellijay, GA

#20 Dec 10, 2009
we need competition.
ga power

United States

#21 Apr 14, 2010
Ga Power has troublemen working 24/7. AEMC doesnt. Ga Powers rates are cheaper PERIOD. I know because i work for Ga Power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off Owners (Apr '07) 9 hr Crazy Cat Lady 15000 10,953
Get out and vote!!! 11 hr Shady lady 1
Good News Cafe 11 hr Carol 2
Is the Coosawattee River Resort a dump? (Aug '11) 17 hr agent 106
Ellijay Topix taken over by vermin Sun lickingvag 11
Gilmer county Judge flips out in Waffle House Sun gr8estnana 9
what is going on in the city of ellijay Oct 17 Ellijay voter 7

Ellijay News Video

Ellijay Dating
Find my Match

Ellijay Jobs

Ellijay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE