Needing Help Please!

Since: Jan 13

Ellijay, GA

#1 Jan 13, 2013
I am right at two months pregnant and looking for any kind of work (friendly for a prego), or a place for me and my baby to stay while I work around there. I have filled out tons of applications but no one will hire me being pregnant. My situation is I am staying with the baby's father right now but there is no room here for a baby and he is not willing to move out of his mothers house. This is my first child......I have tons of personal and job references. If someone could please help me out, that would be very much appreciated! God bless!
Ellijay Mom

Tucker, GA

#2 Jan 13, 2013
HaloedTiger wrote:
I am right at two months pregnant and looking for any kind of work (friendly for a prego), or a place for me and my baby to stay while I work around there. I have filled out tons of applications but no one will hire me being pregnant. My situation is I am staying with the baby's father right now but there is no room here for a baby and he is not willing to move out of his mothers house. This is my first child......I have tons of personal and job references. If someone could please help me out, that would be very much appreciated! God bless!
Maybe you could go to Bread N Bowl and see if they have any avenues that could help you out. It breaks my heart to hear your story.
SICK AND TIRED

Ellijay, GA

#3 Jan 13, 2013
Sorry to hear your delimma but sounds like you picked a real winner in this guy. Didn't you realize he was a selfish mamas boy before you slept with him. I know it's not much but I asked the manager at Mcdonalds the other day if they were hiring and she said they are. Good luck, since this guy cant man up you are better off without him. An old man made a comment to me when I was in my mid teens. "IF YOUR GOING TO PUT ON A MANS SHOES BE READY TO WEAR THEM". Maybe if more of the male gender lived this we would have more MEN than selfish, whiney, mamas boys. Once again good luck and God Bless
HOW old ru

Ellijay, GA

#4 Jan 14, 2013
HaloedTiger wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/ellijay-ga/TF...

no offense, honey, but why are you reaching out here to total strangers when you have law enforcement as a relative?

and HOW OLD are you? in your own words AND with YOUR OWN extra emphasis on those last two words, YOU said

"I've lived 30+ years here and never ONCE have I been arrested. It's called using COMMON SENSE."

you claim 30+ years old in your rant there. at that age you should have gained enough life experience to know better than to endanger the life of a brand new baby by pitting it against total strangers. the "needing help" story given here reads like a teen to 20yo wrote it but 30+ years old? 30+ YEARS OLD?! you said it yourself, honey. "it's called using COMMON SENSE."

Ellijay, GA

#5 Jan 14, 2013
Thank you "Ellijay Mom", and I agree "Sick And Tired".

To reply to "HOW old ru", first of all, not EVERYONE'S family is family oriented as they should be. Just because I have law enforcement in my family doesn't mean anything other than I have law enforcement in my family. Furthermore, I know what I say in my post, and those are different subjects. Now to comment about why I asked for help....it IS called using common sense. If there is no help around, and you need, it, the next thing to do would be to ask for it by other means. I am not asking a stranger to take my baby or be around my baby without my supervision. I am asking for help. I am doing like any other mother in this world would do, and doing what I can to make my baby's life a good one, and better. I know there are bad people out there that will offer help just to "lure" you in. I'm not stupid. Just because I ask for help, doesn't mean i'm going to be a bad mother. Either you don't have children or you've lived your life selfishly. I posted this for help, so why did you reply to it?????? There is alot more to my story than I put on here, but then again I don't want everyone knowing my business, so I made a brief statement. If someone was to have replied to this about a place to stay, I would check it out first. So, honey, again...I'm not stupid. And know someone before you pass judgement on them.
Mimi

Ellijay, GA

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Maybe you could ask a church for help?
HOW old ru

Ellijay, GA

#7 Jan 14, 2013
uh, uh, uh, uh, uhhhh, hit a nerve, hit a nerve, HIT A NERRRVE. wow. where to start.....
HaloedTiger wrote:
To reply to "HOW old ru", first of all, not EVERYONE'S family is family oriented as they should be. Just because I have law enforcement in my family doesn't mean anything other than I have law enforcement in my family.
ummm, NOOO, everybody's NOT and whose nanny state business is it anyway to say IF everybody SHOULD or SHOULD NOT be family oriented. this is NOT about family orientation, anyway, or everybody would be jumping all OVER your COMMON SENSE stuff about the PURPORTED child's daddy not helping.

as to having law enforcement not "meaning anything," um, what? that's the lamest excuse i've heard in years.

if you in fact have law enforcement in fam as you publicly claim, you have all the resource in house you need to protect your PURPORTED child. if you are unable to turn to an alleged law enforcement family member, IN FACT ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT be they family or not, everyone and THEIR brother, mother, sister, father, aunt, uncle, and grams should be asking the question WHY CAN'T YOU approach law enforcement for help?

those same people asking WHY CAN'T YOU should simultaneously start wondering about the COMMON SENSE safety of bringing YOU and YOUR drama into THEIR house around THEIR children, pets, life savings, etc.
HaloedTiger wrote:
I know what I say in my post, and those are different subjects.
so in other words...... YOU YOURSELF publicly declared you're a switch hitter when it comes to what comes out of your mouth as convenient for the topix at hand.

e.g. when it comes to berating everyone else around you for how they live THEIR LIVES, it's ALLLL about THEIRRR COMMON SENSE. but god help him that DARES to point out you should have used the exact same in YOUR life.

**FURTHERMORE** i find it highly, HIGHLY interesting, eh, maybe even slightly entertaining (but only slightly), that your IMMEDIATE reaction to being questioned ONCE rather than this writer blessing your poor little heart all over topix was for you to switch hit into bytch attack mode. instantly. WOW.

check that out, folks. write yourself an indelible mental note. instead of someone contrite and demure, THIS is the kind of gratitude you now know FOR FACT you CAN EXPECT from YOUR potential new roommate THE MINUTE you don't do something HER way in YOUR COMMON SENSE house.
mean fat guy

Tucker, GA

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Safe Choice Pregnancy Center
Sad but True

Ellijay, GA

#9 Jan 14, 2013
HOW old ru wrote:
Those same people asking WHY CAN'T YOU should simultaneously start wondering about the COMMON SENSE safety of bringing YOU and YOUR drama into THEIR house around THEIR children, pets, life savings, etc.
Good point.
This is already a sad case.
The prime objective should be, not to make it any worse by dragging in additional victims.

Ellijay, GA

#10 Jan 15, 2013
"Thank you Mimi" and "Mean Fat Guy"

Ellijay, GA

#11 Jan 15, 2013
HOW oldru, You are being over observing this poor girl that is merely asking for help. I don't see her asking, anywhere, for a hand out or donations, so why are you on her case so much? I can understand where she is coming from and she is right about doing the right thing for her child. And what everyone is giving her is compassion, where is yours? You really DO seem to be passing judgement here. You don't know all of her story just like us all. And you are making statements on your comments that is NOT related to this subject. I don't blame her for lashing out and defending herself. What does ANY of her other post have to do with this one? I have family also in law enforcement, and they weren't much help to me when I needed it either.(YES! I have needed help before, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.) Her family may not tend to her like you would think. Maybe THIS IS THE REASON SHE IS ASKING FOR HELP?????????? Anyways, I've said my point about it, now onto the sweet mother asking for help.

You can go to the BreadnBowl, as well as Faith, Hope, And Charity. Also, just like previously stated, check with local churches. There is also Family Connections and Safe Choice you can contact locally. If you need numbers to any of these or directions, I will be happy to help you. Just send me a message dear.

And don't worry about arguing with people or having to defend yourself. They are not in your shoes and do not know your situation. The Lord almighty is the only judge. They will have to answer to Him!

Ellijay, GA

#12 Jan 15, 2013
Thank you EllijayMommy.
Visitor

Ellijay, GA

#13 Jan 16, 2013
EllijayMommy wrote:
HOW oldru, You are being over observing this poor girl that is merely asking for help. I don't see her asking, anywhere, for a hand out or donations, so why are you on her case so much? I can understand where she is coming from and she is right about doing the right thing for her child. And what everyone is giving her is compassion, where is yours? You really DO seem to be passing judgement here. You don't know all of her story just like us all. And you are making statements on your comments that is NOT related to this subject. I don't blame her for lashing out and defending herself. What does ANY of her other post have to do with this one? I have family also in law enforcement, and they weren't much help to me when I needed it either.(YES! I have needed help before, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.) Her family may not tend to her like you would think. Maybe THIS IS THE REASON SHE IS ASKING FOR HELP?????????? Anyways, I've said my point about it, now onto the sweet mother asking for help.
You can go to the BreadnBowl, as well as Faith, Hope, And Charity. Also, just like previously stated, check with local churches. There is also Family Connections and Safe Choice you can contact locally. If you need numbers to any of these or directions, I will be happy to help you. Just send me a message dear.
And don't worry about arguing with people or having to defend yourself. They are not in your shoes and do not know your situation. The Lord almighty is the only judge. They will have to answer to Him!
VERY WELL SAID!
ElderButNotOld

Ellijay, GA

#14 Jan 16, 2013
I think I know you Mrs/Ms Haloed Tiger and if you are the person I am thinking of, I will be the first to stand up and say that you have had a very hard life and this being your first baby is a miracle to you. I am sorry I am so far away or else I would offer you a place to stay but I know you love Ellijay so much you want to raise your baby there. Which by the way, you need to call me sometime. I really wished I would have stayed in Ellijay but my grandbabies needed me closer to them.

If anyone out there is truly listening to this young lady speak, have a heart and help her out. She is an outstanding person with a heart of gold. She has worked wonders for others that have asked for help.

For the one making the rude comments
Sometimes we need to step out of our territory for a minute and step into another to be able to see what is going on around us and makes changes to better ourselves. As well as see what other people are going through. May we realize the things we take for granted on a daily basis. Even the smaller things in life that could mean so much to someone else. Give a lot and take very little. We are taught that by our parents, in our schools, and by God himself. Now if you want to argue with me on my age based on this comment, like you did with her, then I will be more than pleased to unveil myself and let you have a look at this 76 year old man who takes about 5 minutes to type out one word. Imagine how long this took me.

The world is a very cruel place. Some may even consider it Hell itself. We, the people, need to stand together, fight together, love together, and embrace this life as a family and not as enemies.

Ellijay, GA

#15 Jan 16, 2013
ElderButNotOld wrote:
I think I know you Mrs/Ms Haloed Tiger and if you are the person I am thinking of, I will be the first to stand up and say that you have had a very hard life and this being your first baby is a miracle to you. I am sorry I am so far away or else I would offer you a place to stay but I know you love Ellijay so much you want to raise your baby there. Which by the way, you need to call me sometime. I really wished I would have stayed in Ellijay but my grandbabies needed me closer to them.
If anyone out there is truly listening to this young lady speak, have a heart and help her out. She is an outstanding person with a heart of gold. She has worked wonders for others that have asked for help.
For the one making the rude comments
Sometimes we need to step out of our territory for a minute and step into another to be able to see what is going on around us and makes changes to better ourselves. As well as see what other people are going through. May we realize the things we take for granted on a daily basis. Even the smaller things in life that could mean so much to someone else. Give a lot and take very little. We are taught that by our parents, in our schools, and by God himself. Now if you want to argue with me on my age based on this comment, like you did with her, then I will be more than pleased to unveil myself and let you have a look at this 76 year old man who takes about 5 minutes to type out one word. Imagine how long this took me.
The world is a very cruel place. Some may even consider it Hell itself. We, the people, need to stand together, fight together, love together, and embrace this life as a family and not as enemies.
Ok, now that I messaged you and you answered on facebook i know who you are and I really appreciate you sticking up for me. So far I have gotten all the help I need and I thank everyone who posted here......minus the clueless one......there really are good hearted people out there that will give me a chance to help me give my baby the best life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time Out - Local children's tv show, early 1980s? (Dec '14) 1 min suave 20
News Seventeen homicides this year leave Columbus fa... 9 min Enter Username 2
wacotesas 2 hr nsghhas nppmsldec 12
BR city council 3 hr Blue Ridge resident 2
New Cinema Complex in East Ellijay (Nov '09) Jul 21 Girl22 21
Big Creek Murder Jul 21 Deplorable 1
Gilmer BOE budget... Jul 19 BeAnExampleWithMoney 47

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance