Appliance repair
Shadylady

Ellijay, GA

#1 Aug 31, 2012
I am in need of a good reputable appliance repair person. I have a stove that needs some work done on it. Can anyone recommend someone?

Since: Jul 08

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Aug 31, 2012
Shadylady wrote:
I am in need of a good reputable appliance repair person. I have a stove that needs some work done on it. Can anyone recommend someone?
I have used Milton's several times and been very pleased.
boB

Ellijay, GA

#3 Aug 31, 2012
procon1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have used Milton's several times and been very pleased.
have used Miltons several times also--dependable and reasonably priced too..
Shadylady

Ellijay, GA

#4 Aug 31, 2012
I was told the Milton had sold out to someone else.
boB

Ellijay, GA

#5 Aug 31, 2012
Shadylady wrote:
I was told the Milton had sold out to someone else.
They did a few yrs ago but kept the Milton's name,,good service still
1st PO

Leitchfield, KY

#6 Sep 25, 2012
good to know
Frank Rozal

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Oct 11, 2012
Word of mouth is probably your best bet to find great appliance repair. I have found a few online that were appealing and had good reviews. Here's one of the websites that I found.
http://www.commonwealthappliances.ca .
Terminus

Ellijay, GA

#8 Oct 11, 2012
I use a guy named Charles. Everyone at ACE hardware knows him, and you can pick up one of his busines cards there. He works on most appliances, very reasonable, and reliable.
local

Ellijay, GA

#9 Oct 16, 2012
Dont call JIMCO they will come out charge you 45.00 or more just to tell you its not worth fixing!
gimmeabreak

Ellijay, GA

#10 Oct 17, 2012
local wrote:
Dont call JIMCO they will come out charge you 45.00 or more just to tell you its not worth fixing!
So they should drive to your house for free and then sell you some work/part you do not need? Sounds like honest business to me. I would rather them tell me that than sell me $200 worth of repair that will only fix my appliance temporarily. I have used them and were very happy with their service.
Joe

Ellijay, GA

#11 Oct 17, 2012
Terminus wrote:
I use a guy named Charles. Everyone at ACE hardware knows him, and you can pick up one of his busines cards there. He works on most appliances, very reasonable, and reliable.
You forgot extremly honest..Charles is a good man to have work on your appliances too....
Shadylady

Ellijay, GA

#13 Oct 22, 2012
We would love to have Charles repair my stove, but he doesn't work on stoves with computers in them.
He is the best on regular appliances, and the most honest I have used.Would recommend him highly!
Boo Bear

Ellijay, GA

#14 Oct 24, 2012
"Charles" is Charles Hyde.We have used him many times with great service
Segregated Prohibition

Morganton, GA

#15 Oct 25, 2012
I used JIMCO as well. Wish I hadn't. He looked at our washer and couldn't figure out why it was doing what it was. I'm pretty handy and I did what he did and couldn't figure anything out so I called them. Needless to say I was pretty unimpressed by someone who had been in the business for 20 years. Seemed in a hurry to get done too. I wouldn't recommend.
Terminus

Ellijay, GA

#16 Oct 25, 2012
That's the man! Charles Hyde. He is a treasure to this community. I don't know how he determines his prices but he will charge for the parts and adds a very reasonable labor charge, say $20/30 dollars depending on the job. When he presents me with his final bill, I write the check quickly, before he changes his mind. LOL I often include an extra $10 to pay for his lunch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Large black cat 6 hr Nova36 3
Anyone know of a Steve R.Vitte in Ellijay ? 6 hr MockOrange 7
Mark Miller Incarcerated 15 hr Karma Train 3
GHS Football debacle Wed Understands Sarcasm 39
wtb a campground lot in coosawattee river resort (Jun '15) Wed Understands Sarcasm 99
Dr.James Manning, a black radio show host Jun 28 Concerned Citizen 1
What the Heck? Jun 28 Big papa porch cr... 16

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellijay Mortgages