Ellijayrocks

Alpharetta, GA

#81 Aug 25, 2011
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
We go to Cornerstone for breakfast on weekends. Just down from where 28 Mail was. Food is good and so is service.
Bill, I used to love cornerstone when Doodle had it , the food was awesome. but last couple times I have been there the food was terrible, rubberized omelettes, and dried out sausage. I know alot of people like cornerstone, but I am not a fan .
graybeard

Ellijay, GA

#82 Aug 25, 2011
ProCon1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Julie,
I agree with Graybeard, when I read that you were opening another restaurant already in Jasper my stomach turned. You have responded to several suggestions on here that you wouldn't consider them because you are pretty much a stickler on details and doing it right and want to be able to personally oversee everything, such as why you wouldn't add beer and wine, and yet now you say you are going to open another restaurant 25 miles away. Seems like you will be spreading yourself pretty thin if truly trying to oversee everything. I have been telling everyone about this restaurant because I desperately want you to succeed, I just hope you know what you are doing.
Ditto what ProCon1 said here.
Julie with Julees

Ellijay, GA

#83 Aug 26, 2011
I do understand and appreciate your comments. I agree that this can happen with opening a second restaurant especially so soon after opening this one. We received an opportunity with the second one that was too good to pass up. I think you will see that I will manage to keep the same service and quality food at both locations. I have a staff that has worked with me for many years and I feel that they will be able to lead at Jasper with the same ideas and ability that I would. I will be spending the majority of my time in the Ellijay restaurant and my daughters will be returning to work soon to help guide thru this second phase. Again, thank you for your input and concerns.

Since: Aug 11

Talking Rock, GA

#84 Aug 26, 2011
We have eaten at Julee's twice in as many weeks. Food good, prices are reasonable and service is very efficient. We really want to see this restaurant succeed. I tell everyone about it.
We also go to Charlie's regularly (love it). We enjoy going to non-chain eateries and would like to see more in the area.
Pudding

Ellijay, GA

#85 Aug 26, 2011
resident wrote:
I ate White Columns yesterday me and a friend stop by for Lunch I dont see how there in business after one year.I ordered the chicken tenders comes with 4 tenders and I barly got over 1 down guy i work with was very unhappy with the food also. To bad The Davis House was closed yesterday thats good food. Will have to try Julees soon.
Lol. I have lived here for 7 years and have been to White Columns but once (I think they have been here 30).I agree with you, didnt see what the fuss is over that place. to be honest, the meal i ordered was gross. ill probably never go back and my relative had to send her food back because it was dry and way overcooked. yuck!
graybeard

Ellijay, GA

#86 Aug 26, 2011
Julie with Julees wrote:
I do understand and appreciate your comments. I agree that this can happen with opening a second restaurant especially so soon after opening this one. We received an opportunity with the second one that was too good to pass up. I think you will see that I will manage to keep the same service and quality food at both locations. I have a staff that has worked with me for many years and I feel that they will be able to lead at Jasper with the same ideas and ability that I would. I will be spending the majority of my time in the Ellijay restaurant and my daughters will be returning to work soon to help guide thru this second phase. Again, thank you for your input and concerns.
The common thread is this .... good food, good service, good atmosphere .... we want to see you succeed, Julie, for your sake and for our sakes, as well.
restaurant customer

Ellijay, GA

#87 Aug 26, 2011
The food is very good and Julie is a real person who cares about and communicates with her customers in a nice way. Maybe Madame Grumble from Charlie's could take notice.
home grown

Paonia, CO

#88 Aug 26, 2011
just said wrote:
Jus Sayin call it bashing if you want to but I will express my opinion just like everyone else. Husband and I were there last night we had one good meal but also one not so very good and the prices are about equal to Longhorn.
The prices may be the same for dinner....but the QUANTITY and QUALITY is much better!! I also appreciate Julie coming around to each and every table to make sure your dinner and service was top notch!! Love our hometown businesses!!!
graybeard

Ellijay, GA

#89 Aug 26, 2011
We,ve been to Longhorn's in the past, cannot ever recall paying a tab at Longhorns as low as Julees.
cornbread

Ellijay, GA

#90 Aug 27, 2011
why dont they have a website? i thought there was a post by the owner with the address but its a dead link.
Julie with Julees

Ellijay, GA

#91 Aug 27, 2011
Our website is in the process of being set up. This should be completed this week. There was apparently a discrepancy in the site domain. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Care Giver

Ellijay, GA

#92 Aug 28, 2011
Julie with Julees wrote:
Our website is in the process of being set up. This should be completed this week. There was apparently a discrepancy in the site domain. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Julie can we bring our own wine for dinner?
Julie with Julees

Ellijay, GA

#93 Aug 28, 2011
At this time - no - I am sorry. I have not been to talk with the proper city officials to see about brown-bagging; I do apologise. That is on my list of things to do - have just been a little swamped and (I'll be the first to admit) :) disorganized at times. Contact me later this week and I hope to have that information.
mountainlady56

Plant City, FL

#94 Aug 28, 2011
Had seen a post on FB, about Julee's, and decided to try it, tonight, on the spur of the moment. I LOVE a well-cooked steak (medium - pink but warm throughout). I told the waiter, Nick (great service!), how I wanted it, and ordered baked potato and squash and onions. My son ordered an appetizer, steak fries with cheese and bacon, and for his meal, got country-fried steak and two servings of fried okra.
My son didn't want to go, to start with, but he raved about the appetizer, saying it was the best he's ever had! He also loved his meal. Of course, he had to bring some home.
My ribeye steak was "to die for", and I stopped and recommended it to some people that were trying to decide, who had already eaten there before. The squash and onions was a very pleasant surprise....they had been grilled! YUMMY!
My son's wanting to do his birthday dinner there, and, in all likelihood, we will! They have a nicely-appointed banquet room, that will seat 50 comfortably.
We were very impressed with the service, the friendliness of staff, the quality AND quantity of food, and the prices were VERY reasonable, for what you get!
I hope they stay alcohol-free, with a family atmosphere!!
GOOD LUCK!!
cornbread

Ellijay, GA

#95 Aug 29, 2011
Julie with Julees wrote:
no problem i understand. I've been meaning to come back and check it out. heard lots of good things about your place! i have a few questions if you don't mind.
do ya'll have to go menus? do you have country fried steak on your regular menu? do you have fried okra every day? desserts? any seafood? mac and cheese? just want to get an idea. we don't eat these foods very often for health reasons but it's a nice treat every now and then!

Since: Jul 11

Gay, GA

#96 Aug 30, 2011
Wow Julie! I hope you can stay abreast of this festival of expectations!

C'mon guys, even fantastic restaurants 'slip' every now & then. If the bar keeps getting raised, nobody will ever be able to meet all these expectations.

Sounds like Julee's will keep folks happy much of the time. Hope the community will let her settle in, work her magic, and find out where her mark of excellence will be situated. If Julee's is this good, she could open other places for a slant of this & a slant of that. And, if that's the case, we'd be supporting what we believe to be true: hometown commerce has the ability to be extremely successful, in the face of on-going competition with national chains!

Keep up the good work, Julie. But, don't let that bar get raised so high that you can't realistically keep jumping it! Promises that become too big or too many can be the start of downfall. I'm wishing you the very best :)
Julie with Julees

Ellijay, GA

#97 Aug 30, 2011
To Cornbread - Yes we have To Go menus/country fried steak is on our regular menu and a top seller/we change our desserts daily but usually have a good variety of homemade cobblers, pies, etc/we carry shrimp skewers, popcorn shrimp, tilapia, catfish, and some seafood pasta dishes/we do have macaroni and cheese on our menu but we do have moments with it:) - look forward to meeting you. And 2 Spirit - thank you - I hope I can too cause honestly-we are sure going to give it our best try. I have an excellent dedicated staff so I think we will be great. Again, thank you to everyone that has made comments - appreciate continued support and the super nice people that we have met.
Julie from Julees

Ellijay, GA

#98 Sep 4, 2011
Letting everyone know that we will be open for Labor Day - hope to see everyone. Have a great Labor Day weekend.
Gimeeabreak

Talking Rock, GA

#99 Sep 6, 2011
Returned to Julee's today to see if they could repeat their performance from my previous visit. I ordered the shrimp alfredo lunch portion for $6.50. Best I have ever tasted. However, if you don't like garlic, have something else. Keep up the good work Julie!
mama mia

Ellijay, GA

#100 Sep 6, 2011
I can't wait to try Julee's! Several family members have dined there and they have nothing but rave reviews, love the food, love the service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rusty beamon (Apr '14) 51 min Skippy 34
Concert in Ellijay on May 16!!! 4 hr Claire Campbell 1
Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off Owners (Apr '07) 5 hr John 11,223
gilmer teachers Sun Wow 2
News Three Northwest Georgians Convicted of Operatin... Sun Huh 2
Jason Kouns named Principle of Elbert County Hi... Sat Crazy ppl 10
Here goes the BOE again interim sup to be named... May 1 beenwatchingthese... 61
More from around the web

Ellijay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]