of 2
Next Last
Flyer

Ellijay, GA

#1 May 2, 2012
Mack

Ellijay, GA

#2 May 2, 2012
Mr. Smith is a busy man trying to run the golf course and airport and the airport is now closed and the golf course is in shambles.
Joene DePlancke

Ellijay, GA

#3 May 2, 2012
Flyer wrote:
http://gilmer.fetchyournews.co m/archives/2358-Isom-Speaks-Ou t-About-Gilmer-Airport.html
Appalling, absolutely appalling that as a county we would treat someone like this and leave them holding the bag.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#4 May 2, 2012
Until someone tells me anything different, I support this woman.
She is credible and qualified to run a business. And from listening to the locals talk of how things are done/have been done here, her claims are more than sound.

I'm sorry for her.
Reality

Ellijay, GA

#5 May 2, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised to find that we have 81 sprinklers watering the runways.

And landing lights on the fairways.

JC needs to step up to the plate.
Enough is enough.
ProCon1

Ellijay, GA

#6 May 2, 2012
Reality wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to find that we have 81 sprinklers watering the runways.
And landing lights on the fairways.
JC needs to step up to the plate.
Enough is enough.
Why in the world has JC continued to let him draw a salary to waste the taxpayers money? He constantly touts how he has gotten some grant or something to keep JC beholding to him, but he has pretended to oversee project after project that has taken down one vendor after another. He is responsible for payments to the golf course for the 81 sprinklers and for shopping cart invoices, etc etc without ever going to see what he is even approving. He supported Flint Timber and said they were a "good steward" of the county and large tax payer when they wanted approval for the 1900 lot subdivision out 282. At the time Flint Timber owed over a million dollars in delinquent taxes AND had just declared bankruptcy. He has now driven the only airport operator out yet the county is required to keep this airport open because of the federal grant we received. Bet he did this so he could run the airport, it's called job security.

Well hopefully JC has the guts to trim the budget one more time!
Tired

Ellijay, GA

#7 May 2, 2012
ProCon1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in the world has JC continued to let him draw a salary to waste the taxpayers money? He constantly touts how he has gotten some grant or something to keep JC beholding to him, but he has pretended to oversee project after project that has taken down one vendor after another. He is responsible for payments to the golf course for the 81 sprinklers and for shopping cart invoices, etc etc without ever going to see what he is even approving. He supported Flint Timber and said they were a "good steward" of the county and large tax payer when they wanted approval for the 1900 lot subdivision out 282. At the time Flint Timber owed over a million dollars in delinquent taxes AND had just declared bankruptcy. He has now driven the only airport operator out yet the county is required to keep this airport open because of the federal grant we received. Bet he did this so he could run the airport, it's called job security.
Well hopefully JC has the guts to trim the budget one more time!
JC is too incompetent to have his brains (Smith) leave him.
Throw em all out

Waunakee, WI

#8 May 3, 2012
To read that article breaks your heart to learn how incompetent the people elected to run our county are.

The lady seems very open and honest about what happened. The tragedy is that someone who was trying to make a difference has been "run off" by our county government. With what she was paying each month now gone, I wonder what the cost to the county taxpayers will be now?

The only conclusion I can come to is that in the next election, we need to throw all the current rascals out, and try to start over.

What do you others think? Are there any worth voting back in (if so, who?), or should they all go?
hoodoo

Ellijay, GA

#9 May 3, 2012
Throw em all out wrote:
To read that article breaks your heart to learn how incompetent the people elected to run our county are.
The lady seems very open and honest about what happened. The tragedy is that someone who was trying to make a difference has been "run off" by our county government. With what she was paying each month now gone, I wonder what the cost to the county taxpayers will be now?
The only conclusion I can come to is that in the next election, we need to throw all the current rascals out, and try to start over.
What do you others think? Are there any worth voting back in (if so, who?), or should they all go?
I think there is only 1 of 3 up for election this time. Unfortunately, most of the problems were caused by previous officials; however, Smith needs to go because he is not doing anything of value for the county and is, instead, creating confusion and not watching the projects that he is entrusted to oversee. The gold course, the airport, and Jim Smith need to be eliminated from the county payroll.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#10 May 3, 2012
Um Jim Smith also was at least initially the one behind Park and Rec Community Bldg. I sat in meetings with this guy and he has the business sense of a toad. If this is leading us we are headed straight disown the drown
Cowboy

Ellijay, GA

#11 May 3, 2012
Jim Smith is a bigger waste of taxpayer money than either the golf course or airport.
Hear This

Ellijay, GA

#12 May 3, 2012
When are all of you going to shut the hell up and start going to the county commission meetings and be heard? Not a single one of you would show up at any meeting and say the things that you say here. Not that what you say is right or wrong, just that not a one of you have the intestinal fortitude to say anything in person. It is easy to be a bad ass when nobody knows who you are.

“Airhead”

#13 May 3, 2012
Hear This wrote:
It is easy to be a bad ass when nobody knows who you are.
And YOUR name is...?
Hear This

Ellijay, GA

#14 May 3, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOUR name is...?
Name is not relevant, as neither is yours or anyone else's unless you want to accuse someone of anything as some folks are doing. If you want any credibility you must stand up and face your foe and beating your gums anonymously on a forum does not give you any credibility at all.

“Airhead”

#15 May 3, 2012
But this is what forums are for.
Interaction.
Been there done that

Waunakee, WI

#16 May 3, 2012
Hear This wrote:
When are all of you going to shut the hell up and start going to the county commission meetings and be heard? Not a single one of you would show up at any meeting and say the things that you say here. Not that what you say is right or wrong, just that not a one of you have the intestinal fortitude to say anything in person. It is easy to be a bad ass when nobody knows who you are.
Not true. I have been to several county meetings, including the BOE meetings, and I can say first hand that they are a waste of time in the sense that not one of the commissioners seems to care about listening to any individual. Outside of the meetings, I have gone to them personally, and expressed my concern(s) eye to eye, but in the end it made no difference and my conclusion was to stop wasting my time.
I am not an expert on all of this but they seem to have their own agenda and could care less about an individual citizen. It really is a mystery to me how JC Sanford, Will Beaty, and Danny Hall conduct themselves and the decisions they make.
Maybe it's just a thankless job and whoever is in it would be doing the same thing, but certainly their decisions have sunk Gilmer County into a hole that we may never recover from without continued HIGHER taxes, less services, and more uncertainty.
I know that they all "blame" the "past" commissioners, but really, couldn't they have done ANYTHING that they can point to as a "good" decision?
So "Hear This", you are wrong, some (probably many) have tried.
Hear This

Ellijay, GA

#17 May 3, 2012
If you go, and that is good that you do, and you say your piece and leave with your tail between your legs and say you are whipped then I guess that is just what you are. If say three or four or more of you show up and demand to be heard and demand to be answered and come back to the next meeting and keep coming back and be diligent and smooth in your task, you may not get the attention of the ones on the board but you may get the attention of those that vote, and let them make a difference. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
Hear This

Ellijay, GA

#18 May 3, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
But this is what forums are for.
Interaction.
Interaction, yes. Diarrhea of the mouth, no!

“Airhead”

#19 May 3, 2012
Great. Now we have Forum Police.

Put me in the corner, as I'm a scofflaw.
ProCon1

Ellijay, GA

#20 May 3, 2012
Hear This wrote:
... If say three or four or more of you show up and demand to be heard and demand to be answered and come back to the next meeting and keep coming back and be diligent and smooth in your task, you may not get the attention of the ones on the board but you may get the attention of those that vote, and let them make a difference. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.
First of all, are you saying here "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers" that if we do go as a group, as stupid people, at least we would have more power if there were more of us?

So, the more stupid people you get together the smarter the decision???

Never tried that approach.

But, I, too, have attended many BOC and BOE meetings. And I have spoken up at many of them ... But I don't think you are correct that if we appear in numbers even if we don't get the attention of the BOC we will get the attention of the voters. Because, you see, the voters have no say in whether or not this person keeps his job. That is solely up to the Commission Chairman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The KKK Ellijay Headquarters?? (Oct '08) 7 hr Adrian87 298
Capital Meats Truck-Buyer Beware (May '09) Fri Gilmersucks 409
How do cheaters remove their stuff from topix (Jul '15) Fri Gilmersucks 16
Gilmer High Bobcat Football Fri Gilmersucks 16
wtb a campground lot in coosawattee river resort (Jun '15) Thu Winner 107
Coosawattee Activities? Wed What 22
GHS Principal going to Murray County Jul 26 Ex-Bobcat 4

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance