Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals

Posted in the Ellijay Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frank G

Gainesville, GA

#1 Jul 4, 2011
We had the worst experience with the Morning Breeze Cabin Rental company! Halfway through a four day stay it started raining. Within an hour the downstairs bedroom was flooded! Then the power went out. We crammed into the other smaller bedroom and sofa and then called the agency the next morning. A woman rudely answered the phone and when we told her what had happened she simply said "so what?". I asked if we could go to another condo where the power was working and the bedroom wasn't flooded and she said "absolutely not!". We then asked for a partial refund which was responded to with a dial tone. There are plenty of much better organizations to rent a cabin through in this beautiful part of the country. Don't waste your time with this one. We should have done our homework as we later heard from others that they had a similar experience. The cabin we stayed at was the lakehouse.
Casual Observer

Ellijay, GA

#2 Jul 5, 2011
Frank G wrote:
We had the worst experience with the Morning Breeze Cabin Rental company! Halfway through a four day stay it started raining. Within an hour the downstairs bedroom was flooded! Then the power went out. We crammed into the other smaller bedroom and sofa and then called the agency the next morning. A woman rudely answered the phone and when we told her what had happened she simply said "so what?". I asked if we could go to another condo where the power was working and the bedroom wasn't flooded and she said "absolutely not!". We then asked for a partial refund which was responded to with a dial tone. There are plenty of much better organizations to rent a cabin through in this beautiful part of the country. Don't waste your time with this one. We should have done our homework as we later heard from others that they had a similar experience. The cabin we stayed at was the lakehouse.
Wow! It sounds like the woman you spoke to should be running a fruit stand not a cabin rental agency.

Call your credit card company and challenge all or part of the charges for failure to provide adequate service, a rental property that doesn't leak certainly seems to fit that description. Also, file a complaint with the BBB. If all else fails file a civil suit. They will probably settle before it ever goes to court. People running agencies like that need to be held accountable. They give this area a bad name.
graybeard

Ellijay, GA

#3 Jul 5, 2011
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! It sounds like the woman you spoke to should be running a fruit stand not a cabin rental agency.
Call your credit card company and challenge all or part of the charges for failure to provide adequate service, a rental property that doesn't leak certainly seems to fit that description. Also, file a complaint with the BBB. If all else fails file a civil suit. They will probably settle before it ever goes to court. People running agencies like that need to be held accountable. They give this area a bad name.
I agree with Casual Observer ..... folks MUST be held accountable for their actions. Court would be a good place for the cabin rental lady!
K Thomas

Highland, IN

#4 Jul 12, 2011
We rented the Laughing Water cabin for 3 nights in June. We were to celebrate our middle son's 11th birthday there. Nothing in the description told us that we should have brought our 4 wheel drive to get here. We were traveling in my 2009 Honda Accord. To get to the cabin, you have to leave the black top onto gravel roads. The hills are pretty steep but once you hit the gravel roads, there was absolutely NO TRACTION. You also do not have cell phone service out there. We arrived at the cabin (which you drive down a very, very steep hill). We were so afraid that we wouldn't be able to get back up that hill in my car. No reception, no way to get out. It was scary with 3 kids in tow. Oh, and to boot, it started to rain. So my husband wanted to make sure we could get out so with the kids out of the car, he started trying to get up that hill back onto the gravel road. It literally took him 8 TRIES to finally do it. My poor car had all sorts of lights flashing. We finally got back up the hill, packed the kids back in. NEEDLESS TO SAY, they were so incredibly disappointed. This was something they had really been looking forward too. They wanted to fish in the creek, go tubing, just be in the woods. It's something they've never gotten to do. And their whole trip went away right before their eyes. I felt HORRIBLE to do this to them but we had no other choice. My husband called MorningBreeze and they offered us a cabin further up in the mountains. No, I didn't want to go higher plus it offered none of the reasons we booked Laughing Waters. After about 3 days, we finally got an email saying they'd refunded the money minus the deposit. I had seen a comment on their guestbook that talked about the steep hills and such but the manager responded by saying she has a little car and is always running around out there.. I'd love to know how. I wanted to post this comment on their guestbook, but seems that they have removed all but about 6 glowing comments of their choosing now.
Jeff

Powder Springs, GA

#5 Oct 31, 2011
I live in Blue Ridge and just ran across your post. I don't know who the people at Morning Breeze are, but every cabin in north ga that has a great view, has this issue. I own several cabins myself and I hate when people complain the way you are. Do you want the amazing views of the entire North Ga area or not? If not, take a paved road to a cabin in the woods. These are mountain top cabins. There are no paved roads to any of them. What you experienced is normal and yes, people do it every single day in accords and even smaller cars.
K Thomas wrote:
We rented the Laughing Water cabin for 3 nights in June. We were to celebrate our middle son's 11th birthday there. Nothing in the description told us that we should have brought our 4 wheel drive to get here. We were traveling in my 2009 Honda Accord. To get to the cabin, you have to leave the black top onto gravel roads. The hills are pretty steep but once you hit the gravel roads, there was absolutely NO TRACTION. You also do not have cell phone service out there. We arrived at the cabin (which you drive down a very, very steep hill). We were so afraid that we wouldn't be able to get back up that hill in my car. No reception, no way to get out. It was scary with 3 kids in tow. Oh, and to boot, it started to rain. So my husband wanted to make sure we could get out so with the kids out of the car, he started trying to get up that hill back onto the gravel road. It literally took him 8 TRIES to finally do it. My poor car had all sorts of lights flashing. We finally got back up the hill, packed the kids back in. NEEDLESS TO SAY, they were so incredibly disappointed. This was something they had really been looking forward too. They wanted to fish in the creek, go tubing, just be in the woods. It's something they've never gotten to do. And their whole trip went away right before their eyes. I felt HORRIBLE to do this to them but we had no other choice. My husband called MorningBreeze and they offered us a cabin further up in the mountains. No, I didn't want to go higher plus it offered none of the reasons we booked Laughing Waters. After about 3 days, we finally got an email saying they'd refunded the money minus the deposit. I had seen a comment on their guestbook that talked about the steep hills and such but the manager responded by saying she has a little car and is always running around out there.. I'd love to know how. I wanted to post this comment on their guestbook, but seems that they have removed all but about 6 glowing comments of their choosing now.
Sharmaine

Decatur, GA

#6 Nov 8, 2011
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Their customer service is non-existent! I will NEVER recommend them to ANYONE!
Vickie

Ellijay, GA

#7 Nov 13, 2011
Sharmaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Their customer service is non-existent! I will NEVER recommend them to ANYONE!
I have dealt with them several times and have always found them to be very professional.
Geezer

Ellijay, GA

#8 Nov 13, 2011
K Thomas wrote:
Nothing in the description told us that we should have brought our 4 wheel drive to get here. We were traveling in my 2009 Honda Accord. To get to the cabin, you have to leave the black top onto gravel roads. The hills are pretty steep but once you hit the gravel roads, there was absolutely NO TRACTION. You also do not have cell phone service out there. We arrived at the cabin (which you drive down a very, very steep hill). We were so afraid that we wouldn't be able to get back up that hill in my car. No reception, no way to get out. It was scary with 3 kids in tow. Oh, and to boot, it started to rain. So my husband wanted to make sure we could get out so with the kids out of the car, he started trying to get up that hill back onto the gravel road. It literally took him 8 TRIES to finally do it. My poor car had all sorts of lights flashing. We finally got back up the hill, packed the kids back in. NEEDLESS TO SAY, they were so incredibly disappointed. This was something they had really been looking forward too. They wanted to fish in the creek, go tubing, just be in the woods. It's something they've never gotten to do. And their whole trip went away right before their eyes. I felt HORRIBLE to do this to them but we had no other choice.
There are two ways to handle people who rent mountain cabins:

The cabin owners should bulldoze the mountains flat, provide driving instructions for the metrosexual men, build cellphone towers, provide 4-wheel drive vehicles, pave all the roads & driveways, and bait the hooks for their estrogen-laced children, so that city folks can properly enjoy their wilderness getaway.

Or alternatively,

The cabin owners could encourage such people to rent a room at a Days Inn, in Atlanta, where they could spend their entire weekend ordering in pizza and chinese, while watching a marathon session of the Outdoor Channel.
Hermans Mama

Ellijay, GA

#9 Nov 14, 2011
Geezer wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two ways to handle people who rent mountain cabins:
The cabin owners should bulldoze the mountains flat, provide driving instructions for the metrosexual men, build cellphone towers, provide 4-wheel drive vehicles, pave all the roads & driveways, and bait the hooks for their estrogen-laced children, so that city folks can properly enjoy their wilderness getaway.
Or alternatively,
The cabin owners could encourage such people to rent a room at a Days Inn, in Atlanta, where they could spend their entire weekend ordering in pizza and chinese, while watching a marathon session of the Outdoor Channel.
ROFL! Hey ole man, think you have hit the nail on this one. People come up here in their fancy cars and want to "enjoy" the wilderness. They specifically pick cabins that are "secluded on a pristine mountain stream" and then complain when it is remote, might have to ford that stream, no cell service and my God, gravel roads that may or may not be steep. That Beemer goes home with dust where no dust has ever been before.

However, some of the blame goes to the cabin rental people who write their ads so it sounds like all the comforts of the Ritz with a pretty view and then wonder why the city people are dismayed. They should call a spade a spade. There are just as many people that want the experience of driving through the stream as those that are afraid of it.
Big Tex

Houston, TX

#10 Nov 15, 2011
Vickie wrote:
<quoted text>
I have dealt with them several times and have always found them to be very professional.
And like wise Vickie, every time i have dealt with you, you have been wonderful and very professional and i never once thought of asking for my money back, YOU GO GURL!!!!
Katy

Norcross, GA

#11 Nov 23, 2011
I've rented from Morning Breeze three times, those guys are great! Yes, sometimes the roads are a bit rough, but like ya'll are saying, it's the mountains already, we kind of expect that. The cabins themselves have always been spotless and the one time we had an issue with the fireplace ignitor, they had someone out there within the hour. Don't listen to the whiners, rent with these guys and have a great time!
mary

Norcross, GA

#12 Jan 10, 2012
I know this situation personally, the customer, Sharmaine and her party were smoking cigarettes in the cabin, left ashes, butts and a nasty mess behind, as well as broke a stool at the cabin. There is a minumum charge of $350 to fumigate the property, which is clearly stated in the policies (which was not charged) and a fee to have the stool repaired. The guest did not understand why she was charged a very small additional fee ($30) for this damage and decided to post negative comments about the company in every public forum she could find. She later came back, apologized and took down her post from trip advisor and facebook. It's such a shame that people cannot take responsibility for their own actions and feel the need to blame everyone and everything when something goes wrong in their life. Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals always goes above and beyond when it comes to customer service, reading over the few negative posts that are written (there are dozens upon dozens of positive ones), it is realized that some people will never be satisfied, no matter what is done for them. My advice, when reading these posts about any company; dig deeper, call the company personally or get a referal from someone. Most are doing a top notch job and when you are dealing with the volume of customers that they are, there are bound to be situations that will not be resolved to each individuals personal satisfaction. It's unfortunate that this is the case, but all big companies that work with the public have the same problem. Happy travels :)

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13 Jan 14, 2012
The North Georgia mountains are a glorious place to visit and on the whole the management companies are professional and the cabins are as described. The roads in CRR can be intimidating to us city folks but they are safe to drive if you just put it in low gear on steep hills and stay off the roads in bad weather conditions (that holds true for any road in or out of CRR). Talk to a neighbor if you feel you can't do it and you will find they will help you out because it is a piece of cake for the full timers in there. Our neighbor on one side uses Blue Sky Cabin Rental and the other neighbor uses a management company that is also local. They are both been with them for a few years and they are very happy. Haven't heard any complaints from either of them. So come to the mountains of North Georgia, it will be an adventure but an adventure you and your family will remember for years to come.
Stephany

Gainesville, GA

#14 Feb 14, 2012
We also had a disappointing experience the management of Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals. We just came back from a long awaited romantic getaway at “Blazing Saddles”. The cabin and view was beautiful and we were very happy that we were able to bring our dogs with us. There was no tv in the master bedroom even though the picture on their website shows a tv in the master bedroom. The heat didn't work well either, but we snuggled up to stay warm. The road up to the cabin was gravel and steep. If the weather had been worse I'm not sure that our car would have made it up to the cabin. Our dogs are very well behaved and they did not get on any of the furniture or the bed. When we packed up to leave, we stripped the bed of the linens, wiped down all of the counters in the kitchen, took out the trash, vacuumed the area rug in the living room and cleaned up all of the ashes in the fireplace. We went through the checklist and commented to each other how nice the cabin looked and that the cleaning staff should have a really easy time preparing for the next guests. We packed up the car and took pictures of the inside of the cabin to remind us of the nice time that we had. The next day we received an email stating the following:“Upon your departure, our cleaning staff noted that they had to clean up excess long white dog hair on the furniture, rugs, and counter tops. An additional cleaning fee charge of $20.00 has been added to your credit card as of today.” We were stunned, since we knew that this was positively not the case. When we expressed our disappointment with this we were only told that they were “extremely lenient with what guests leave behind and only charge them when the cleaner has to go above and beyond to get the cabin back up to standards for the next guest coming in.” They said to feel free to call them if we had any questions about this, yet our phone calls have not been returned. This is not just about $20.00. It is about being taken advantage of and poor business practices. If they are going to make such a claim, they should have some evidence to back it up. Surely the cleaning staff could have taken pictures with a cell phone of the “excess” dog hair on the counter tops. Did they not even stop to think if it even sounds plausible that there was dog hair on the counter tops? We had a nice time, but please BEWARE of the shady practices Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals.
graybeard

Ellijay, GA

#15 Feb 14, 2012
Stephany wrote:
We also had a disappointing experience the management of Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals. We just came back from a long awaited romantic getaway at “Blazing Saddles”. The cabin and view was beautiful and we were very happy that we were able to bring our dogs with us. There was no tv in the master bedroom even though the picture on their website shows a tv in the master bedroom. The heat didn't work well either, but we snuggled up to stay warm. The road up to the cabin was gravel and steep. If the weather had been worse I'm not sure that our car would have made it up to the cabin. Our dogs are very well behaved and they did not get on any of the furniture or the bed. When we packed up to leave, we stripped the bed of the linens, wiped down all of the counters in the kitchen, took out the trash, vacuumed the area rug in the living room and cleaned up all of the ashes in the fireplace. We went through the checklist and commented to each other how nice the cabin looked and that the cleaning staff should have a really easy time preparing for the next guests. We packed up the car and took pictures of the inside of the cabin to remind us of the nice time that we had. The next day we received an email stating the following:“Upon your departure, our cleaning staff noted that they had to clean up excess long white dog hair on the furniture, rugs, and counter tops. An additional cleaning fee charge of $20.00 has been added to your credit card as of today.” We were stunned, since we knew that this was positively not the case. When we expressed our disappointment with this we were only told that they were “extremely lenient with what guests leave behind and only charge them when the cleaner has to go above and beyond to get the cabin back up to standards for the next guest coming in.” They said to feel free to call them if we had any questions about this, yet our phone calls have not been returned. This is not just about $20.00. It is about being taken advantage of and poor business practices. If they are going to make such a claim, they should have some evidence to back it up. Surely the cleaning staff could have taken pictures with a cell phone of the “excess” dog hair on the counter tops. Did they not even stop to think if it even sounds plausible that there was dog hair on the counter tops? We had a nice time, but please BEWARE of the shady practices Morning Breeze Cabin Rentals.
Stop your credit card payment, bet they will make an effort to call you.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#16 Feb 14, 2012
Well, it looks like they lost a good customer. You sound like one of the desirables.
BreezyBrad

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Feb 15, 2012
Stephany wrote:
Maybe you don't have to "accommodate" multiple maids on top of a girlfriend too!
just wondering

Palm Bay, FL

#18 Feb 15, 2012
Has anyone stayed at sliding rock? Beware they only want the money and don't care if anything works.
MJake

Kennesaw, GA

#20 Jun 14, 2012
My family and I stayed at Bearadise Retreat last month and had an incredible time. The management at Morning Breeze was excellent and very responsive to all the questions I had. The check-in and out procedures were easy and quick. The cabin was very clean, beautiful, comfortable and everything Morning Breeze said it would be. To me, the gravel roads leading up to the cabin was fine and is part of the fun and experience, if I wanted paved roads and sidewalks I would have stayed at home. The three bedrooms were large enough for all six of us and having the jetted tub in the master and hot tub on the porch was a hit. We roasted marshmallows over the bonfire in the fire pit and hiked up and down the mountain with the kids. The best was the tubing adventure we took down the river, it was incredible. We are planning on coming back in the fall and will happily use Morning Breeze again and stay at Bearadise Retreat.
gunther

Miami, FL

#21 Jul 21, 2012
I know all about morning breeze beware ! raspy voice short tempered women runs its .
The will run your cabin into the ground and then tell you to screw off!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wtb a campground lot in coosawattee river resort (Jun '15) 8 hr CRRLotOwnerToo 83
Living in Ellijay 17 hr Trump2016 4
dhs in ellijay over the weekend 21 hr Pinky 11
Mature women 21 hr Pinky 14
Whitepath Lodge to become a Halfway House/Rehab Fri Fyi 59
Illegal Aliens in Gilmer (Apr '14) Feb 11 girlygirl 16
Football Fiasco Feb 11 Concerned 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellijay Mortgages