How Does 14.1% Tax Rate Equal Sociali...

How Does 14.1% Tax Rate Equal Socialism???

Posted in the Ellijay Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
working man

United States

#1 Sep 21, 2012
GoDawgs

Ellijay, GA

#2 Sep 21, 2012
working man wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/2 1/pf/taxes/romney-tax-return/i ndex.html
Because they take from the rich and give to the poor. Did you read the article? Most of his income is from investments that are only taxed at 15%. What was your effective tax rate?
Bigfoot

Ellijay, GA

#3 Sep 21, 2012
Working man...what is your point?

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#4 Sep 21, 2012
Romney paid nearly 3 million in taxes.

Romney paid another 4 million in charitable contributions.
Yes, his tax rate was pushed downward, due to the 30% of his income that he donated.

But he only claimed a deduction for 2.25 million of the 4 million he donated. Nice guy.

The 20 year summary is this; Romney donates on average, 13.45% of his adjusted gross income to charities.
Romney donates twice the rate of Obama, who donates a measly 7% on average.
A little known fact, the media won't tell you.

Did you hear the audio of Obama admitting he agrees with redistribution?(Socialism. I mean Communism)

And did you know, he taught a class for 12 years on Reparations and Black Studies?

God love him.
working man

United States

#5 Sep 21, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
Romney paid nearly 3 million in taxes.

Romney paid another 4 million in charitable contributions.
Yes, his tax rate was pushed downward, due to the 30% of his income that he donated.

But he only claimed a deduction for 2.25 million of the 4 million he donated. Nice guy.

The 20 year summary is this; Romney donates on average, 13.45% of his adjusted gross income to charities.
Romney donates twice the rate of Obama, who donates a measly 7% on average.
A little known fact, the media won't tell you.

Did you hear the audio of Obama admitting he agrees with redistribution?(Socialism. I mean Communism)

And did you know, he taught a class for 12 years on Reparations and Black Studies?

God love him.
Heck, he should be donating a lot more than that with that kind of income.
working man

United States

#6 Sep 21, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
Romney paid nearly 3 million in taxes.

Romney paid another 4 million in charitable contributions.
Yes, his tax rate was pushed downward, due to the 30% of his income that he donated.

But he only claimed a deduction for 2.25 million of the 4 million he donated. Nice guy.

The 20 year summary is this; Romney donates on average, 13.45% of his adjusted gross income to charities.
Romney donates twice the rate of Obama, who donates a measly 7% on average.
A little known fact, the media won't tell you.

Did you hear the audio of Obama admitting he agrees with redistribution?(Socialism. I mean Communism)

And did you know, he taught a class for 12 years on Reparations and Black Studies?

God love him.
I just don't trust the guy. He's a phony, not to mention in a cult. He is out of touch with the common man. No, Obama isn't perfect, but Romney is no better.
GoDawgs

Ellijay, GA

#7 Sep 21, 2012
working man wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, he should be donating a lot more than that with that kind of income.
How much do you donate to charity? I am sure it is no where near 30% of your income. You probably do not even donate 3% of your income and your effective tax rate is probably a negative number. What government checks do you receive?
GoDawgs

Ellijay, GA

#8 Sep 21, 2012
working man wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't trust the guy. He's a phony, not to mention in a cult. He is out of touch with the common man. No, Obama isn't perfect, but Romney is no better.
Please enlighten us on what cult he is in.
Bigfoot

Ellijay, GA

#9 Sep 21, 2012
working man wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, he should be donating a lot more than that with that kind of income.
Wow....some people are just too stupid to be allowed to vote!
found

Ellijay, GA

#10 Sep 21, 2012
working man wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't trust the guy. He's a phony, not to mention in a cult. He is out of touch with the common man. No, Obama isn't perfect, but Romney is no better.
#1, you, as an American, have the right to express your opinion on any matter, therefore, the first opinion that you "don't trust the guy" is spot on....you have right to trust or distrust anyone.#2He is a phony, once again, your own opinion, however, I then have to ask, "What about the the trust issue with the moron in the White House right now, who is bankrupting the US of A, and so casually lying about anything and everythig." Then you say "he is a phony"....Romney's ideology, as Obama's, has "evolved" over the years, so at worst, two phonies.Then this thing about a cult....I suppose I would agree on that somewhat, but, what about Rev.Jeremiah Wright's and black liberation theology!
working man

United States

#11 Sep 21, 2012
found wrote:
<quoted text>#1, you, as an American, have the right to express your opinion on any matter, therefore, the first opinion that you "don't trust the guy" is spot on....you have right to trust or distrust anyone.#2He is a phony, once again, your own opinion, however, I then have to ask, "What about the the trust issue with the moron in the White House right now, who is bankrupting the US of A, and so casually lying about anything and everythig." Then you say "he is a phony"....Romney's ideology, as Obama's, has "evolved" over the years, so at worst, two phonies.Then this thing about a cult....I suppose I would agree on that somewhat, but, what about Rev.Jeremiah Wright's and black liberation theology!
I'm not here to take up for Obama. I think both choices are pretty disheartening.
working man

United States

#12 Sep 21, 2012
GoDawgs wrote:
<quoted text>How much do you donate to charity? I am sure it is no where near 30% of your income. You probably do not even donate 3% of your income and your effective tax rate is probably a negative number. What government checks do you receive?
False assumptions my friend. Go Dawgs!
Fratmen Gunther

Midlothian, TX

#13 Sep 21, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
Romney paid another 4 million in charitable contributions.

God love him.
Giving $4M to the Mormon Church doesn't really do much good to the average American.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#14 Sep 21, 2012
"Heck, he should be donating a lot more than that with that kind of income. "

""Giving $4M to the Mormon Church doesn't really do much good to the average American.""

~~~~~~~~~~

I think you two should donate your cars to your nearest poor neighbors.
Or at the very least, give 10% of your paychecks to them for gas money. It's only fair since you have more than they have.

If you two toil all summer long in personal gardens out your back door, I think you two should invite your poor neighbors over and sit them down in the shade with a cool drink, while you harvest half your garden and give the food to them. Share the wealth.

If you have children in school and they earn excellent grades, your kids need to give up some of their GPA points to the lower scorer kids. You know, even the playing field.

I think you should practice what you preach, before demanding others do first.

And God Bless you.

found

Ellijay, GA

#15 Sep 21, 2012
[Giving $4M to the Mormon Church doesn't really do much good to the average American.[/Since 1985, LDS Charities (aka Humanitarian Services) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has provided aid regardless of cultural or religious boundaries. Emergency assistance is provided through the Humanitarian Aid Fund, and long-term aid is provided through major initiatives such as clean water, wheelchairs, neonatal resuscitation training, vision care, immunization, food production, and a variety of local area initiatives.Doesn't do much good to average American, but charitable giving to anyone is commendable.
Two tenets of humanitarian aid define LDS Charities: 1) One hundred percent of every dollar donated is used to help those in need without regard to race, religion, or ethnic origin, and 2) LDS Charities helps people attain self-sufficiency so they can be self-reliant long after LDS Charities departs.
In 2011, help was provided to more than 2 million people in 132 countries. Currently we are receiving donations for:
•Humanitarian Aid Fund
•Clean Water
•Wheelchairs
•Neonatal Resuscitation Training
•Vision Care
•Food Production & Nutrition
QUOTE]

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#16 Sep 21, 2012
That was informative, Found.

I flat out admit that I know next to nothing about Mormons. And as long as that religion does not want to kill other people, I'm simply not concerned.

I know where my Heaven is, and I'm the only one that I should worry about.
I figure we'll all end up in the same place, anyway.

I did hear something impressive last week.
Because of the donations, the cost of education, room and board at BYU is only $5k a semester.

I did not know that. And that is really cheap tuition, versus $50k+ a year at an Ivy League school.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#17 Sep 22, 2012
working man wrote:
Heck, he should be donating a lot more than that with that kind of income.
The parasites upon society have turned charity into an obligation.

In this way, ingrates can receive the benefits of someone else's generosity, without having to say "thanks".
Jesus is the Answer

United States

#18 Sep 22, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
I flat out admit that I know next to nothing about Mormons. And as long as that religion does not want to kill other people, I'm simply not concerned.

I know where my Heaven is, and I'm the only one that I should worry about.
I figure we'll all end up in the same place, anyway.
No, we should all worry about the souls of others. It is our duty. Mark 16:15-16. We will either end up in heaven or hell! We have a choice.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#19 Sep 22, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
That was informative, Found.
I flat out admit that I know next to nothing about Mormons. And as long as that religion does not want to kill other people, I'm simply not concerned.
I know where my Heaven is, and I'm the only one that I should worry about.
I figure we'll all end up in the same place, anyway.
I did hear something impressive last week.
Because of the donations, the cost of education, room and board at BYU is only $5k a semester.
I did not know that. And that is really cheap tuition, versus $50k+ a year at an Ivy League school.
Ego anytime a school and a religion come together their is a significant price to pay. Like most things in life if it really sounds to good to be true it probably is. i like keeping my religion separate from most other things.
Boss Hogg

Ellijay, GA

#20 Sep 22, 2012
I have no answers but I do have some questions:

What is the purpose of having off shore bank accounts?

How much of what you make from an off shore account do you have to report to the US?

When returning from a tax-deductible working vacation on the island where the off-shore account is, how much can each member of a traveling party bring back in cash without having to report it and how often can they do this? I think it used to be $10,000 per person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr SL 21,336
Larry Vincent Georgia Power 7 hr Why 4
Keisha Lance Bottoms 17 hr Monger 1
Paddock Probably A Former Cop... 17 hr ThomasA is uber gay 129
Fannin football (Aug '16) 20 hr REBEL4EVER 154
take care of business Fri bob 1
custom necklace Fri nice 2

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellijay Mortgages