pool room what happen
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wwf

Ellijay, GA

#1 Jan 14, 2012
where did woff creek an the blue door go.
Harmon Wages

Jasper, GA

#2 Jan 14, 2012
Wolf Creek is relocating to the old "Charlie's"
spot off of Maddox Drive.

Don't know about Blue Door.
wwf

Ellijay, GA

#3 Jan 14, 2012
what happen.
dc

Ellijay, GA

#4 Jan 14, 2012
wwf wrote:
what happen.
I heard that James Dover(I think) bought that building and is gonna turn the whole place into a fancy rest. upstairs and down
Nurse

Ellijay, GA

#5 Jan 14, 2012
Alan Dover and his father-in-law have bought the building I heard and yes its supposed to be a fancy restaurant.
graybeard

Ellijay, GA

#6 Jan 14, 2012
Nurse wrote:
Alan Dover and his father-in-law have bought the building I heard and yes its supposed to be a fancy restaurant.
A fancy restaurant in Ellijay ...... how does that make sense?
radio

Ellijay, GA

#7 Jan 15, 2012
It doesn't
wwf

Ellijay, GA

#8 Jan 15, 2012
selling stock in it.
Bob

Ellijay, GA

#9 Jan 15, 2012
Alan (or Allen) Dover bought it.
DOC

Ellijay, GA

#10 Jan 15, 2012
Wasn't he on the Board of Directors of Gilmer County Bank?
graybeard

Ellijay, GA

#11 Jan 15, 2012
DOC wrote:
Wasn't he on the Board of Directors of Gilmer County Bank?
Weren't Dover and Chastain working together on business projects? Seems they were.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#12 Jan 15, 2012
Nurse wrote:
Does this mean I have to wear shoes?
Zip

Ellijay, GA

#13 Jan 15, 2012
Chastain probably did the surveying for his failed real estate ventures.
wwf

Ellijay, GA

#14 Jan 15, 2012
maybe everyone that had stock in gcb can eat free.
Joe

Ellijay, GA

#15 Jan 15, 2012
That would be alot of food.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#16 Jan 16, 2012
Someone is peanut crazy.(rolling my eyes)

These Topix 'judge its' are plain stupid. But whatev.
mountainlady56

United States

#18 Jan 16, 2012
Jim Stover's posted on FB that Blue Door will be back, in the spring, "bigger and better", and that he's at Woodland Realty, for now. So, I guess that Blue Door will be using the entire building.
Overdrive

Ellijay, GA

#19 Jan 16, 2012
funny place wrote:
Putting A fancy restaurant in Ellijay would be like putting lipstick on a pig.
Someone will one day get wise and open a fun place, not a fancy place. And in fun, I certainly do not mean "chucky Cheese hell"
I mean a place that has 6 different killer hamburgers, meat loaf that you would not want your mother to know about, mac and cheese and the emphasis is on cheese, hand cut actually crispy french fries, Yankee pot roast that would make a Southerner cry, lip smackin, finger lickin and you don't care who watches you eat them baby backs, "cold" draft beer, steamed and roasted veggies that are actually done and seasoned well, and a couple signature desserts and maybe some off the charts chicken and wings. Put it all in a come as you are and meet new people type of place with some good music and maybe you may have a place that folks would actually come to.
Julee's is certainly a great place to take your parents or your kids and they have really good food and the price is very reasonable. But it is a sit down be quite type of place.

Southern Twist, have not been so no comment.

Charlie's is good for Italian and that is just what they do, no need to have a yahoo going on. They have a great place a great food.

Wolf Creek has great que and that is what they do.

Blue Door is the kind of place you go to when you are in the mountains and just want to go taste the local life for a while.

Mucho's is one fantastic place to eat Mexican.

Mike's and White Columns is just real good local spots. Incredible meat and three.

And The Cajun Depot Grill is an incredible fun place to go...I just can't afford to go much.

I see folks each week that what they think they want when they get to the mountains is fancy. They stop at Ingles and get all of the fancy hor dourves and when they leave on Monday all of them are still in the fridge. And must be the same with a "fancy" eatery as, at least since I have lived here, the only thing any of them have ever been known for is their high price and crappy service.
Banker

Ellijay, GA

#20 Jan 16, 2012
Overdrive I agree with you on all except Julees and Wolf Creek and if you still haven't been to Southern Twist don't waste your time.
Yo Momma

Ellijay, GA

#21 Jan 16, 2012
We need a FuddRuckers!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The last solar eclipse to impact metro Atlanta ... 1 hr Pistol Pete 2
The gonna remove stone mountain next 3 hr Please read this 38
The Weather Channel (Jan '10) 8 hr 12th Man 46
Please don't marry him Sun Leslie 4
Depression, pain n anxiety treatment; Sat junkie 2
Bobcats Sat Dead Pool 3
Blue Ridge Complainers Sat Rex 19

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance