|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
50 is old?
I think we're too divided for those large numbers you're looking for.
How about this. When you register to vote, you label yourself D or R. Then you're treated as a D or R.
If you're a D, you get the big taxes, you get the welfare, you get the freebies that all the other D's pay into. You hand in your guns. That is non negotiable.
You vote in your own elections, dead folks and all.
D's get to change the Constitution, to better reflect their values, also.
You get everything you want and believe in, from other D's.
If you're an R, you get a smaller government. You pay less tax, pay your way come good times or bad; no welfare for them.
Your R businesses have the low regulations, we keep our guns, and we line our borders with big men with big guns.
And we vote in our own elections, voter ID required.
R's preserve the Constitution and don't ever try to interpret it.
And we're all happy!
It certainly ain't young. You are probably right about being divided and large numbers. But until that changes we will be like we are now. I believe in the right to arm your self. I believe in voter Id.(If you don't have Id you don't vote). I believe the government should honor it's obligations(Social Security). You paid the money in and you should receive it back period. I believe when at all possible we help the less fortunate in our society. I say all this as a single person with no kids, and pay a large school tax each year. While watching couples pop out kids one after another that pay no school taxes at all. How would you make that situation fair. I would really like an answer on the last one.
East Town

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>So do you believe that there should be some kind of assistance for the elderly that can't purchase their food or medicine. Should these same elderly people send in Federal tax, while going with out medications that they need, while the ultra rich continue to get take breaks. What about the very young and babies. This is one I have never understood the Republicans view on. They oppose birth control, abortion and so on, but then bitch about help support the low income kids. I would think they would be at the head of the line handing out condoms. Let's see a couple dollars a month for condoms versus 500 a month in food stamps, not to mention health care for 18 years.
Anyone drawing social security and or a lets say for example teachers retirement check and still holds with the republicans is a darn fool, Since they want it all cut out....Even though WE PAY in social security.
Boo Bear

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

The whole problem lies with Obama being a Muslim.Because of this he supports what's these dudes are doing over there.WAKE UP AMERICA! OUR WALLS ARE BEING TORN DOWN BY OUR OWN PRESIDENT!

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>It certainly ain't young. You are probably right about being divided and large numbers. But until that changes we will be like we are now. I believe in the right to arm your self. I believe in voter Id.(If you don't have Id you don't vote). I believe the government should honor it's obligations(Social Security). You paid the money in and you should receive it back period. I believe when at all possible we help the less fortunate in our society. I say all this as a single person with no kids, and pay a large school tax each year. While watching couples pop out kids one after another that pay no school taxes at all. How would you make that situation fair. I would really like an answer on the last one.
See? It wouldn't work.

How about this;
We erase 200 years of Executive orders and stupid laws and start clean from the writing of the Constitution?

Now a smart a$$ like -you know who- will say, "Oh right! Racist Repubs would enforce slavery again..."

I won't answer to that.

You ask how we would take care of the truly desperate, without government forced welfare.
Like we used to. Neighbor helping neighbor.
And when was the last time a father took his son aside, and said, "Son, you got that girl pregnant. Now you have to be a man and take care of them."

Do fathers even tell their sons that, anymore? Or do they say, "She should have been using the pill. You don't have to ruin your life and tie yourself to a girl you don't love. The state will make sure they are fed."

Lastly. I knew a woman who was an staunch Atheist/Liberal. She is a New York charity organizer. She's good at her job, she raises a lot of money from a lot of rich people. She's paid by the government.
During an argument, I pointed out that Republicans give the most in charity. A fact I had ingrained in my head and was ready to argue to the death.
She simply agreed with me.

There's your answer. Neighbor helping neighbor, out of our naturally giving and loving hearts. It's human and it's what humans do.
There is no honor in redistribution of wealth.

“Airhead”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

East Town wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone drawing social security and or a lets say for example teachers retirement check and still holds with the republicans is a darn fool, Since they want it all cut out....Even though WE PAY in social security.
Wow. You thought hard and long on that one.

:|

(Do you recall that SS was never supposed to be used the way it's used today? An automatic paycheck for everyone?)

“Airhead”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Boo Bear wrote:
The whole problem lies with Obama being a Muslim.Because of this he supports what's these dudes are doing over there.WAKE UP AMERICA! OUR WALLS ARE BEING TORN DOWN BY OUR OWN PRESIDENT!
Boo~ I'm still out on the he's a Muslim, thing. He WAS during his early years in Indonesia, yes, but did attend a black Christian church, for 20 years.

I will agree that he is in deep in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Obama is an all-purpose puppet.

He can be a loving husband.
Or a brutha on the down low.

He can be black, and rap with Ludicrous.
Or he can be white, and play golf on Martha's Vineyard.

He can be a Christian.
Or a Muslim.

He can be Hawaiian, Indonesian, Kenyan or American.

Or none of the above.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
See? It wouldn't work.
How about this;
We erase 200 years of Executive orders and stupid laws and start clean from the writing of the Constitution?
Now a smart a$$ like -you know who- will say, "Oh right! Racist Repubs would enforce slavery again..."
I won't answer to that.
You ask how we would take care of the truly desperate, without government forced welfare.
Like we used to. Neighbor helping neighbor.
And when was the last time a father took his son aside, and said, "Son, you got that girl pregnant. Now you have to be a man and take care of them."
Do fathers even tell their sons that, anymore? Or do they say, "She should have been using the pill. You don't have to ruin your life and tie yourself to a girl you don't love. The state will make sure they are fed."
Lastly. I knew a woman who was an staunch Atheist/Liberal. She is a New York charity organizer. She's good at her job, she raises a lot of money from a lot of rich people. She's paid by the government.
During an argument, I pointed out that Republicans give the most in charity. A fact I had ingrained in my head and was ready to argue to the death.
She simply agreed with me.
There's your answer. Neighbor helping neighbor, out of our naturally giving and loving hearts. It's human and it's what humans do.
There is no honor in redistribution of wealth.
You do really over simplify things. I give you an example. I know this couple, who had 3 kids , before the husband got sent to prison and the wife divorced him. Husband stayed in prison roughly 5 years. The x wife collected roughly 500 a month in food stamps and received peach care for children. Do you really think that her neighbors were going to help feed her kids and keep electricity on. Now x husband is out of prison and is paying child support, but the kids still qualify for food stamps and peach care. The beginning of their marriage was great husband worked made extremely good money, had a very nice house and several acres of land. When they divorced they had nothing. So you have a divorced mother with 3 kids ranging from 1 to 9 years in age. So you still say the neighbors would have helped. 500 x 12 months is 6000 dollars x 5 years = 30,000 dollars in food. I don't really think my neighbors would be so generous.
boB

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Reality Now wrote:
Obama is an all-purpose puppet.
He can be a loving husband.
Or a brutha on the down low.
He can be black, and rap with Ludicrous.
Or he can be white, and play golf on Martha's Vineyard.
He can be a Christian.
Or a Muslim.
He can be Hawaiian, Indonesian, Kenyan or American.
Or none of the above.
Woops you forgot 1--- Total dumbass moron.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

turniptown wrote:
You do really over simplify things. I give you an example. I know this couple, who had 3 kids , before the husband got sent to prison and the wife divorced him. Husband stayed in prison roughly 5 years. The x wife collected roughly 500 a month in food stamps and received peach care for children. Do you really think that her neighbors were going to help feed her kids and keep electricity on. Now x husband is out of prison and is paying child support, but the kids still qualify for food stamps and peach care. The beginning of their marriage was great husband worked made extremely good money, had a very nice house and several acres of land. When they divorced they had nothing. So you have a divorced mother with 3 kids ranging from 1 to 9 years in age. So you still say the neighbors would have helped. 500 x 12 months is 6000 dollars x 5 years = 30,000 dollars in food. I don't really think my neighbors would be so generous.
You've presented a set of facts regarding a broken family.

Now present the argument WHY the mother and her 3 children ought to be cared for with other people's money taken by coercion.

“Airhead”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Reality Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Now present the argument WHY the mother and her 3 children ought to be cared for with other people's money taken by coercion.
Turnip, I was going to say something very similar to what Reality wrote.
But I would have done it in 2567+ words and rambled on and branched off in sub-subjects. Or predicates.

But don't you see what our Nanny state has done, here? A woman with 3 kids and no husband, is a victim? Totally incapable of working and paying her own bills, like a big girl?

“Airhead”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

BTW!!!!

OhmyGodohmyGodohmyGod!!!!!

Obama said, "I actually believe in redistribution"

I'm so verklempt! I'm having apopkexy!!

Discuss.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

East Town

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Social scurity is funded mainly by DEDICATED PAYROLL TAX and currently keeps 40% of Amerians out of poverty, Most GOP members do thier best to make it out to be nothing more than a welfare plan, By shaming anyone eligible they hope to get thier hands on this money to use elsewhere, I suggest all so called republicans to give up any social security and or govt retirement benefits they may recieve or have coming, Put some conviction in your strong republican beliefs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

Reality Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether You or I believe they should be feed is beside the point. Society will not let young children go hungry. Yes thee was numerous mistakes made in this family, but this is only one out of thousands in this condition.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
Turnip, I was going to say something very similar to what Reality wrote.
But I would have done it in 2567+ words and rambled on and branched off in sub-subjects. Or predicates.
But don't you see what our Nanny state has done, here? A woman with 3 kids and no husband, is a victim? Totally incapable of working and paying her own bills, like a big girl?
It doesn't matter how hard this woman works she would still need assistance until the kids were at least teenagers. I am not saying this is right far from it. What I am saying as long as we continue having these cases there will be a safety net for the kids whether you like it or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

East Town wrote:
Social scurity is funded mainly by DEDICATED PAYROLL TAX and currently keeps 40% of Amerians out of poverty, Most GOP members do thier best to make it out to be nothing more than a welfare plan, By shaming anyone eligible they hope to get thier hands on this money to use elsewhere, I suggest all so called republicans to give up any social security and or govt retirement benefits they may recieve or have coming, Put some conviction in your strong republican beliefs.
That is a good point. I doubt that many will take you up on it though.
East Town

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. You thought hard and long on that one.
:|
(Do you recall that SS was never supposed to be used the way it's used today? An automatic paycheck for everyone?)
Yeah, Well thats better than never thinking at all. The republican way, Never read all the way through, Twist and turn history to re enforce a lie, And last but not least! Always depend on the stupidity of weaker Americans to make you look good.
East Town

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>Whether You or I believe they should be feed is beside the point. Society will not let young children go hungry. Yes thee was numerous mistakes made in this family, but this is only one out of thousands in this condition.
Son, Let me give a young man some sound advice, What makes one lawyer better than the other is because he dont leave a stone unturned, If your gonna argue with these folks then read and study hard on the subject, Then come back and kick thier teeth in. They will still tell you how your wrong and they are right, But you will have satisfaction.
Boss Hogg

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

To all concerned:

There are plenty of places in the world that do not have welfare or safety nets. All those places are third world. Every prosperous economy has safety nets and welfare for those who truly need it. I agree that many here are getting checks that should not. My daughter works in welfare fraud in another state. That state is prosecuting those who are playing the system as they should but they are not cutting out those who truly need the services.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Ellijay Forum right now

Search the Ellijay Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr rename 39,643
CoC forum 1 hr MountainScott 3
We Made It !!! 1 hr Gilmer Inquirer 1
Snider versus Ralston 9 hr MountainScott 76
What society can live, that destroys its own ch... 9 hr MountainScott 2
Park on McCutchen 16 hr buckbuck mountain 12
Jerry W, Jerry W, Jerry W 20 hr buckbuck mountain 6
•••
•••

Ellijay News Video

•••
•••

Ellijay Jobs