Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Judged:

Considering you need roughly 51% to be elected, I would think he would refrain from making these kind of remarks. Lets see that only leaves him 3-4% of voters to work with.... I really don't see were he will draw voters from. After just reading last year that 22% of Americans that don't pay Federal tax are retirees that is a large block of voters to insult. I know they all can't be Obama supporters... not yet anyway.
jackrabbit

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

turniptown wrote:
Considering you need roughly 51% to be elected, I would think he would refrain from making these kind of remarks. Lets see that only leaves him 3-4% of voters to work with.... I really don't see were he will draw voters from. After just reading last year that 22% of Americans that don't pay Federal tax are retirees that is a large block of voters to insult. I know they all can't be Obama supporters... not yet anyway.
Lets all hope they aren't going to.....

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Judged:

And why waste his time? He's not going to turn these people. Why would they vote against their free meal ticket?

Why would the 47% on public welfare, vote out Obama who lifted the work requirement? It's free money!

Free cell phones. Free food. Free rent. Free utilities. Free child care. Free medical. Free necessity money. Free diaper money. Free college.
Free birth control aaaaaaand when that fails, free abortion.

Free to not be bothered that it takes 16 Americans to fully support 1 American.

Why vote Romney? Who wants to freaking work for a living, when Toddlers & Tiaras is on.

Real men don't vote for Dictators.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

EgoBrain wrote:
And why waste his time? He's not going to turn these people. Why would they vote against their free meal ticket?
Why would the 47% on public welfare, vote out Obama who lifted the work requirement? It's free money!
Free cell phones. Free food. Free rent. Free utilities. Free child care. Free medical. Free necessity money. Free diaper money. Free college.
Free birth control aaaaaaand when that fails, free abortion.
Free to not be bothered that it takes 16 Americans to fully support 1 American.
Why vote Romney? Who wants to freaking work for a living, when Toddlers & Tiaras is on.
Real men don't vote for Dictators.
There is the problem with our country. Neither democrat or republican can get better than 50% approval. Until we have someone that can command a majority approval among the citizens of this country(a lot more than 50%) we are going to be divided the way we are now, and nothing will be done. Either party needs to find some one that can govern more from the center. I really do hate to even turn the news on anymore and hear the bickering. My one hope is no matter which one wins in November, let be by double digits, no nail biter.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

EgoBrain wrote:
The trouble is, Whitey has finally figured this out.

As long as there were jobs, Whitey bought into the American Dream, renovated the kitchen, painted the fence, and mowed the lawn.

But then he was dumbeddown, overtaxed, underpaid, outsourced, and downsized.

Now he's like a bewildered gerbil, desperately looking for someone to start the wheel spinning.
Gary

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

I don't know if I would be putting too much stock in poll numbers that are put out by the media who makes no secret about whose corner they are in. Smoke and mirrors got him elected in '08.....let's just see if it works in '12. I could be dead wrong and he may get re-elected but if he does, then this country will get just what it asks for and deservingly so.
Look at this

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Reality Now wrote:
<quoted text>
The trouble is, Whitey has finally figured this out.
As long as there were jobs, Whitey bought into the American Dream, renovated the kitchen, painted the fence, and mowed the lawn.
But then he was dumbeddown, overtaxed, underpaid, outsourced, and downsized.
Now he's like a bewildered gerbil, desperately looking for someone to start the wheel spinning.
I would suggest that if there are folks that have not yet seen the movie "Idiocracy" to do so. It is most likely one of the dumbest movies you will ever watch and for the most of the movie you will think "why in the hell am I watching this?" until it is over and it hits you that we are headed there right now and all because of the dumbing down of society. It is written as a comedy / spoof and has a good cast. Plot is basically the government takes a not to bright individual and chryogenically hibernates him and then forgets about him and finally brings him back 500 years in the future and he then becomes most likely the most intelligent person alive.
passing out clues

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

Ego...

I am over handouts myself, but I like the idea of free abortions. Hell, I may start paying for some if it will keep more people off the government tit.

“Airhead”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Look at this wrote:
...brings him back 500 years in the future and he then becomes most likely the most intelligent person alive.
This is probably the most thought provoking sentence of the year.
Maybe decade, cause I know I'll be thinking about this for a long time.

~~
I'm wondering already, why everywhere I go today, the discussion is on what Romney said.
It's like on 9-11 last week, NBC skipped the minute of silence in order to interview a Kardashian. How dumbed down are our priorities now?

We have QE3 and unlimited money being fabricated and spent, the Blind Sheikh possibly being released AFTER the election, the Mid East on fire, questions on why that Diplomat was possibly fed like a lamb to the lions, unemployment over 8% for how long now?

And the discussions everywhere fall to;

Did you hear what Romney said about people who don't pay taxes?
Did you hear how arrogant Romney sounded after the Embassy was attacked?
Romney gave a guy a haircut....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
This is probably the most thought provoking sentence of the year.
Maybe decade, cause I know I'll be thinking about this for a long time.
~~
I'm wondering already, why everywhere I go today, the discussion is on what Romney said.
It's like on 9-11 last week, NBC skipped the minute of silence in order to interview a Kardashian. How dumbed down are our priorities now?
We have QE3 and unlimited money being fabricated and spent, the Blind Sheikh possibly being released AFTER the election, the Mid East on fire, questions on why that Diplomat was possibly fed like a lamb to the lions, unemployment over 8% for how long now?
And the discussions everywhere fall to;
Did you hear what Romney said about people who don't pay taxes?
Did you hear how arrogant Romney sounded after the Embassy was attacked?
Romney gave a guy a haircut....
Take a deep breath. It will be okay. The only thing of interest to me about what Romney said is his view on the less fortunate among us. Of course, I already had a fair understanding of this. He does come off as arrogant. If you were worth 256 million dollars you probably would have the same attitude.
go mitt

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>Take a deep breath. It will be okay. The only thing of interest to me about what Romney said is his view on the less fortunate among us. Of course, I already had a fair understanding of this. He does come off as arrogant. If you were worth 256 million dollars you probably would have the same attitude.
I believe a man of his intelligence and success has little tolerance for laziness and excuses....he only wants people to take care of themselves...as well as THE 53 percent of us that pay taxes...MITT for president
working man

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

turniptown wrote:
Romney is not worried about 97%...of Americans. Just worried about his multi-millionaire and billionaire buddies.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>There is the problem with our country. Neither democrat or republican can get better than 50% approval. Until we have someone that can command a majority approval among the citizens of this country(a lot more than 50%) we are going to be divided the way we are now, and nothing will be done. Either party needs to find some one that can govern more from the center. I really do hate to even turn the news on anymore and hear the bickering. My one hope is no matter which one wins in November, let be by double digits, no nail biter.
TT may I ask how old you are? I think it would be extremely important to know. Your post here is really important as it reflects exactly where we are and sums up the problem.

However, how would, what you said needs to happen, ever be able to happen? I think you are exactly right, we need a lot more than 50% approval of something. But under what circumstances would a significant portion of the 50% democrat vote ever vote republican? And, vice versa. If a large portion of republicans chose to vote democrat this time, considering the major debt, how could we continue to provide for the 48% on public assistance?

And, if a significant number of the dems vote for the republican, what will happen to the 20% that might no longer be qualified for public assistance?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

EgoBrain wrote:
How dumbed down are our priorities now?
Consider a chicken house, with say 50,000 chickens.
Water, drugs and food are robotically dispensed on cue.

This is not how chickens would naturally live.

Keeping the chickens sedated is a MAJOR task.
If they panic, they all go nuts and thousands can smother to death in minutes.

And so it is with humans.

Modern "life" is not how people would naturally live.

A steady diet of Kardashians, Prozac, Ritalin, starlets with wardrobe malfunctions, elections for the next American Idol, JLOs, LILOs, LOLOs, Snoop Dogs, Boss Hoggs, and semi-naked white wimmens Dancing with the Diversities, keeps America sedated.

If the people ever thought about how crappy their life had become, they'd revolt.

George Carlin explained it best.**
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

** Caution strong language

MISSFIT

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

turniptown wrote:
Romney should be worried. he will not win the major votes of the states that he needs like (my home state of ohio) especially those of women voters. he will lose. period. lucky for him he has enough money to lose on the lookie me "Im running for president game".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

procon1 wrote:
<quoted text>
TT may I ask how old you are? I think it would be extremely important to know. Your post here is really important as it reflects exactly where we are and sums up the problem.
However, how would, what you said needs to happen, ever be able to happen? I think you are exactly right, we need a lot more than 50% approval of something. But under what circumstances would a significant portion of the 50% democrat vote ever vote republican? And, vice versa. If a large portion of republicans chose to vote democrat this time, considering the major debt, how could we continue to provide for the 48% on public assistance?
And, if a significant number of the dems vote for the republican, what will happen to the 20% that might no longer be qualified for public assistance?
First question, I am brushing the 50 year old mark. So my interest do tend to lean toward older Americans. I do remember a time, not recently, when the president usually won by at least double digits. I know that I am probably living in a fantasy world, but the fringe elements from both parties have way to much influence now days. Social issues that I consider personal in nature keep driving policies now a days. We need to narrow down these issues to the basics; were I would hope we could get a majority 60% plus to agree. Just look at the abortion issue this has been going on for 40 years, and still no end in sight. Now we have gay marriage, which shows all the signs of being a hot issue button for the next 40 years. Now while these are important issues, when is enough enough. These are very personal issues, but they end up dividing the country. I just randomly picked these two topics, there are numerous others.

“Airhead”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>Take a deep breath. It will be okay. The only thing of interest to me about what Romney said is his view on the less fortunate among us. Of course, I already had a fair understanding of this. He does come off as arrogant. If you were worth 256 million dollars you probably would have the same attitude.
Breath in....hhhhHHHHHHH
Breath out...HHHHhhhhhhhhhhh

I feel better now :)

He's not arrogant. I cannot believe I say this, for he was my LAST choice in both elections. Last. Dead last.

He's not arrogant, he's a humble man. He's a good man. Maybe not my ideal politician, but a good man.
I am much more conservative than he is. And I will guarantee myself, that he, if elected, will piss me off a time or two or three. I know he will, cause he's already done it. But he's not in Obama's league. Mitt has not driven us to ruin.
Time to give someone else a chance.

Least you can do, before calling him arrogant or only looking out for millionaires, is look into the man. If I listened to the media, I would probably call Mitt arrogant, too. They're good at what they do.
Instead, I listen to them conspire on a hit mic, to ruin him.

I'm worth all of $10, and I carry Mitt's attitude, too. I'm actually uglier in my words than Mitt. And poorer.

So don't vote for me!

“Airhead”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Reality Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider a chicken house, with say 50,000 chickens.
Water, drugs and food are robotically dispensed on cue.
This is not how chickens would naturally live.
Keeping the chickens sedated is a MAJOR task.
If they panic, they all go nuts and thousands can smother to death in minutes.
And so it is with humans.
Modern "life" is not how people would naturally live.
A steady diet of Kardashians, Prozac, Ritalin, starlets with wardrobe malfunctions, elections for the next American Idol, JLOs, LILOs, LOLOs, Snoop Dogs, Boss Hoggs, and semi-naked white wimmens Dancing with the Diversities, keeps America sedated.
If the people ever thought about how crappy their life had become, they'd revolt.
George Carlin explained it best.**
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
** Caution strong language
I agree.

And I love Carlin. Loved Carlin :(

“Airhead”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>First question, I am brushing the 50 year old mark. So my interest do tend to lean toward older Americans.
50 is old?

I think we're too divided for those large numbers you're looking for.
How about this. When you register to vote, you label yourself D or R. Then you're treated as a D or R.
If you're a D, you get the big taxes, you get the welfare, you get the freebies that all the other D's pay into. You hand in your guns. That is non negotiable.
You vote in your own elections, dead folks and all.
D's get to change the Constitution, to better reflect their values, also.
You get everything you want and believe in, from other D's.

If you're an R, you get a smaller government. You pay less tax, pay your way come good times or bad; no welfare for them.
Your R businesses have the low regulations, we keep our guns, and we line our borders with big men with big guns.
And we vote in our own elections, voter ID required.
R's preserve the Constitution and don't ever try to interpret it.

And we're all happy!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
Breath in....hhhhHHHHHHH
Breath out...HHHHhhhhhhhhhhh
I feel better now :)
He's not arrogant. I cannot believe I say this, for he was my LAST choice in both elections. Last. Dead last.
He's not arrogant, he's a humble man. He's a good man. Maybe not my ideal politician, but a good man.
I am much more conservative than he is. And I will guarantee myself, that he, if elected, will piss me off a time or two or three. I know he will, cause he's already done it. But he's not in Obama's league. Mitt has not driven us to ruin.
Time to give someone else a chance.
Least you can do, before calling him arrogant or only looking out for millionaires, is look into the man. If I listened to the media, I would probably call Mitt arrogant, too. They're good at what they do.
Instead, I listen to them conspire on a hit mic, to ruin him.
I'm worth all of $10, and I carry Mitt's attitude, too. I'm actually uglier in my words than Mitt. And poorer.
So don't vote for me!
So do you believe that there should be some kind of assistance for the elderly that can't purchase their food or medicine. Should these same elderly people send in Federal tax, while going with out medications that they need, while the ultra rich continue to get take breaks. What about the very young and babies. This is one I have never understood the Republicans view on. They oppose birth control, abortion and so on, but then bitch about help support the low income kids. I would think they would be at the head of the line handing out condoms. Let's see a couple dollars a month for condoms versus 500 a month in food stamps, not to mention health care for 18 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Ellijay Forum right now

Search the Ellijay Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 15 min General Robert E Lee 49,746
Southside Auto Parts 1 hr Boomerang 2
Coosawattee River Resort Ripping Off Owners (Apr '07) 3 hr Mary L 10,716
Over Inflated Property Taxes!!! 14 hr local patron 14
Dorsey's wife now new finance director 14 hr local patron 8
SACS investigates Gilmer BOE 17 hr Karl 139
Debbie Dooodely 17 hr Karl 5
•••
•••

Ellijay News Video

•••
•••

Ellijay Jobs