Dear Obama, About That LTC Commission...

Dear Obama, About That LTC Commission....

Posted in the Ellijay Forum

You-Know-Who Who

Ellijay, GA

#1 Feb 12, 2013
There is no DOUBT in your mind you know who-who-who this is. No, I don't expect that you're here reading this in the first of a person.. What I expect.....

Is them Georgia Dems to carry this message straight to your front doorstep sooner rather than later is what I expect.

ABOUT THAT LTCC, LONG TERM CARE COMMISSION....

How 'bout that.. HOW ABOUT THAT?! Filled 12 positions, you allegedly did, and allegedly not one dadgum one of 'em......

Represents the entire of the Disability Community at large.

HOW. ABOUT. THAT.

It is further being highlighted that on the dadburn flip side, all entities with a CORPORATE MONETARY INTEREST in this venture HAVE been obliged THEIR VOICES at same said table. Well, isn't THAT con-veen-yent?!

So..... TO THAT END, here's a little sumpin-sumpin-sumpin for your considerations: MID-TERM ELECTIONS 2014. Catch my drift?*hint-hint* Need I say more?

Last three positions >>>> NCIL. ADAPT.org , disABILITY LINK (Decatur). And don't try scratching your head in refute as to why the third. You are well acquainted with ALL in the first of a person as I have SO enjoyed the photo op pic you published of *Lois* recently. Who else but Olmstead's First Lady AND her extended Atlanta family should be playing at least one of the high profile roles in this particular *LONG TERM* quest, know what I mean?

Thanking you in advance to them Georgia Dems for their assistance in communicating this matter to the powers that be. You all have a good day, now, ya hear.*wink*
Optimist

Ellijay, GA

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Long Term Care was abandoned when Obamacare went into effect.

Remember that the INTENT of Obamacare is to prevent EVERYONE from having adequate, affordable health care. This includes the disabled and all those requiring long term care.

Since: Jul 08

Ellijay, GA

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Optimist wrote:
Long Term Care was abandoned when Obamacare went into effect.
Remember that the INTENT of Obamacare is to prevent EVERYONE from having adequate, affordable health care. This includes the disabled and all those requiring long term care.
I am not at all sure what the original poster that started this thread was trying to say, but Obamacare did supposedly create a Long Term Care Commission as part of its fiscal cliff saving measure. Pelosi named the last three the other day:

"House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on Thursday named three people to the bipartisan long-term care commission created as part of January's fiscal cliff deal. On the House floor, Pelosi announced the appointment of Bruce Chernof, M.D., the president of the SCAN Foundation; Judith Stein, founder and executive director of the Center for Medicare Advocacy; and George Vradenburg, founder of USAgainst Alzheimer's and president of the Vrandenburg Foundation. Created as part of the same legislation that repealed the CLASS Act, the commission is tasked with proposing “comprehensive, coordinated, and high-quality” systems for ensuring reliable long-term care. However, some LTC stakeholders fear the panel's recommendations will not spur new policy."

However, according to an article in Forbes:

"The panel has no funding and will have to rely on staffers from Congress and the executive branch. Its make-up–nine Democratic appointments and only six GOP selections–almost guarantees partisan squabbling.

Worst of all, even if the group could reach a consensus, there is no requirement that Congress ever vote on its plan."

Sounds like a very effective governmental commission,?? So Optimist is probably right, we have no long term care commission.

You-Know-Who Who

Ellijay, GA

#4 Feb 14, 2013
procon1 wrote:
I am not at all sure what the original poster that started this thread was trying to say
Georgia Democrats know what this is about. If they don't and their ears were burning at all over it, they just had to make a call to ask wtf is this rant about. I could have gone the nice route. OR could have gone the route a lot of desperate PWDs are going and that would to beg and plead at the White House from genuinely tear filled eyes. I chose to go Snark Highway. Seems snark does have its place as I've been getting spammed regular ever since posting this elsewhere.:))

Obama promised my extended Disability family that he was all about the least restrictive environment possible EVERYWHERE. This LTCC Long Term Care Commission is every single bit about that exact topic.

RIGHT NOW AS IT STANDS, the only people invited to the table are those who have SOME kind of monetarily vested interest in places like rehabilitation centers, assisted living centers, and hospitals. As LTCC stands this second, not hard to imagine PWDs (people with disabilities) being forced to continue to face incarceration in money making long term care centers rather than living Life out in their own HOMES wherever possible.

THAT is somewhere in the vicinity of what the OP was *trying* to say.

To continue...

Dear Georgia Dems lest ye forget, approximately HOW MANY PWDs were documented last nationwide Census count? Check.

And HOW MANY OF THOSE EMPOWERED INDIVIDUALS have trained firsthand concerning civil rights through YOUR OWN liberal based community organizing institutions including right down there in Decatur? Check.

Hm. Sounds like something that surely might needs your immediate attention to me. Juuust sayin'.

*MID-TERM ELECTIONS 2014, MID-TERM ELECTIONS 2014, MID-TERM ELECTIONS 2014*

*NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US, NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US*

:))
You-Know-Who Who

Ellijay, GA

#5 Feb 14, 2013
Well, I am absolutely not believing this. Ol' Marky-Mark down there at Shepherd Center JUST sent out a heads up. Seems OBAMA HIMSELF is going to be at the Decatur Recreation Center today.*TODAAAAY*

Just pulled up the map. You can WALK and/or ROLL from the Rec Center to disABILITY LINK couple blocks away..4 miles, I've walked 3x that distance lugging 30 lbs plus of groceries down HWY 53. YOU CAN DO IT! Here are the directions (to do it):

Walk outside the Rec Center, turn right on Sycamore, turn left on N. Candler, cross over Ponce, turn left on Commerce, walk into the parking deck lot (through the toll plaza that is surely still there), walk straight across the lot, and... Chick-A-Boom, you're there. And actually not even .4 miles going that route.

No, AGAIN I don't expect Obama himself to drop everything he's doing and walk over there *TODAY*. Michelle, yes, in fact I do. And Georgia Democrats, yes, in fact I do.

I know Michelle and them are at least visually well acquainted with Mark, Stephen, Diane, and all those folks who visit D.C. regularly, Georgia Democrats it's possible not. They should be if they are what they eat.

All kidding aside, why post here? Blog may have been 10-10 on the side a year or four but I've been watching. There's some Dem power players toodling around up here in the hills.

This is serious. If those last three LTCC positions are not filled by CONSUMERS with a Degree of Separation of ONE, MAYBE TWO, to those three nationally high profile orgs >> *MID-TERM ELECTIONS 2014*. These folks ARE NOT AMUSED right now.

;)
Optimist

Ellijay, GA

#6 Feb 14, 2013
You-Know-Who Who wrote:
Well, I am absolutely not believing this.
Believe it.
The Great Cull to drastically reduce the US population has begun.
First to go are the poor, the stupid, the elderly, and the disabled.
You-Know-Who Who

Ellijay, GA

#7 Feb 28, 2014
Life lesson learned a year later: You ever want tens of thousands of visits to a website, snark the Democrats over their association with a vulnerable population, and it's a done deal. Gotta know exactly what you're talking about before you let it fly, though, or you're just another humdrum speck out there in that virtual dust pile. Go, Team Obama! Surely appreciatin'! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seeking advice / Rodgers Creek area? (Apr '14) 6 hr Pedro 28
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Texas 22,380
Discreet drop off, top shelf420 cannabisss,blue... 8 hr Bana 1
Trump Commits Treason 10 hr Momma June 10
Illegal Aliens With Ugly Fat White Women? Sun Owl 7
Trash in Ellijay Jul 14 Yep 2
Hot Wife (Oct '13) Jul 13 LJ Male 26

Ellijay Jobs

Personal Finance

Ellijay Mortgages