turniptown

Ellijay, GA

#22 Jun 12, 2012
Terry Daniel wrote:
Some companies check your credit score. Keep that in mind. If you don't pay your bills on time don't expect to be hired by any large company.
My bills are always paid on time. All this has been great advice, but the problem is how do you stand out and a crowd and get noticed? I really do need to make more connections. Something to help open the door , so I can at least get an interview.
Reality

Ellijay, GA

#23 Jun 12, 2012
turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>My bills are always paid on time. All this has been great advice, but the problem is how do you stand out and a crowd and get noticed? I really do need to make more connections. Something to help open the door , so I can at least get an interview.
Do you have any contacts in the muslim community?
Say friends in Afghanistan, Iran, or Somalia?
They could probably get you in.

Lowes is the store in EJ that called their Christmas trees, "Holiday" trees.

Lowes would rather piss off all their Christian customers, the people who actually BUY Christmas trees, to avoid offending all their muslim customers who DON'T buy Christmas trees.
Native

Ellijay, GA

#24 Jun 12, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any contacts in the muslim community?
Say friends in Afghanistan, Iran, or Somalia?
They could probably get you in.
Lowes is the store in EJ that called their Christmas trees, "Holiday" trees.
Lowes would rather piss off all their Christian customers, the people who actually BUY Christmas trees, to avoid offending all their muslim customers who DON'T buy Christmas trees.
Im pretty sure the tree isnt the important part of Christmas. Who cares what they name it. We shouldnt judge them either
Reality

Ellijay, GA

#25 Jun 12, 2012
Native wrote:
Im pretty sure the tree isnt the important part of Christmas. Who cares what they name it. We shouldnt judge them either
If Lowes can judge Turniptown's job application,
then I can judge their bias in favor of muslims.
Mackie

Ellijay, GA

#26 Jun 12, 2012
Yes thats right Rearality, you the man you know everything and everyone better listen to you. I can judge also and you're an a"".

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#27 Jun 12, 2012
I would never buy a holiday tree. And I judge.
Native

Ellijay, GA

#28 Jun 12, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
Would you like a cookie?
East Town

Homer, GA

#29 Jun 12, 2012
turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>My bills are always paid on time. All this has been great advice, but the problem is how do you stand out and a crowd and get noticed? I really do need to make more connections. Something to help open the door , so I can at least get an interview.
Stand/sit tall and sraight, Make eye contact, get a new haircut, Then tell them your honest and you work hard. Best advice I was ever given.
East Town

Homer, GA

#30 Jun 12, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
Dang airhead! No tree???

Since: Jul 08

Ellijay, GA

#31 Jun 12, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like a cookie?
And just what is your point? Reality was spot on. ONLY Christians buy Christmas trees. Jews don't buy Christmas trees, they buy Menorahs. They aren't called candles, they are menorahs. Muslims don't buy Christmas trees or Holiday trees or pine cones. They don't celebrate Christmas. the ONLY people you are offending by calling them "Holiday" trees instead of Christmas trees are Christians!

I don't buy Holiday trees either!!! Jewish people respect Christmas trees. Christians respect Menorahs. Muslims respect nothing. And Lowe's sold out.

“Airhead”

#32 Jun 12, 2012
East Town wrote:
<quoted text>Dang airhead! No tree???
Now East, I'm ASSuming you did not break our truce, and were having a bit of fun.

Riiiight?(I think you were)(Right?)

And I'll refer my answer, to Pro's awesome post above mine. She says it so good.
I love me a CHRISTMAS Tree!

“Airhead”

#33 Jun 12, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like a cookie?
Well of course. You obviously read my posts :)
But a doughnut would be heaven, right about now.

“Airhead”

#34 Jun 12, 2012
East Town wrote:
<quoted text>Stand/sit tall and sraight, Make eye contact, get a new haircut, Then tell them your honest and you work hard. Best advice I was ever given.
That was a great answer. For a non-airhead.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35 Jun 12, 2012
Guys thanks for the inputs, but it still doesn't answer my original question. How do you get through the door for a set down interview? In this modern world you get turned down just by what you fill out on a computer screen. So it really doesn't matter if I have a hair cut, or sit up proper, or kiss their back side.

“Airhead”

#36 Jun 12, 2012
I don't know, Turnip. Follow up, maybe?
The people that follow up consistently usually keep the attention on them.

I don't know how this online application process works.
But the follow up works for me.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#37 Jun 12, 2012
Have you tried to send a follow-up email through the contact site, or maybe an actual letter with a copy of your resume?
sent by a person with a Christmas tree
East Town

Homer, GA

#39 Jun 13, 2012
turniptown wrote:
Guys thanks for the inputs, but it still doesn't answer my original question. How do you get through the door for a set down interview? In this modern world you get turned down just by what you fill out on a computer screen. So it really doesn't matter if I have a hair cut, or sit up proper, or kiss their back side.
Son I realize its a new day and age and a different era than when I was younger, But I am puzzled as to why you would have to ask these things on a forum, My answer to your question is be persistant, Dont give up if its something you really want.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#40 Jun 13, 2012
East Town wrote:
<quoted text>Son I realize its a new day and age and a different era than when I was younger, But I am puzzled as to why you would have to ask these things on a forum, My answer to your question is be persistant, Dont give up if its something you really want.
I only asked this question about Lowe's on here hoping someone might have actually had dealings with them directly. Like I said earlier, this isn't my first choice for a job. I am looking other places, but I am really curious about the way they go about hiring. If I am making a mistake in the process then I can learn from it, and hopefully not repeat it else where. Again thanks to all that responded
East Town

Homer, GA

#41 Jun 13, 2012
EgoBrain wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a great answer. For a non-airhead.
Well I dont know about great but thanks.
Terry Daniel

Ellijay, GA

#42 Jun 13, 2012
I once heard a plant manager say that he only hired people that he thought could barely do the job. He said they didn't get bored and leave after a few months. He said that those who are over-qualified won't stay long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 24 min Term Limits 21,716
Boy in bluff 5 hr Vondell 2
News Fifty years after King, Atlantans see a dream s... 5 hr ThomasA 19
Drugs in Ellijay Some people really think it's ... (Sep '13) 9 hr Anonymous555 57
Will The Chicken Plant Survive? 9 hr Bobcats Rule 8
Large black cat (Jun '16) May 21 insane ramblings 21
Are there any haunted places in Gilmer County? (Sep '11) May 20 Bmaw 20

Ellijay Jobs

Personal Finance

Ellijay Mortgages