First Prev
of 2
Next Last
abc

United States

#21 Feb 3, 2013
toots wrote:
All the Christian bashers...why spout sh*t out of your mouth when you are thinking with your ass....this so called pastor at Truth in the World Deliverance Ministries Church showed what is inside her with the decision to not only NOT tip, but give a look into her heart at what is NOT there...Christian love. I know many Christians who give tithes to God and good tips to waitresses. I don't consider myself a "good" Christian, however, I do believe that faith in Jesus is God's only way
of salvation. I would like to live a better, more humble, more forgiving and caring life, but, unfortunately, I have a mean streak that hasn't been tamed. I always tip my waitress at least 30%, because I once waited tables and know the hardship and abuse that waitresses (and waiters) often face. So, why not get off Christian bashing for awhile and call an stingy asshole what she(or if it fits, a he)really is...stingy bitch
You are a disgusting excuse for a "Christian". Even as a self proclaimed Christian with a "mean streak" this comment makes you and the Christian faith look downright idiotic. Please do us all a favor and remove yourself from any position in which you are a role model of Christianity for younger generations. We have enough dumbasses parading themselves as "Christians" these days without you perpetuating the cycle.

From,
Someone who turned away from organized religion because of idiots like you
Bart

Ellijay, GA

#22 Feb 3, 2013
watching you wrote:
All of you need to go back and re-read from the beginning of this forum. I find it very sad how you have all turned on each other. You all should be ashamed for taking this forum to where you have..How shameful...
"We" haven't turned on each other as you state. More often than not people are afraid to discuss anything more meaty instead of focusing on surface issues. Many preachers teach religious dos and donts as this pastor was "preaching" to the waitress. You need thicker skin and then your sadness and shame will disappear.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#23 Feb 3, 2013
Bart wrote:
<quoted text>
"We" haven't turned on each other as you state. More often than not people are afraid to discuss anything more meaty instead of focusing on surface issues. Many preachers teach religious dos and donts as this pastor was "preaching" to the waitress. You need thicker skin and then your sadness and shame will disappear.
It wasn't the pastors place to preach to the waitress. She had no control over the business practices of Apple Bees. If she had a problem she should have approached management. She certainly didn't have to write anything on the bill. The pastor was just being condescending .
Local Patron

Ellijay, GA

#24 Feb 3, 2013
turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't the pastors place to preach to the waitress. She had no control over the business practices of Apple Bees. If she had a problem she should have approached management. She certainly didn't have to write anything on the bill. The pastor was just being condescending .
Exactly. In fact, most responsible adults, if they didn't agree to the "automatic" tip would have either changed it, asked to speak to the manager to change it or have handled it in some professional way, pastor or not. But to leave "0" tip when there was no dispute about the waitress' service, just about the management putting on a specific tip was just flat out wrong and certainly un-Christian and unfair.
watching you

Ellijay, GA

#25 Feb 4, 2013
Bart wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Bart, I’m pretty thick skinned. But not as thick as your head. I bet you’re just like an Ostrich, as in their eye is the same size as their brain!!
Thumper

Ellijay, GA

#26 Feb 4, 2013
Feel the Love
libratoo

Ellijay, GA

#27 Feb 4, 2013
toots wrote:
<quoted text>Surely to God you can see the difference....I ain't Jesus, so don't expect me to act like He did. furthermore, I did not try defending Christianity, your moron; I spoke up for the preachers you were defaming...BIG difference.And to the last part about "justifying your arguement"...asshole, you were disparging preachers for preaching against work on Sunday, then going shopping. Weeeeelllll, I simply stated that I have gone to 5 different churches over a 45 year period and never once heard that spoken from pulpit....not justifying anything, not defending anyone, just stating my experience. Best understand what you read before reverting to judging (lest you be judged). Now, go watch Anderson Cooper or Piers Morgan and see if you can digest what they say
You have been going to what church for 45 years??? Last time I check Christian where suppose to try to be like Christ... Christ-like! "So don't expect me to act like He did" --Uhm! I think thats your job as a Christian to live like you where walking in his steps!

He is our Example we are suppose to live by.

I don't think you or the preacher is acting anything like Jesus would have acted, and you both should be trying to be like Him!

Its sad but this is why Christians are know for their hypocrisy.
It shouldn't be this way but if they where more versed in the scriptures they are suppose to be living by then it wouldn't be that way.
libratoo

Ellijay, GA

#28 Feb 4, 2013
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a disgusting excuse for a "Christian". Even as a self proclaimed Christian with a "mean streak" this comment makes you and the Christian faith look downright idiotic. Please do us all a favor and remove yourself from any position in which you are a role model of Christianity for younger generations. We have enough dumbasses parading themselves as "Christians" these days without you perpetuating the cycle.
From,
Someone who turned away from organized religion because of idiots like you
AMEN!
libra

Ellijay, GA

#29 Feb 5, 2013
Is anyone paying attention to this story?

Pastor Bell claims she left $6.29 on the table and her credit card was also charged the tip amount. She also says everyone in the party left cash tips.
She also apologized. There is always more to a story if you look.
Wondering

Ellijay, GA

#30 Feb 6, 2013
Optimist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Doc.
We wait here with bated breath for your deep insights on the great issues facing mankind.
and we wait with great expectations the day you never post again.
Wondering

Ellijay, GA

#31 Feb 6, 2013
toots wrote:
<quoted text>Bart, I have attended at least 5 Gilmer county churchs in the past 45 years, and NOT ONCE do I recall of hearing what you just stated....I think you must have a vivid imagination, or, if you go to one that teaches that, get the hell out, find another church, or stay home and watch CNN, and quit defaming good people
I was just wondering,you say you have attended at least 5 churches in 45 years. From the looks and after reading your post I believe you are close to right, 5 times in 45 years and then you didn't listen much while you were there did you?
Wondering

Ellijay, GA

#32 Feb 6, 2013
If you read and listen to the word this woman has it all wrong.She is neither a pastor or preacher.Read 1 Timothy She is a faker,looking for a tax break
Stillwell

Eastaboga, AL

#33 Feb 8, 2013
libra wrote:
Is anyone paying attention to this story?
Pastor Bell claims she left $6.29 on the table and her credit card was also charged the tip amount. She also says everyone in the party left cash tips.
She also apologized. There is always more to a story if you look.
ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION ??
She DID NOT say she left 6.29 "on the table". So your saying she left a 36% tip??? Pay attention now..... the 18% is INCLUDED in her bill and she didn't tip any extra.
Then she called the manager and demanded that all involved be fired.(Good God fearing pastor ehh?) Pastor???.... 15-member congregation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our men & women in blue 8 min Charles 24
Is there a free abortion clinic in Atlanta or s... (Feb '11) 8 hr And 273
Trump doesn't deserve our trust 10 hr Whip Tizzy 24
Where to eat in Ellijay (Nov '12) Jul 21 kobinator1 24
New Park and Rec Director (Feb '15) Jul 21 Mr Punchy 70
Gilmer High Bobcat Football Jul 20 Do What 6
rusty beamon (Apr '14) Jul 20 Skippy 43

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance