Voting for Oboma
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unimpressed

Ellijay, GA

#1 Sep 23, 2012
I know I am opening a Pandora's box of ideas but>>If you really are a Christian how can you vote for Oboma,knowing he supports gay marrige?Leviticus Chapter 18 verse 22..
Boss Hogg

Ellijay, GA

#2 Sep 23, 2012
unimpressed wrote:
I know I am opening a Pandora's box of ideas but>>If you really are a Christian how can you vote for Oboma,knowing he supports gay marrige?Leviticus Chapter 18 verse 22..
To use Bill Clinton's words from a few years back "it's the economy, stupid". This isn't the year for the normal fights about abortion and lifestyles; it is the year to put these things on the shelf for better times and try to fix our economy. I am not saying that these issues aren't important, they are, but not now. I want the elected officials at all levels to focus like a laser beam on the economy and the deficit.
impressed

Ellijay, GA

#3 Sep 23, 2012
I like Matthew 25,
so I will vote for Obama
Pass

Winter Garden, FL

#4 Sep 23, 2012
How in the hell can you spell Pandora and not our President's damn name?!?!
MaryLou

Killen, AL

#5 Sep 23, 2012
unimpressed wrote:
I am a Christian and I support gay marriage, am pro choice and all I can say is I am of the belief that the Father/Son/Holy Spirit does not make mistakes. Since I accept the concept that people come into this life either gay, straight, bisexual or of the wrong sex entirely, I accept that God has a purpose and a plan for all. It is not our place to judge or condemn. If ou fight for the right to have every conception become a baby, will you also fight for its rights as a gay person? Hmmmm....thought not. Who is the hypocrite?
Your values are yours, and I do not share them, but I respect your right to believe what you do.
I am very comfortable with my Christian values. I believe the Bible is a great historical tomb. It is NOT in my opinion the inerrant word of God, since it was written by many scholars of the time, and has been translated a myriad of ways over the centuries.
God = love. I love all and believe if two people fall in love, we should embrace and celebrate, no matter whether it is between a man and a woman or two people of the same sex.
what

Ellijay, GA

#6 Sep 23, 2012
Pass wrote:
NOT our president your president

Jesus is the Answer

Ellijay, GA

#7 Sep 23, 2012
MaryLou wrote:
<quoted text>I am a Christian and I support gay marriage, am pro choice and all I can say is I am of the belief that the Father/Son/Holy Spirit does not make mistakes. Since I accept the concept that people come into this life either gay, straight, bisexual or of the wrong sex entirely, I accept that God has a purpose and a plan for all. It is not our place to judge or condemn. If ou fight for the right to have every conception become a baby, will you also fight for its rights as a gay person? Hmmmm....thought not. Who is the hypocrite?
Your values are yours, and I do not share them, but I respect your right to believe what you do.
I am very comfortable with my Christian values. I believe the Bible is a great historical tomb. It is NOT in my opinion the inerrant word of God, since it was written by many scholars of the time, and has been translated a myriad of ways over the centuries.
God = love. I love all and believe if two people fall in love, we should embrace and celebrate, no matter whether it is between a man and a woman or two people of the same sex.
That's not what my Bible says. The Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit and is not outdated. That is just a lie from Satan himself. God specifically condemns homosexuality. People aren't born gay, they CHOOSE to be that way.

Read Revelation 22:19. You either accept the Bible in it's entirety or you don't accept it at all.

With all that said, I will say that politicians of BOTH parties are a bunch of hypocrites.
Matthew 25:41

Ellijay, GA

#8 Sep 23, 2012
impressed wrote:
I like Matthew 25,
so I will vote for Obama
The part where Jesus says to the people to the left, depart from me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you???
unimpressed

Ellijay, GA

#9 Sep 23, 2012
Pass wrote:
He is your president. I did not vote for him the first time, nor will I vote for him this election. I chose to mis-spell it out of disrespect.I hope this answers your question.
unimpressed

Ellijay, GA

#10 Sep 23, 2012
MaryLou wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Christian and I support gay marriage, am pro choice and all I can say is I am of the belief that the Father/Son/Holy Spirit does not make mistakes. Since I accept the concept that people come into this life either gay, straight, bisexual or of the wrong sex entirely, I accept that God has a purpose and a plan for all. It is not our place to judge or condemn. If ou fight for the right to have every conception become a baby, will you also fight for its rights as a gay person? Hmmmm....thought not. Who is the hypocrite?
That is what is great about America you have the right to be wrong, but I know everyone has their opinion and there will probably be numerous ones posted here.Good night!!
unimpressed

Ellijay, GA

#11 Sep 23, 2012
Boss Hogg wrote:
<quoted text>
To use Bill Clinton's words from a few years back "it's the economy, stupid". This isn't the year for the normal fights about abortion and lifestyles; it is the year to put these things on the shelf for better times and try to fix our economy. I am not saying that these issues aren't important, they are, but not now. I want the elected officials at all levels to focus like a laser beam on the economy and the deficit.
If they could focus half as much as a curve ball,we all would benefit from it.
Bigfoot

Ellijay, GA

#12 Sep 23, 2012
Jesus is the Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what my Bible says. The Bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit and is not outdated. That is just a lie from Satan himself. God specifically condemns homosexuality. People aren't born gay, they CHOOSE to be that way.
Read Revelation 22:19. You either accept the Bible in it's entirety or you don't accept it at all.
With all that said, I will say that politicians of BOTH parties are a bunch of hypocrites.
And where is the bible does it say people CHOOSE to be gay? It really peeves me when people start pulling verses out of the bible to fit their agenda. Straight people always want to focus on the homosexuality because it does not pertain to them. However, they don't want to talk about all the other sins that do pertain to them. I can hear it now "But....But....but God says that homosexuality is an abomination!" If we are to take what Leviticus says to be what God says, we are all screwed. Plus....I love to eat shrimp and lobster. According to Leviticus I think those are also abominations!
Johnny Reb

Ellijay, GA

#13 Sep 23, 2012
Bigfoot wrote:
<quoted text>And where is the bible does it say people CHOOSE to be gay? It really peeves me when people start pulling verses out of the bible to fit their agenda. Straight people always want to focus on the homosexuality because it does not pertain to them. However, they don't want to talk about all the other sins that do pertain to them. I can hear it now "But....But....but God says that homosexuality is an abomination!" If we are to take what Leviticus says to be what God says, we are all screwed. Plus....I love to eat shrimp and lobster. According to Leviticus I think those are also abominations!
If God says it is a sin, how could one be born that way?
Realist

Marietta, GA

#14 Sep 23, 2012
Separation of church and state. Bam! Welcome to the U.S.A

It's expected of you to vote in this way.

That being said I'm not voting for Obama because of economics and other reasons.

Practice, preach, and follow your religion but just as everyone sins there well always be moments where you have to think past small details for a better outcome.
Pass

United States

#15 Sep 24, 2012
Whether or not you voted for him or like him, he is the President of this country, making him YOUR President.

“Airhead”

Since: Jan 11

I'm finished with commas!

#16 Sep 24, 2012
He's my Dictator, your President.
Candide

Ellijay, GA

#18 Sep 24, 2012
Bigfoot wrote:
<quoted text>
And where is the bible does it say people CHOOSE to be gay? It really peeves me when people start pulling verses out of the bible to fit their agenda. Straight people always want to focus on the homosexuality because it does not pertain to them. However, they don't want to talk about all the other sins that do pertain to them. I can hear it now "But....But....but God says that homosexuality is an abomination!" If we are to take what Leviticus says to be what God says, we are all screwed. Plus....I love to eat shrimp and lobster. According to Leviticus I think those are also abominations!
How about not coveting your neighbors slaves?
MISSFIT

North Weymouth, MA

#19 Sep 24, 2012
unimpressed wrote:
Im Pro separation of church and state. You vote for someone purely because of religious views? I dont know about anyone else but im sure glad no one is qouting the OLD testament *shivers*
MISSFIT

North Weymouth, MA

#20 Sep 24, 2012
Candide wrote:
<quoted text>
How about not coveting your neighbors slaves?
rock on!
Boo Bear

Ellijay, GA

#21 Sep 24, 2012
Folks, the Big O is a muslim in his heart.That's the reason for his action and lack of action in the Middle East. He is looking out for his Muslim brothers and allowing Americans to be killed.He has allowed Muslim Terriosts to kill hundreds of thousands of people in Africa since he took office.Another 4 years of this scrum bag and you won't recognize our great country ever again.VOTE ROMNEY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Regarding the Illegal Aliens in Gilmer. (May '16) 13 hr I Think I Can 19
Dirty Purdy Fri Gilmersucks 8
Gilmer BOE budget... Fri Gilmersucks 44
Ellijay East Apartments Thu CuriousLady 3
Sex offender associating with child abuse program (Jul '15) Jun 18 Emerald 27
Looking for Coosawattee River Resort Property (Jun '07) Jun 14 Chuck 112
Bad wreck on 282 (Oct '12) Jun 14 Neverforgotten 51

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance