First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Reality

United States

#1 Sep 4, 2012
It's beginning to be embarrassing to be known as the "Thugs" of North Georgia don't you think folks?
dear lord

Auburn, AL

#2 Sep 4, 2012
Did you play football as a young lass, Reality?
dear lord

Auburn, AL

#3 Sep 4, 2012
Ah, crap... I agree that it got a bit out if hand. Ugh! I hate agreeing with you.

But we weren't the only school to have issues. There were a few other from our region that had fights.
Reality

Ellijay, GA

#4 Sep 4, 2012
The REAL Reality did not make the post that started this thread.

However, I was at the game on Friday night.

Although there was a bit of a dustup at the Fannin bench, no penalties were called on either team.
Terminus

Ellijay, GA

#5 Sep 4, 2012
Frankly, considering the deplorable state of our public school system, I could CARE LESS, about high school football!
Reality

Ellijay, GA

#6 Sep 4, 2012
Terminus wrote:
Frankly, considering the deplorable state of our public school system, I could CARE LESS, about high school football!
The kids are the VICTIMS of public education.
It's unfair to punish them.

The team and the band members work long and hard.
They deserve recognition and support.

IMO
Reality

Ellijay, GA

#7 Sep 4, 2012
Well Reality impersonator you are wrong again! There were 5 ejections and 2 offsetting penalties !
Terminus

Ellijay, GA

#8 Sep 4, 2012
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids are the VICTIMS of public education.
It's unfair to punish them.
The team and the band members work long and hard.
They deserve recognition and support.
IMO
ALWAYS THE VICTIMS,really? I do not care how long and hard they work for their so called sports. Keep them in the classroom and NOT distracted by games,,,,,they have enough of that on the internet!
They are not being punished, they are supposedly in school to LEARN!

Consider this,,,, many private high schools have NO football teams, it is considered superfluous! Education is paramount and some offer free tuition for the "high performers", from all who apply!

I can give one great exmple,,,,,should you ask.
Reality

Ellijay, GA

#9 Sep 4, 2012
I stand corrected then
Disgusted

Ellijay, GA

#10 Sep 5, 2012
They're not thugs they are just plain and simple punks.
dear lord

Columbus, GA

#11 Sep 5, 2012
Terminus, are you still hurt from being picked last on the playground? Poor baby...

Extracurricular activities like sports, band, etc. are good for kids. Well, as long as academic performance is put first.

You need to take your meds and a few deep breaths.
Rambling Ralph Roundtree

Ellijay, GA

#12 Sep 5, 2012
I attended the game and was greatly impressed
with coach Tankersley's squad.

Keep in mind this is football and not Tennis.

Had we been on the Fannin end of the score I am
positive there would be criticism of the GHS
Football Program.
Terminus

Ellijay, GA

#13 Sep 5, 2012
dear lord wrote:
Terminus, are you still hurt from being picked last on the playground? Poor baby...
Extracurricular activities like sports, band, etc. are good for kids. Well, as long as academic performance is put first.
You need to take your meds and a few deep breaths.
Is that Your best argument? Considering your precious little children are now competing GLOBALLY for jobs, you might consider a lot less extracurricular, and a lot more curricular activities.

Employers could care less if a job applicant has ever played sports or was a band member.

BTW, your meds comment is trite, and juvenile
dear lord

Columbus, GA

#14 Sep 5, 2012
Extracurricular activities are not for the college/job applications or resumes. They are about the confidence and self esteem gained from participating--the leadership abilities and teamwork. They cultivate people skills. The rewards are many.

Sorry if you missed out on that...
dear lord

Columbus, GA

#15 Sep 5, 2012
Bee tee dubs, I stand by my meds comment. You need to chill.

And if you can honestly say that you were never a part of any type of group and DID NOT gain something positive from it, then I REALLY feel sorry for you.
Reality

Ellijay, GA

#16 Sep 5, 2012
dear lord wrote:
Bee tee dubs, I stand by my meds comment.
The "meds" comments and amateur psychiatrist routines were pretty funny the first few million times they were used on forums.

It's getting a bit overused.

Since: Aug 12

Ellijay, GA

#17 Sep 5, 2012
it dont seem fair to include a whole teem in actions of a certian indvidual that was arrested for the same thing last year agianst pickens for simple battery.he was ejected from this game and the next game also.
Terminus

Ellijay, GA

#18 Sep 5, 2012
dear lord wrote:
Extracurricular activities are not for the college/job applications or resumes. They are about the confidence and self esteem gained from participating--the leadership abilities and teamwork. They cultivate people skills. The rewards are many.
Sorry if you missed out on that...
I might suggest confidence and self esteem are better served through serious study, hard academic work, high scholastic achievement,and of course, parental mentoring and role modeling. Many of our tweens and teens don't grasp that concept, and frankly too many of their parents don't either

I would want me child educated, teamwork can come later. My child's education is not a team sport. He will be accepted to college, show well at a job interview, and be a success, based upon his work and no on else's.

I'm not against HS sports, if the HS is producing students that pass the State tests in the 90th percentile, and the graduation rate is up there as well. As it is grade inflation is rampant, and what is considered a B average in HS is closer to a C average, but we wouldn't want to hurt the students self esteem by grading their work realistically.

This is not like a generation ago. The US is in serious trouble, we have to compete globally, our younger generation in poorly educated, and China and South East Asia are eating our lunch. Our America is failing because our priorities are screwed up, and we refuse to face it, suck it up, and fix it.

So pardon me if I don't worry too much about HS sports. We have far more serious issues to deal with and the proper education of our youth is where it should begin.
dear lord

Columbus, GA

#19 Sep 5, 2012
Reality, I feel as if I recall your use of the whole "meds" shebang against FN back in the day.

And you psychoanalyze everyone on this forum...

So, there. Your junk is a bit overused, too! Hmph
crazy people

Ellijay, GA

#20 Sep 5, 2012
we did not have any football players arrested for the fight with pickens that arrest was not school or school sports related so rlogger might want to check your facts and actually his suppension from the next game has been lifted

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Delphi University, really? (Mar '11) 2 hr J richards 57
Braves Stadium food prices 3 hr Lick skillet 4
Sleeping Naked (Apr '16) 4 hr Vondell Jefferson 28
The KKK Ellijay Headquarters?? (Oct '08) Sun WTF 299
Bobcats Sat Gilmersucks 29
Irma Prep In Gilmer Sep 20 Go Gilmer 8
Kelly Shay McCloud (May '08) Sep 19 Rodney 3

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance