Lady cats!!!!
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Parent

Jonesboro, GA

#1 Mar 23, 2012
Thank god!!!!!! Rhonda is gone might see more people at the gym on fri nights to see the lady cats!!!!!!
KODIAK

Ellijay, GA

#2 Mar 24, 2012
Parent wrote:
Thank god!!!!!! Rhonda is gone might see more people at the gym on fri nights to see the lady cats!!!!!!
Who is Rhonda?
Blueberry King

Adairsville, GA

#3 Mar 24, 2012
Chattam? What happened?
college kid

Ellijay, GA

#4 Mar 24, 2012
Parent wrote:
Finally! I don't know anyone playing "for" Rhonda and I feel bad for every one of them! She's not only a horrible coach, but also a witch of a woman!
Parent

Ellijay, GA

#5 Mar 25, 2012
college kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally! I don't know anyone playing "for" Rhonda and I feel bad for every one of them! She's not only a horrible coach, but also a witch of a woman!
Amen!!!!!!!! Thank you Dorsey !!!!!!!!!!
grandparent

Ellijay, GA

#6 Mar 26, 2012
I wish some of you parents would express your dismay and disgust with the education your kids are getting instead of b*tching about sports teams.
Concerned Citizen

Ellijay, GA

#7 Mar 26, 2012
The decision to force Coach Horton to stop allowing her to act as an assistant/volunteer coach should have been made 2-3 years ago when she was first allowed to destroy the CCMS program.She is the reason that several talented girls have quit the team in the past two(2) years.One of the varsity team parents told me that Horton had a better team of players "walking the halls at GHS" than he had playing on the court.This decision might work to him contiouning his job as head coach.

Since: Nov 10

Ellijay, GA

#8 Mar 26, 2012
She really destroyed the CCMS program? The group she coached in her only year at CCMS as 6th graders just won the first girls middle school region title as 8th graders. The only kids not playing that I have observed had bad work habits and attitudes......
Parent

United States

#9 Mar 26, 2012
Well they would not her coach at ngca not at ccms and now the high school maybe she will get the pic!!!!!!!!!
Concerned Citizen

Ellijay, GA

#10 Mar 26, 2012
Rehab Reject, read "Parents" words and you should get the real picture...Winning isn't the only thing that makes a person a great coach/person.She should have never been allowed to work with the Varsity team after all the compliants against her.This decision is very positive for the future success of the program.Most people are not aware of the background of the past several years.

Since: Mar 12

Ellijay, GA

#11 Mar 26, 2012
grandparent wrote:
I wish some of you parents would express your dismay and disgust with the education your kids are getting instead of b*tching about sports teams.
If the parents put as much time and effort into their childs education as they do sports, there would be no dismay and disgust to be expressed about education.

Ellijay, GA

#12 Mar 26, 2012
My child is a basketball player. I've been around most of the kids that r playing at every level in the school system. It's not all about winning but about hard work in the gym and the classroom. If Herb Horton feels someone is fit to coach in his system, then that is the end of the story. Lady Cat basketball was in the pits til he came back to coach and I don't want to see it go back there. He should make coaching choices and no one else.
Responsibility

Ellijay, GA

#13 Mar 26, 2012
Hopefully they will stop allowing Ronald Watkins to coach football as well, just so his kid can start! No problem having volunteer coaches so be it they have no family relatives involved. And as much as I like Mr Charles, I would ask him to step away for now until his child has graduated. Nepotism is tough but rampant in all facets of Gilmer System !

Ellijay, GA

#14 Mar 26, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
Hopefully they will stop allowing Ronald Watkins to coach football as well, just so his kid can start! No problem having volunteer coaches so be it they have no family relatives involved. And as much as I like Mr Charles, I would ask him to step away for now until his child has graduated. Nepotism is tough but rampant in all facets of Gilmer System !
Both his kids would start either way, they are that good. I don't see a problem with Mr Charles coaching, after all he has been a coach for Gilmer Schools for 20+ years.

Ellijay, GA

#15 Mar 26, 2012
Rehab Reject wrote:
She really destroyed the CCMS program? The group she coached in her only year at CCMS as 6th graders just won the first girls middle school region title as 8th graders. The only kids not playing that I have observed had bad work habits and attitudes......
This is the first year the schools, CCMS and GMS have been back together in several years, thus making them better this year.

Ellijay, GA

#16 Mar 26, 2012
Fannin Native 22: True the schools combined this year, but the top 6 players at CCMS this year in 8th grade were CCMS players last year. Combining the schools didn't make a lot of difference.
Parent

Ellijay, GA

#17 Mar 26, 2012
Check Herb Hortons pay scale it's over paid we could as tax payers pay a hell of lot better coaches alot less money and prob win more ball games we done fired him once y is he back. We might even get two coaches for what he is making!!!!!!!!!!
Concerned Citizen

Ellijay, GA

#18 Mar 27, 2012
To Rehab Reject & Fannin Native: I want to make two(2) points here regarding the Chatham coaching issue here in our school system:(1) Our BOE should not allow volunteer coaches in any sport.Most systems do not allow them.The BOE is exposing themselves to liability suits if anything goes wrong. Most volunteers have their own agendas to want to coach in the first place.This factor is strong in this case here at GHS..(2)If Mrs. Chatham wants to coach in the future then she should return to college to obtain a degree in education that will allow her to teach on the staff & apply to coach.
grandparent

Ellijay, GA

#19 Mar 27, 2012
Fannin Native 22 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the parents put as much time and effort into their childs education as they do sports, there would be no dismay and disgust to be expressed about education.
Good post Fannin Native. Education should be a three-way cooperative effort between teachers, parents and administrators. Unfortunately in Gilmer all three groups have given up and just blame the others. Until that changes sports is the only thing that motivates parents. Yes the parents are part to blame but when do the teachers and administration assume their part of the blame?
Parent

Hogansville, GA

#20 Mar 27, 2012
Grandparent!!!! Hit a sore spot did we must be family cause nobody else would take up for her!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 2 hr LarryV 2,004
Is there a free abortion clinic in Atlanta or s... (Feb '11) 5 hr Push 192
Ronald Trump Caused Violent and Hatred 7 hr Tolerman 147
GHS Football debacle 10 hr ashamed bobcat 36
Do women provoke men to hit them? (Feb '12) 14 hr CommonSenseGuy 74
What the Heck? 19 hr Embarrassed 13
Why White Guys Like Asian Girls (May '12) Thu Concerned Citizen 418
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellijay Mortgages