JC Henry
Jack Smith

Post 2
Danny Hall
Randy Bell
Lucy

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Jul 20, 2010
I didn's see a J. C. Henry on the ballott. Whats up?
CIA wrote:
The runoff election contestants:
Chairman
JC Henry
Jack Smith
Post 2
Danny Hall
Randy Bell
Whatever

Ellijay, GA

#3 Jul 20, 2010
GOD help us!!!!
Big ears

United States

#4 Jul 20, 2010
And we all thought the sinking of the Titanic was huge, much larger SS Gilmer is about tho fall to the bottom of the sea floor!!
ccrider

Blue Ridge, GA

#5 Jul 20, 2010
no f***ing way
Big ears wrote:
And we all thought the sinking of the Titanic was huge, much larger SS Gilmer is about tho fall to the bottom of the sea floor!!
Sam

Ellijay, GA

#6 Jul 20, 2010
Im so sorry I didnt get the chance to vote today. I think they should make voting days on Sunday so us working folk could vote.
Topped Out

Blue Ridge, GA

#7 Jul 21, 2010
Whatever wrote:
GOD help us!!!!
We better ALL hope he does!! You think this County has seen trouble.....Just wait! The low voter turn out is a clear indication of how many people's personal problems are controlling their lives...Many just no longer care what happens in politics. Sad, very sad! We are in deep cook-a-doodle-doo!
Bad Decision

Jasper, GA

#8 Jul 21, 2010
If the voters decide to vote J C Sanford into office this County will be totally destroyed by the time his term has ended. Very dissapointing
yesterday

Ellijay, GA

#9 Jul 21, 2010
Bad Decision wrote:
If the voters decide to vote J C Sanford into office this County will be totally destroyed by the time his term has ended. Very dissapointing

NOT TRUE
Big ears

United States

#10 Jul 21, 2010
Very Very Very Very TRUE!!!
lil debbie

Ellijay, GA

#11 Jul 21, 2010
Big ears wrote:
You sound like one of the losing candidates. Respect the will of the voters and quit your b*tching. waaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Confused voter

Ellijay, GA

#12 Jul 21, 2010
Now that the dust has settled here are what seem to be the coming attractions from the various camps and their supporters.

JC Sanford is not the brightest bulb on the street but is is honest.

Jack Smith has no education, works in a gas station but is somehow fit to be Chair.

Randy Bell writes too many things in the paper but knows what he's talking about.

Danny Hall has lived here most of his life so his back taxes, hiring of illegals and idea of shutting down the jail will mean nothing to many voters.

A newspaper that may or may not provide decent coverage of the runoff candidates and major issues.

But we do have this forum blog where all things are discusssed rationally.

***YAWN***
Satan

Ellijay, GA

#13 Jul 21, 2010
Confused voter wrote:
Now that the dust has settled here are what seem to be the coming attractions from the various camps and their supporters.
Jack Smith has no education, works in a gas station but is somehow fit to be Chair.
Randy Bell writes too many things in the paper but knows what he's talking about.
Danny Hall has lived here most of his life so his back taxes, hiring of illegals and idea of shutting down the jail will mean nothing to many voters.
A newspaper that may or may not provide decent coverage of the runoff candidates and major issues.
***YAWN***
"where all things are discussed rationally" Yup yup, ain't that the truth:)

Satan
laughing

Ellijay, GA

#14 Jul 21, 2010
JC Sanford may not be the brightest bulb but he is honest and he doesn't belong to KB like somebody else does.
shadylady

Ellijay, GA

#15 Jul 21, 2010
Sam, what happened to early voting??? could you not have done that?
Satan

Ellijay, GA

#16 Jul 21, 2010
shadylady wrote:
Sam, what happened to early voting??? could you not have done that?
I have to admit, I was thinking the SAME thing. Sam , Sam, Sam,,,,repeat after me,,,,,"I am a bad, bad girl, and I promise to vote in the runoffs. So help me Mother Earth".

So it is written, so it shall be done.

Satan

Since: Jul 10

Ellijay, GA

#17 Jul 21, 2010
Confused voter wrote:
***YAWN***
As a first time visitor to the Topix I have to comment on the people that will be leading Gilmer County for the next few years.

JC is a contractor here in Gilmer as myself. Yes he does get a lot of work through the county, that's the way the system works. Right or wrong, he's is working the system to his advantage. As a leader of this county we will suffer. His knowledge and common sense is so old school nothing will change for the better. He is a good man and has great morales, but we need a LEADER with a backbone!

Danny Hall is also a good man, known him for 30 years, good friend! But his buisness conduct is not ethical. I do contract work and have to sign a contract that I will not hired illegals and that I have to pay a certain pay scale. He has done well by hiring illegal immigrants for a few dollars and charging clients high rates for work. He is working the system too. Does this make him or JC a bad person? NO! Does this make either one a good leader? NO!

Randy Bell is the most concerned person we have that really beleives in changes for the good of our county, not himself. He has reseached many issues about improper conduct of previous officals and beleives in standing up for what is right for the citizens of Gilmer County.

So when you vote, pick the best man for the job.
Big un

Ball Ground, GA

#18 Jul 21, 2010
Ok Randy LOL!!!!!!
Nurse Wannabe

Ellijay, GA

#19 Jul 21, 2010
Well said TheContractor!

Since: Jul 10

Ellijay, GA

#20 Jul 21, 2010
Big un wrote:
Ok Randy LOL!!!!!!
For the record, I am not Randy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Voting For Keisha Lance Bottoms? 11 hr Charles 1
Katrell Nash: Horrible Attorney BEWARE!!!! 14 hr Lamborghini 4
take care of business 16 hr Enter Username 2
Removing Confederate Monuments 19 hr Peace Keeper 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon Mcm123 21,338
Paddock Probably A Former Cop... Mon ThomasA is uber gay 133
wtb a campground lot in coosawattee river resort (Jun '15) Mon VET Protector 136

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellijay Mortgages