Apple pageant judging
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 10

United States

#1 Sep 26, 2010
Does anyone know where the lions club gets the incompetant judges? They really suck. And have for years. I'm sick of it and I'm not the only one!
Tommy

Jasper, GA

#2 Sep 26, 2010
So, in other words your daughter lost last year too ? MMMMM, sounds like a sore loser to me. "Now, you just stop that whining", yo baby can't win everytime!
Gilmerborn wrote:
Does anyone know where the lions club gets the incompetant judges? They really suck. And have for years. I'm sick of it and I'm not the only one!
judge

Ellijay, GA

#3 Sep 27, 2010
2/3 actual judges never even showed up. they pulled 2 people from the crowd to replace them.
what the f

Ball Ground, GA

#4 Sep 27, 2010
one year my daughter entered. after the pageant one of the judges came up to us and told us that he was told which girl was going to win, it did not matter what the judges wanted. and that was that. did not matter to say anything the deed was done. how do you fight the person that is in charge. this is not a fair pageant, when the winner is chosen in a back room.

Since: Sep 10

Ellijay, GA

#5 Sep 27, 2010
No actually I do not have children nor was I rooting for any specific person but after 20 years of watching these pageants it doesn't take a genius to figure out that something is wrong.

Since: Sep 10

Ellijay, GA

#6 Sep 27, 2010
That is very interesting and doesn't surprise me at all. I've heard rumors like that for years. Did you know this guy? Why would he tell you that?
what the f wrote:
one year my daughter entered. after the pageant one of the judges came up to us and told us that he was told which girl was going to win, it did not matter what the judges wanted. and that was that. did not matter to say anything the deed was done. how do you fight the person that is in charge. this is not a fair pageant, when the winner is chosen in a back room.

Since: Sep 10

Ellijay, GA

#7 Sep 27, 2010
Do you know who the judges were supposed to be. Who was pulled from the crowd? How did they know they weren't parents or related to the contestants?
judge wrote:
2/3 actual judges never even showed up. they pulled 2 people from the crowd to replace them.
Charles M Pickelseimer

Jasper, GA

#8 Sep 27, 2010
Cancel the entire production and raffle off
a truck while drinking apple brandy and singing
Slim Whitman's greatest hits.

We will make more money and it is a wonderful
way to get the local populace involved.
such things

Jasper, GA

#9 Sep 27, 2010
Gilmerborn wrote:
Does anyone know where the lions club gets the incompetant judges? They really suck. And have for years. I'm sick of it and I'm not the only one!
I wanted to post something about that myself and knew the first remark would be just as the one you got so was glad to see that you did. I just stayed for the first baby contest and it was the most ridiculous thing I have ever sat through. I would think it would be against some law to pull locals to do the judging, and personally I think that the sponsors should have their money refunded because of the judges, you could tell they had no clue what they were doing. The winner was cute but there was one little girl 2nd to the left with a reddish pink colored dress and her dad was carrying her that did everything a little princess should have done she waved she smiled she did it all. I don't know the child's name but wouldn't that be what you look for? And if these judges didn't know they were gonna judge how did they prepare? All the kids were bunched up it looked like Americas Funniest Home Videos. Is there not someone to touch base with the judges before the pageant and to check the equipment to make sure it works? And as usual when you mention the Apple Pageant to people most will just roll their eyes and say "well you know how that works". I really hate to think it is who you know. But with hometown judges sure makes the people there think so. I would hate to be the parents that spent all the money and then find out the judges didn't show up. I hated that I wasted $5.00 for admission so I can imagine how they feel.
Satan

Ellijay, GA

#10 Sep 27, 2010
What exactly would be the qualifications for an "apple pageant" judge????????

Remember, it's just all in good fun. Nothing more.

Satan
GrannyMam

Onalaska, WA

#11 Sep 27, 2010
It was ridiculous....how the hell does a 2 year old know what they want to be when they grow up???And bringing Jesus in the mix.....a two year old don't even know who Jesus is? I have never seen so many snaggle toothed little girls in my life! It did look like America's Funniest Videos....And all the yelling and cheering....At most contests, you are not allowed to scream, Guess things are different up here? Most unorganized pagent I have ever been to? Do you know for a fact that the Judges did not show up? I would like to have my money back, but I know that will never happen, it goes for a good cause anyway.....Lessons learned...won't be doing the Apple Pagent anymore...And I am not a sore loser....

Since: Sep 10

Ellijay, GA

#12 Sep 27, 2010
Yes, the little baby in the red dress should have won! That is exactly what I was thinking. She did wonderful and I thought she would win too. That is exactly what I'm talking about. They're were several girls who did everything just right and got beat by girls who did things they shouldn't have. Such as holding on to the sides of their dress! One little girl in the Petite division in the pink dress should have won also. She was perfect. I think it's time that people let the Lions Club know what they think about all this. People pay a lot of money for the apple pageant and they should get more professionalism than this.
such things wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanted to post something about that myself and knew the first remark would be just as the one you got so was glad to see that you did. I just stayed for the first baby contest and it was the most ridiculous thing I have ever sat through. I would think it would be against some law to pull locals to do the judging, and personally I think that the sponsors should have their money refunded because of the judges, you could tell they had no clue what they were doing. The winner was cute but there was one little girl 2nd to the left with a reddish pink colored dress and her dad was carrying her that did everything a little princess should have done she waved she smiled she did it all. I don't know the child's name but wouldn't that be what you look for? And if these judges didn't know they were gonna judge how did they prepare? All the kids were bunched up it looked like Americas Funniest Home Videos. Is there not someone to touch base with the judges before the pageant and to check the equipment to make sure it works? And as usual when you mention the Apple Pageant to people most will just roll their eyes and say "well you know how that works". I really hate to think it is who you know. But with hometown judges sure makes the people there think so. I would hate to be the parents that spent all the money and then find out the judges didn't show up. I hated that I wasted $5.00 for admission so I can imagine how they feel.

Since: Sep 10

Ellijay, GA

#13 Sep 27, 2010
Well I will disagree with the part about a two year old not knowing who Jesus is but I did find it a bit corny to say things like "wants to live for God" because you know that was just the parents saying that. I have never been to the other pageants. Are the Gold Rush and Marble pageant as unprofessional as the apple pageant?
GrannyMam wrote:
It was ridiculous....how the hell does a 2 year old know what they want to be when they grow up???And bringing Jesus in the mix.....a two year old don't even know who Jesus is? I have never seen so many snaggle toothed little girls in my life! It did look like America's Funniest Videos....And all the yelling and cheering....At most contests, you are not allowed to scream, Guess things are different up here? Most unorganized pagent I have ever been to? Do you know for a fact that the Judges did not show up? I would like to have my money back, but I know that will never happen, it goes for a good cause anyway.....Lessons learned...won't be doing the Apple Pagent anymore...And I am not a sore loser....

Since: Sep 10

Ellijay, GA

#14 Sep 27, 2010
Knowing the dos and don'ts would be a good start
Satan wrote:
What exactly would be the qualifications for an "apple pageant" judge????????
Remember, it's just all in good fun. Nothing more.
Satan
BD Sneed

Jasper, GA

#15 Sep 27, 2010
I think the qualifications should be
something like you have to live in the US
and NOT be a muslim.

Pickelseimer has the best idea. Slim
Whitman was really big in Europe. Apple
Brandy is now a lost art.
Satan

Ellijay, GA

#16 Sep 27, 2010
BD Sneed wrote:
I think the qualifications should be
something like you have to live in the US
and NOT be a muslim.
Pickelseimer has the best idea. Slim
Whitman was really big in Europe. Apple
Brandy is now a lost art.
The muslims have their own "Burqa Bikini Pageants". It's a tough call for the judges, but all the guys love it.

Satan ,may peace be upon you.
what the f

Ball Ground, GA

#17 Sep 27, 2010
Gilmerborn wrote:
That is very interesting and doesn't surprise me at all. I've heard rumors like that for years. Did you know this guy? Why would he tell you that?
<quoted text>
NO!!! i didn't know this guy, he came and found us after the event and told us that he and one other judge they had three that year, voted for my daughter, but another girl won. he wanted to go and talk to the people in charge but we would not let him. my daughter had to go to school with the girl that won. did not want any bad blood. the judge was not the only person that night that told us that it was not right. it was shocking, even the girl that won acted surprise, haha. that was the end of my daughter doing anything in this county. it was her choice to enter all her friends were doing it. it is a lot of fun for the kids,but the adults take all that away. they say the judges didn't show up, how convient for them. sorry for the kids that understand what is going on. the people in charge think that nobody will find out, but when it is blantly done right in front of you, how can you not see what is right under your nose. my daughter learned that life is not fair, and to always do your best and you'll be proud of your performance. so in the end the people that won will always be trying to buy things for their children, mine understand you have to work hard to get ahead and even then you may not get what you want, but GOD'S LOVE IS THE ONLY THING YOU REALLY NEED.

Since: Sep 10

Ellijay, GA

#18 Sep 27, 2010
Do you mind if I ask how long ago this was?
what the f wrote:
<quoted text> NO!!! i didn't know this guy, he came and found us after the event and told us that he and one other judge they had three that year, voted for my daughter, but another girl won. he wanted to go and talk to the people in charge but we would not let him. my daughter had to go to school with the girl that won. did not want any bad blood. the judge was not the only person that night that told us that it was not right. it was shocking, even the girl that won acted surprise, haha. that was the end of my daughter doing anything in this county. it was her choice to enter all her friends were doing it. it is a lot of fun for the kids,but the adults take all that away. they say the judges didn't show up, how convient for them. sorry for the kids that understand what is going on. the people in charge think that nobody will find out, but when it is blantly done right in front of you, how can you not see what is right under your nose. my daughter learned that life is not fair, and to always do your best and you'll be proud of your performance. so in the end the people that won will always be trying to buy things for their children, mine understand you have to work hard to get ahead and even then you may not get what you want, but GOD'S LOVE IS THE ONLY THING YOU REALLY NEED.
Deepwoofy

Ellijay, GA

#19 Sep 27, 2010
Are there not far more pressing issues to worry about than some lame pageant featuring young girls, exhibited and exploited for their parents self satisfaction ? Get over it!
Laughing

Ellijay, GA

#20 Sep 27, 2010
Deepwoofy wrote:
Are there not far more pressing issues to worry about than some lame pageant featuring young girls, exhibited and exploited for their parents self satisfaction ? Get over it!
Some of these parents, usually the mothers, insist upon entering their very young daughters into these cheesy pageants,
meant to be fun and then they go postal if their precious daughters are rejected. Well that's too bad! You set yourself up for this nonsense. Hey! find some other way to make yourself feel important.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wayne Williams' Father Speaks Out (May '08) 1 hr Mike 154
NAACP investigating George and Donald Norcross ... 4 hr Tinman 16
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr WPWW 20,933
Coosawattee River Resort Raising Fees AGAIN!! (Apr '08) Sat InnocentUntilProv... 100
Illegal Aliens In Gilmer Mar 24 Fed Up with Illegals 9
Ellijay Hospital closes....what happens now? (Jun '16) Mar 23 Concerned Voter 24
rick mitchell is wanted by police Mar 21 Wow 3

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellijay Mortgages