First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Herman

Blue Ridge, GA

#1 Aug 10, 2012
I heard that Squidbillies was based on Ellijay. Is that really true or just some rumors started to poke fun at locals?
dear lord

Auburn, AL

#2 Aug 10, 2012
True
Herman

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Aug 10, 2012
Wow, guess I'll have to watch it now just to see if I recognize any of my neighbors. This should be fun.
MISSFIT

North Weymouth, MA

#4 Aug 14, 2012
seriously?...*just shakes head*
who fed dmn troll again

Ellijay, GA

#5 Aug 14, 2012
MISSFIT wrote:
seriously?...*just shakes head*
down, boy.*pat-pat-pat*
Plumb BOB

Ellijay, GA

#6 Aug 15, 2012
The Ellis J from Ellijay character is reportedly
based on a former local politico from Gilmer
County ( or is tha Gimmer Co )?

Guess Who?
Herman

Blue Ridge, GA

#7 Aug 15, 2012
Who produces it? Were they former or even current Ellijay residents? If not, were did they get their information? This is all very interesting.
Roadrunner

United States

#8 Aug 15, 2012
Graybeard is the real squidbellie.
way i hear tell

Ellijay, GA

#9 Aug 15, 2012
Herman wrote:
Who produces it? Were they former or even current Ellijay residents? If not, were did they get their information? This is all very interesting.
no clue on squidbillies but i hear/see things about hollywood types nestled away in the hills between here and hiawassee. both progressives and conservatives, for what that's worth in how they might project what goes on around these parts.
check em out

Blue Ridge, GA

#10 Aug 15, 2012
An episode in the first season CLEARLY states ELLIJAY. I think the episode is even called "Monster of Ellijay Mountain" they also mention "Ellis J. From Ellijay". And the sherriff's name is Sherriff, Early is the squid, the main character.

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/squidbillies/i...
MISSFIT

North Weymouth, MA

#11 Aug 16, 2012
Roadrunner wrote:
Graybeard is the real squidbellie.
i cant wait to visit the fine people in this town!! after i get back to civilization I will blog about it and share my experineces here.:)
way i hear tell

Ellijay, GA

#12 Aug 16, 2012
check em out wrote:
I think the episode is even called "Monster of Ellijay Mountain" they also mention "Ellis J. From Ellijay".
not very imaginative, are they?
Bob

Ellijay, GA

#13 Aug 16, 2012
Not sure but I think this movie will parallel with the 70's movie filmed in Rabun area, Deliverance. So sad...
Bob

Ellijay, GA

#14 Aug 16, 2012
These wonderful mountain folks should never be portrayed in this manner. Just read the Foxfire series to learn about old mountain customs. Great read

Since: Sep 12

ellijay

#15 Sep 6, 2012
its "hellish jay from ellijay" and no,its bsed in dougal county.i dont think thats real
boB

Ellijay, GA

#16 Sep 7, 2012
Bob wrote:
These wonderful mountain folks should never be portrayed in this manner. Just read the Foxfire series to learn about old mountain customs. Great read
You are so right I have all of them and have read each one, some several times.It is a shame he turned out to be a pedophile-- so talented
boB

Ellijay, GA

#17 Sep 7, 2012
Bob wrote:
What's sad is a lot of city folks come up here and we may talk a bit funny to what they are used to hearing.They hear a lot of our "slang" and think we are uneducated. We don't put on airs for them,hence we are looked upon as ignorant. It is our way of life and a shame people want to exploit it....
Boss Hogg

Ellijay, GA

#18 Sep 7, 2012
boB wrote:
<quoted text> What's sad is a lot of city folks come up here and we may talk a bit funny to what they are used to hearing.They hear a lot of our "slang" and think we are uneducated. We don't put on airs for them,hence we are looked upon as ignorant. It is our way of life and a shame people want to exploit it....
boB, you don't sound ignorant...you are ignorant! You are so backward.......well, never mind....you wouldn't understand anyway.
boB

Ellijay, GA

#19 Sep 7, 2012
Boss Hogg wrote:
<quoted text>
boB, you don't sound ignorant...you are ignorant! You are so backward.......well, never mind....you wouldn't understand anyway.
hey boss dont waste space you will never tick me off so go ahead and try till your heart is content.. hhhahah I live for it!!!!!
Boss Hogg

Ellijay, GA

#20 Sep 7, 2012
boB wrote:
<quoted text> hey boss dont waste space you will never tick me off so go ahead and try till your heart is content.. hhhahah I live for it!!!!!
like I said....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellijay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Saves 1000 Jobs at Carrier 2 hr ThomasA 11
Need help finding a plastic surgeon to remove i... (Apr '14) 3 hr Candicane 31
Black Widow 3 hr Richie Rich 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr 440 not fed 20,693
Excalibur Tattoos -Lousy Tattoo Business in Aug... 7 hr bitch this moron 8
Crystal Black 8 hr Yikes 19
Don't Go To Roswell Georgia 11 hr Lmao 2

Ellijay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellijay Mortgages