Ex-FBI agent to testify at Behrman trial

Ex-FBI agent to testify at Behrman trial

There are 16 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 26, 2006, titled Ex-FBI agent to testify at Behrman trial. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Defense attorneys intend to question their first witness today -- a retired FBI agent -- as the 10th day of John R. Myers II's murder trial begins after 9 a.m. Trial background The accused: John R. Myers II, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

hugh r srood

AOL

#1 Oct 26, 2006
that fbi guy looks like a drunk
wbg

Columbus, IN

#2 Oct 26, 2006
hugh r srood wrote:
that fbi guy looks like a drunk
Most of them are. Brainwashed fools.
DeeWillie

United States

#3 Oct 26, 2006
GASP!!! Jill might have been pregnant..she might have had an eating disorder...etc
What does ANY of this have to do with the case, AND I wonder who is getting their "jollies" by being able to read the young DEAD lady's diary?
SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!
Matt

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Oct 26, 2006
DeeWillie wrote:
GASP!!! Jill might have been pregnant..she might have had an eating disorder...etc
What does ANY of this have to do with the case, AND I wonder who is getting their "jollies" by being able to read the young DEAD lady's diary?
SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!
Thank you for putting it so well.
BetterThanYouWBG

Bartlett, IL

#6 Oct 26, 2006
Just how many FBI guys do you know WBG (whatta big goof?)?
Dippy

Bullard, TX

#7 Oct 26, 2006
Will someone help me out here. Not that it really matters. But was she pregnant or not. Did her mother say she was sexually active or not. Seems to me that early in the trial she was portrayed as the Virgin Mary and now the media is talking about her like she was the Debbie Does Dallas gal. Please, help me out here. I am getting confused. Plus, just want to share my thought about the scum bag John...if he is found innocent, lets hope he cleans up his act and has learned something about how his actions got him into so much trouble. Maybe all this time in jail has made him realize that if ya lay down with dogs then ya get up with fleas. However, I expect he will come out of this as mean and nasty as ever. His poor family. Seems like his Mom was the only one that feels he is innocent. Wonder how he feels being the black sheep of the family for sure. I reckon I am saying that I am afraid there isn't enough evidence to convict so he just might be home for Thanksgiving. Gees, I sure wouldn't want to go to their house that day.
qqq

Bloomington, IN

#8 Oct 26, 2006
Dippy,
I am John Myers' aunt. He is not considered the black sheep of the family. Our family has been shocked and saddened by all of this, for John as well as the Berhrmans. John has had problems in the past, but had cleaned up his act. He was using no drugs or alchohol, was taking excellent care of his daughter and earning a decent living. Our family has supported him throughout this ordeal. We are a decent family, not a bunch of trash as you so want to believe. We will welcome John back with open arms when he is found innocent.
By the way, someone like you would not be welcome at my house on Thanksgiving, no narrow minded bigots allowed here.
Dippy

Bullard, TX

#9 Oct 26, 2006
qqq wrote:
Dippy,
I am John Myers' aunt. He is not considered the black sheep of the family. Our family has been shocked and saddened by all of this, for John as well as the Berhrmans. John has had problems in the past, but had cleaned up his act. He was using no drugs or alchohol, was taking excellent care of his daughter and earning a decent living. Our family has supported him throughout this ordeal. We are a decent family, not a bunch of trash as you so want to believe. We will welcome John back with open arms when he is found innocent.
By the way, someone like you would not be welcome at my house on Thanksgiving, no narrow minded bigots allowed here.
Dear John's Aunt: I see that some of his family members are still thinking he is as innocent as a new born lamb. Wonder what Grandma still feels about him. Perhaps if you all had not protected and coddled him and bailed him out of jail so many times then he wouldn't be where he is right now. Sure, folks have "problems" but this guy is a menace to society whether you want to admit it or not. I just hope his mommy has maxed out her charge card so that she can't bail him out of jail the next time he gets into a scrape.
self-righteous

AOL

#10 Oct 26, 2006
As much as I'd like to see a conviction in this case, I don't believe there's enough evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt.
.
Not guilty.
qqq

Bloomington, IN

#11 Oct 27, 2006
To Dippy, no, not innocent as a new born lamb. Unless you personally know our family or John, you should not be making statments like this. Yes, he has a violent past, but not to strangers. I am certainly not condoning his violence in the past. As far as the grandma, I have known her for years and she is a not all there. She loves attention, which Lang lavished on her during the investigation. He wined and dined her this is fact,not speculation as you are doing. I am sure she would be happy to say anything Lang wants her to. Some people do change and everyone deserves a chance. Heaven help you if you ever are charged with a serious crime, you might change your thinking.
Dippy

Bullard, TX

#12 Oct 27, 2006
qqq wrote:
To Dippy, no, not innocent as a new born lamb. Unless you personally know our family or John, you should not be making statments like this. Yes, he has a violent past, but not to strangers. I am certainly not condoning his violence in the past. As far as the grandma, I have known her for years and she is a not all there. She loves attention, which Lang lavished on her during the investigation. He wined and dined her this is fact,not speculation as you are doing. I am sure she would be happy to say anything Lang wants her to. Some people do change and everyone deserves a chance. Heaven help you if you ever are charged with a serious crime, you might change your thinking.
So you are saying that grandma was just trying to get attention when she told a church member (also prosecutor) about Your Lamb's actions. Seems to me she was scared to death of your so called precious little nephew. It will be a shock if he is found guilty, but he isn't innocent and he needed to be punished for his past violence. All I am trying to say here, if you will listen, is the fact that he has been in jail these past months and maybe this will give him a taste of what happens to a person when they live the life style he lived. So he is Mr. Good Guy now, sooooo? If he has cleaned up his act as you say, then he should come out of that jail an upstanding citizen and not a menace to society. Let's all hope so for the sake of all the relatives he a scared the daylights out of. Did you by any chance read the police reports on your precious little innocent nephew. I did. They are available on line. Good luck to you and your family. You all are going to need it, whatever the outcome is.
Confused

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Oct 27, 2006
Dippy: I do recall some where in the bible it states that "he who is without sin cast the first stone". It sounds to me that you are casting stones at this man. Irregardless of his past his aunt is right everyone deserves a second chance. His aunt never said he was perfect and you are being judgmental based on his past. That is one of the problems with this world now no one actually truly believes in the word “rehabilitation”. In my opinion his past actions (criminal history) has no bearings on whether or not he killed this young lady. Someone without a past criminal history could commit murder and that is seen everyday. The fact you don’t know this person and are basing your opinion of him on his past is appalling.
qqq

Bloomington, IN

#14 Oct 27, 2006
Dippy, you are not worth wasting my time or intelligence on. This conversation is over.
Hmmm

AOL

#15 Oct 27, 2006
Judging this poor girl on what he had in her bedroom? I'm getting rid of my vibrator to save my family the embarrassment should I ever have a case like this in court.
misstee

Powder Springs, GA

#16 Oct 28, 2006
qqq wrote:
To Dippy, no, not innocent as a new born lamb. Unless you personally know our family or John, you should not be making statments like this. Yes, he has a violent past, but not to strangers. I am certainly not condoning his violence in the past. As far as the grandma, I have known her for years and she is a not all there. She loves attention, which Lang lavished on her during the investigation. He wined and dined her this is fact,not speculation as you are doing. I am sure she would be happy to say anything Lang wants her to. Some people do change and everyone deserves a chance. Heaven help you if you ever are charged with a serious crime, you might change your thinking.
Well said qqq. It's a shame when people convict just because a person has been arrested. There are plenty of innocent people in our prison system. A false accusation/conviction could happen to anyone at any time. Unfortunately, people beleive what they are told rather than thinking for themselves and in turn pass judgement.
If Mr. Myers is guilty, he along with anyone else who played a role in this will ultimately answer to a higher power. The same goes for anyone who has potentially lied or fabricated charges in order to conceal the truth.
Hang em high

United States

#17 Oct 29, 2006
misstee wrote:
<quoted text>
There are plenty of innocent people in our prison system.
There sure are! Just ask any one of them! They will all tell you they are INNOCENT!
My prayers to the Berhman family and thank you to the investigators who would not give up on this case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rare Coins? Jul 21 findthemhere 1
GE closing plant Jul 14 hippopotamonstros... 2
News Rx refusal bill stalls in Senate (Jan '08) Jul 12 ecluytyu 275
News Senate passes lottery privatization (Feb '07) Jul 7 one opinion 39
Jama Pegg Jul 2 the garbage life 2
Sun mart sunoco Jun '16 Curious 4
Missing person Jun '16 anonymous 3

Ellettsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellettsville Mortgages