Trial starts today in Behrman slaying

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

John R. Myers II stands accused of killing Jill Behrman, but he is only the latest person who authorities say had knowledge of the Indiana University student's disappearance and death.
Comments
61 - 66 of 66 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2006
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
wait a minute

Melrose Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

Protect us all wrote:
Yes, Dee. We all get it. You're a fan of the Ellettsville scourge. You can go ahead and support them both. The rest of around here will just go out of our way to protect ourselves from your predatory pals, John and Uriah.
Well said Protect Us All. Just as we here in Jackson County protect ourselves and our families from those who "falsely confessed" to the murder of a little girl.
dee

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2006

Oh hey why dont we do it your way and take them both out and hang them..their just crap anyway right. they dont deserve a fair trial.Its got nothing to do with being a fan of anyone,dumbass.Im not from ellettsville so i dont know the "scourge" from there.For all I know you may be the scourge from your own city.bad, good or ugly or even you, everyone deserves a fair trial.
Protect us all wrote:
Yes, Dee. We all get it. You're a fan of the Ellettsville scourge. You can go ahead and support them both. The rest of around here will just go out of our way to protect ourselves from your predatory pals, John and Uriah.
God knows who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2006

I had not heard that the cell mate admitted to lying about John's supposed statement. I also heard that the prosecution is wrapping its case up today. So is that it?? After 6 years this is all the representation that the Behrman's get? This is justice? Why did they even indict this man in the first place? For odd comments made, that we all make everyday.. never thinkning that someone is going to assume we killed someone becasue we said that. Gosh, I will be much more careful myself, I just made a comment yesterday about killing someone (jokingly, but I said it). Not that I ever would EVER do that, but if I can be convicted on that, that is scary. My heart goes out to both familes represented in court today. I pray that God's will is done... I pray for comfort for the Behrman's and for this to not end, but the real killer found and justice done for Jill and for John.
This is horrible

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2006

God knows who wrote:
I had not heard that the cell mate admitted to lying about John's supposed statement. I also heard that the prosecution is wrapping its case up today. So is that it?? After 6 years this is all the representation that the Behrman's get? This is justice? Why did they even indict this man in the first place? For odd comments made, that we all make everyday.. never thinkning that someone is going to assume we killed someone becasue we said that. Gosh, I will be much more careful myself, I just made a comment yesterday about killing someone (jokingly, but I said it). Not that I ever would EVER do that, but if I can be convicted on that, that is scary. My heart goes out to both familes represented in court today. I pray that God's will is done... I pray for comfort for the Behrman's and for this to not end, but the real killer found and justice done for Jill and for John.
exactly......John, lets say he is the one who killed her.... sadly, but will be let off. I gaurantee it. if he didnt actually do it and had no involvement then good for him.

Its still a Mystery!!!!the actual murderer will go to HELL..he will get his.
DeC

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2006

U. Clouse:
Attempted to assault his pregnant girlfriend (broke the windows out of her car while she was in it, threatened to kill her). Has been arrested numerous times for assault. Has had several restarining orders filed against him. Was last arrested for passing out drunk on the courthouse with his pants down and another woman passed out next to him. Convicted of battery after rape charges were dropped a few years ago - the woman was terrified to testify against him (his brothers are well-known thugs who beat up and intimidate those who go after Uriah).
Anyway, I once worked for a battered women's shelter in the area; believe me, Uriah J. Clouse's name is high on our list of horrible, horrible people. The rape he was accused of is not the only one, and there is not a single person involved with bateered women's issues who is not intimately familiar with this violent, vicious felon and his history.
Brad in Dallas

Allen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2006

There were things early on that pointed to to the current case. However, because of the story with Uriah & Owens, it took the investigators off of him. There were things that the judge would not let in because of past crimes that is what actually led investigators back to Myers. There were a lot of links. This information was pretty damning and I think is what will give the Behrman's comfort in the verdict. I don't know if the others were involved as well. Hopefully they will be brought to justice as well if they are. I don't know everything brought out in trial, but details of Myers' actions the day of and the days following were pretty damning as well.
dee wrote:
Brad in dallas,I guess you having been keeping up on the case since you are a friend of the behrmans,I wonder if you think that the authorities have handle this case right?Im sure the Behrmans do want the right person to pay for the crime.I understand why you have all pushed so hard to keep this case on going.I do not think that it is wrong at all.My heart goes out to the Behrmans this has been a very long&hard time for them.No matter how sad it is and how we all want the person who killed Jill to pay for what they have done, we still need to make sure the right person pays.Im not sure if John Myers killed Jill.What we have heard so far hasnt been enough to prove that.<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ellettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Mallory Hawes (Feb '09) Aug 23 scrimarc 8
molly Aug 22 whitegirl 1
Is Martinsville a racist town? Aug 21 Sean 1
Review: Promotional Opportunity Worldwide Aug 19 AwesomeGirly234 1
crappy Indiana weather Aug 11 weather 1
Serving God in different ways (Apr '09) Aug 11 CMP 6
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Martinsville, IN (Jun '13) Aug 11 Bill 4

Search the Ellettsville Forum:
•••
•••