Trial starts today in Behrman slaying

Oct 15, 2006 Read more: The Indianapolis Star 66
John R. Myers II stands accused of killing Jill Behrman, but he is only the latest person who authorities say had knowledge of the Indiana University student's disappearance and death. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
just a nobody

Bloomington, IN

#1 Oct 16, 2006
well if this is the same john i know who drug his wife-girlfriend down the road by the hair of her head she was on the outside of the truck and he was driving it and if i am not mistaken she was pregnant at the time and she also was married to a j. clouse
maden name was able then i know it is possable he did this
dee

Jeffersonville, IN

#2 Oct 16, 2006
I hope there is some real evidence in this case.some names have been drug in the dirt over this.Im sure that everyone has done something in their past that their not proud of,by the sound of it john myers has done his share,but remember this man is accused of killing Jill Behrman.bad guy or good guy doesnt really matter.what matters is did he really kill her.
Linda - Ellettsville

United States

#3 Oct 16, 2006
Anyone in the right situation can do anything - they can be drinking or just cornered by ignorant people, drugs are not the only thing that can cause someone to act out of the ordinary, BUT unless someone actually saw John do this then no one knows for sure and at this point even if someone came forward and said they saw it I would doubt it because a lot of folks want to be in the lime light even if it means lying about another. I personally think this is a witch hunt and because John has a checkered past that people want to gossip about he gets to be the one burned at the stake. I would not want it on my conscience that I could have distroyed a innocent man.
Linda - Ellettsville

United States

#4 Oct 16, 2006
Anyone can do something bad if cornered into a situation regardless if they are drinking, doing drugs or or whatever. Unless someone actually saw the murder they then they don't know and at this point I don't know if I would believe anyone who would come forward because a lot of folks like to be in the lime light even if it means lying about another person. I think this is a 'Witch Hunt' and John just happens to be a person with a checkered past and people are wanting to gossip and get this case closed so he gets to be the lucky person burned at the stake. I personnally would not want it on my conscience that I could have distroyed an innocent person.
dee

Jeffersonville, IN

#5 Oct 16, 2006
I believe that someone is going to pay for the death of jill Behrman,and if their guilty of the crime they should.make sure they are guilty.I do feel bad for jill Behrman's family.I can only hope they find their way through this.although sometimes i wonder what would happen if they didnt have the money and knowing the right people to push to get their case worked on.maybe the case would have been set aside like so many others have.lets just hope that the right guy is going to pay,and not just some bad guy that they can pen it on..
wow

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Oct 16, 2006
wow what a story there "Just a nobody"
Chrissy

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Oct 16, 2006
I beleive that this will come as a surprise to alot of people when the evidence that they have a left secret will say alot. who knows I hope an innocent man doesn't get convicted...
mmm

Carmel, IN

#8 Oct 16, 2006
people just jump to point the finger at someone when time is limited since they found her body they have to have someone to go to trial things may come out and people need to always asume that others are innocent until ther found guilty....
Roberta

AOL

#9 Oct 16, 2006
An innocent man has already been convicted. The man who's name was drug through the mud by every newspaper and television reporter. That man was accused of doing something he did not do. There was not a shred of evidence therefore they could not make an arrest but they ruined his name and made him out to be a muderer. He may have made some mistakes in his life but that did not mean that he killed someone. Gary Dunn and the others involved in the case was ready to pin Jill's murder on anyone and that may still be the case as far as John Myers is concerned. It seems as if this case was botched from the start. I feel so sorry for the Behrman family. There is nothing worst than to lose a child and for them or anyone to lose a child like this is a terrible thing. The man that was accused is also someone's child. His family has went through hell as well. He has a mother, father, brother's and a daughter and many other members of his family that had to stand by and watch his name and picture be smeared in the papers and on televison. This man did not have money to fight back. He did not have the means to hire a lawyer to clear his name therefore he and his family will have to live with this nightmare for the rest of their lives. Don't be so quick to judge it could ruin someones life forever.
Linda - Ellettsville

United States

#10 Oct 16, 2006
Roberta wrote:
An innocent man has already been convicted. The man who's name was drug through the mud by every newspaper and television reporter. That man was accused of doing something he did not do. There was not a shred of evidence therefore they could not make an arrest but they ruined his name and made him out to be a muderer. He may have made some mistakes in his life but that did not mean that he killed someone. Gary Dunn and the others involved in the case was ready to pin Jill's murder on anyone and that may still be the case as far as John Myers is concerned. It seems as if this case was botched from the start. I feel so sorry for the Behrman family. There is nothing worst than to lose a child and for them or anyone to lose a child like this is a terrible thing. The man that was accused is also someone's child. His family has went through hell as well. He has a mother, father, brother's and a daughter and many other members of his family that had to stand by and watch his name and picture be smeared in the papers and on televison. This man did not have money to fight back. He did not have the means to hire a lawyer to clear his name therefore he and his family will have to live with this nightmare for the rest of their lives. Don't be so quick to judge it could ruin someones life forever.
I agree with you. They want closure and are willing to ruin someone's life with circumstancial evidence to do it. It shows how much evil is out there when society is willing to let an innocent person take the heat just so some sort of closure can be received.
dee

Jeffersonville, IN

#11 Oct 17, 2006
Roberta wrote:
An innocent man has already been convicted. The man who's name was drug through the mud by every newspaper and television reporter. That man was accused of doing something he did not do. There was not a shred of evidence therefore they could not make an arrest but they ruined his name and made him out to be a muderer. He may have made some mistakes in his life but that did not mean that he killed someone. Gary Dunn and the others involved in the case was ready to pin Jill's murder on anyone and that may still be the case as far as John Myers is concerned. It seems as if this case was botched from the start. I feel so sorry for the Behrman family. There is nothing worst than to lose a child and for them or anyone to lose a child like this is a terrible thing. The man that was accused is also someone's child. His family has went through hell as well. He has a mother, father, brother's and a daughter and many other members of his family that had to stand by and watch his name and picture be smeared in the papers and on televison. This man did not have money to fight back. He did not have the means to hire a lawyer to clear his name therefore he and his family will have to live with this nightmare for the rest of their lives. Don't be so quick to judge it could ruin someones life forever.
I agree with you too roberta this man needs to hire a lawyer when this is all over and sue thier asses right off.I cant believe what they have put him through.wendy owens sit and made up one crazy story that was kinda pushed on her to make in the frist place.they needed to close this case because jill's family wasnt going to let them sit it aside.its a shame that they can get by with what they have put him through.I dont blame jill's family for pushing to get this case worked on I would do the same thing if I were in their shoes.Im not sure if i could have got anything done because I dont have the money or know the right people.like so many others out there my case would have been on the back burner.im sure that jill's mother&father doesnt want to see the wrong person pay for this either.I hope that they got the right guy this time.
mmm

Carmel, IN

#12 Oct 17, 2006
well Wendy what a piece of work she is the primary reason all this MONEY that has been donated ,spent and so on . If they did find anything connected to the case why isnt she on tril for something she smeared peoples names through the MUD and who knows where she is now??? John and Uriah have had to endure alot and iam sure more to come in the end ...I hope they find WHO really done this Murder! Iam sorry for all the familys involved my prayers are with you...
mmm

Carmel, IN

#13 Oct 17, 2006
That is quite a story Just A Nobody if you know so much why are you so I Know He could do this ,Nobody Knows who or what people are capable of doing heck it could have been you ...Just something to think about if you were in his place....
this is horrible

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Oct 17, 2006
Roberta wrote:
An innocent man has already been convicted. The man who's name was drug through the mud by every newspaper and television reporter. That man was accused of doing something he did not do. There was not a shred of evidence therefore they could not make an arrest but they ruined his name and made him out to be a muderer. He may have made some
mistakes in his life but that did not mean that he killed someone. Gary Dunn and the others involved in the case was ready to pin Jill's murder on anyone and that may still be the case as far as John Myers is concerned. It seems as if this case was botched from the start. I feel so sorry for the Behrman family. There is nothing worst than to lose a child and for them or anyone to lose a child like this is a terrible thing. The man that was accused is also someone's child. His family has went through hell as well. He has a mother, father, brother's and a daughter and many other members of his family that had to stand by and watch his name and picture be smeared in the papers and on televison. This man did not have money to fight back. He did not have the means to hire a lawyer to clear his name therefore he and his family will have to live with this nightmare for the rest of their lives. Don't be so quick to judge it could ruin someones life forever.
HOW CAN YOU SIT THERE AND SAY A WRONG MAN IS ALREADY BEEN CONVICTED. ARE YOU A FORTUNE TELLER WHAT? HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SIT THERE AND MAKE ASSUMPTIONS AS IF YOU KNOW IT ALL.....

IM SORRY FOR EVERY0NE WHO BELIEVE THAT ROBERTA KNOWS WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT BUT SHE DOESNT. NO MORE THAN I DO,,NO MORE THAN THE LAWYERS DO ,,,NO ONE DOES ROBERTA BUT THE MURDERER HIMSELF AND JILL IN FEW FINAL MOMENTS. HE MAY BE INNOCENT JUST AS WELL AS HE MAY BE GUILTY. BUT YOU STATED AND I QUOTE "THAT MAN IS ACCUSED OF SOMETHING HE DID NOT DO" HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW ....UNLESS YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DID IT.

GOD YOU GUYS ITS ONLY 2 DAYS INTO THIS TRIAL I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING IT DEEPLEY...FOR I WAS ALMOST ONE OF THE JURERS. THERES STILL LIKE 80 WITNESSES TO TAKE THE STAND. IT MAKE ME SICK TO HEAR SOME OF YOUR GUYS STATEMENTS ABOUT IT ALREADY AS IF YOU ARE A FREAKIN LAWYER, YOURSELF....LOL
mmm

Carmel, IN

#15 Oct 17, 2006
In all cases I think we all need to let all the info come out the let the jurors make there decision . I can say that i hope that this is a fair hering for both parties and JILLS murder is found wether its john or who it is lets hope they have the information they need to do there jobs .We are not in the court and we are not GOD so we cant judge .Peace be with all ...
dee

Jeffersonville, IN

#16 Oct 17, 2006
this is horrible wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW CAN YOU SIT THERE AND SAY A WRONG MAN IS ALREADY BEEN CONVICTED. ARE YOU A FORTUNE TELLER WHAT? HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SIT THERE AND MAKE ASSUMPTIONS AS IF YOU KNOW IT ALL.....
IM SORRY FOR EVERY0NE WHO BELIEVE THAT ROBERTA KNOWS WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT BUT SHE DOESNT. NO MORE THAN I DO,,NO MORE THAN THE LAWYERS DO ,,,NO ONE DOES ROBERTA BUT THE MURDERER HIMSELF AND JILL IN FEW FINAL MOMENTS. HE MAY BE INNOCENT JUST AS WELL AS HE MAY BE GUILTY. BUT YOU STATED AND I QUOTE "THAT MAN IS ACCUSED OF SOMETHING HE DID NOT DO" HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW ....UNLESS YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DID IT.
GOD YOU GUYS ITS ONLY 2 DAYS INTO THIS TRIAL I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING IT DEEPLEY...FOR I WAS ALMOST ONE OF THE JURERS. THERES STILL LIKE 80 WITNESSES TO TAKE THE STAND. IT MAKE ME SICK TO HEAR SOME OF YOUR GUYS STATEMENTS ABOUT IT ALREADY AS IF YOU ARE A FREAKIN LAWYER, YOURSELF....LOL
I think you need to read what roberta wrote one more time.if you know this case as well as you say then you should know what man she is talking about already being convicted.it isnt john myers that she is talking about.I dont know why you have to be such an ass about it away.
mmm

Carmel, IN

#17 Oct 17, 2006
Good job DEE you and I knew who she was talking about.....
enough

Carmel, IN

#18 Oct 17, 2006
this is horrible wrote:
<quoted text>
HOW CAN YOU SIT THERE AND SAY A WRONG MAN IS ALREADY BEEN CONVICTED. ARE YOU A FORTUNE TELLER WHAT? HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SIT THERE AND MAKE ASSUMPTIONS AS IF YOU KNOW IT ALL.....
IM SORRY FOR EVERY0NE WHO BELIEVE THAT ROBERTA KNOWS WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT BUT SHE DOESNT. NO MORE THAN I DO,,NO MORE THAN THE LAWYERS DO ,,,NO ONE DOES ROBERTA BUT THE MURDERER HIMSELF AND JILL IN FEW FINAL MOMENTS. HE MAY BE INNOCENT JUST AS WELL AS HE MAY BE GUILTY. BUT YOU STATED AND I QUOTE "THAT MAN IS ACCUSED OF SOMETHING HE DID NOT DO" HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW ....UNLESS YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DID IT.
GOD YOU GUYS ITS ONLY 2 DAYS INTO THIS TRIAL I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING IT DEEPLEY...FOR I WAS ALMOST ONE OF THE JURERS. THERES STILL LIKE 80 WITNESSES TO TAKE THE STAND. IT MAKE ME SICK TO HEAR SOME OF YOUR GUYS STATEMENTS ABOUT IT ALREADY AS IF YOU ARE A FREAKIN LAWYER, YOURSELF....LOL
How long have you followed this case ? well there was another man Uriah Clouse who was a suspect and was all over the news and the public found him guilty now he cant even go around our town with out wispers and people pointing ...This has become a wich hunt i dont know if John did this or not but Jill will get justice one way or another , there is a higher power....
Roberta

AOL

#19 Oct 18, 2006
Thank you to the people in the forum that had the sense to know what I was saying in my post. I said a man has already been convicted. He has been convicted by the news media and convicted in the public's eyes. This is to 'This Is Horrible' If you have never lived through something like this then you do not know what the hell you are talking about. For the past 6 years I along with Uriah and and all of his family members have lived it everyday. The news media will stop at nothing for a story no matter who it hurts. They want to be the first to report the Big Story and most of the time half of what they report is not true. Many reputations have been ruined by what they say and print. I know from experience that this is true because I have had a reporter come to my house wanting to get her big break by trying to get information about this very case.
I do not know who killed Jill Behrman, I wish I did and I wish I knew the names of all the other people who have committed crimes that have not been solved. I do know that a man has been accused and the Monroe County authorities had no evidence or any reason to suspect him. They spent a lot of time and money trying to convict one man and did not focus on anyone but him. This case should and could have been solved 6 years ago if they had done their jobs right. They were to busy trying to convince the Behrman family that they knew what they were doing. Well we all know that Salt Creek was not the answer. They took the word of someone sitting in a jail cell trying to save her own ass and tried to pin a murder on a man that was supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Well so far they have not proved anything with Uriah or John Myers. We cannot solve this case in this forum and we do not know if it can be solved in a court of law but we have a justice system and that is how it must be resloved. I just hope that the jurors can make the right decision and not send a man to prison or death for something that he did not do. Even if he is not convicted in a court of law John and Uriah have already been convicted in the public's eyes. And yes 'This Is Horrible' I have followed this case from day one. No I am not a fortune teller I am Uriah's Aunt and I'm sure I know a bit more about this case than you. I also know how the media and the Monroe County authorities have convicted an innocent man before they could prove him guilty.
This is horrible

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Oct 18, 2006
you never specified Clouse. going off the current information in the media John Myer is the one at hand. Then just let me apologize for that.
However, Clouse wasnt convicted. No one has been convicted yet. I have been following case, obviously not as much as you being that your family and all. However, I am very interested in the outcome of this case and very interested for justice to be served as it should. I was just upset at the fact that people are saying that he did or didnt do it. No one knows. We just have let the trial pan out and see what other "Circumstancial Evidence "that they have. I am sorry for the misinterperting who u were talking about ... I had just finished reading the current updates is all. So your nephew is ok...hes clear of it all. Thats sad how long was he a suspect for it and if you dont mind what links did they think they had that tied him to the case. yeah i have heard about Uriah being a suspect. However, i only know what the media puts out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Art is the Weapon' girl on campus 5 hr quetz 1
Drug Bust Nets 14 Arrests, Including Some From ... Apr 15 crazy 1
Post removed about Cold Case (Sep '10) Apr 13 Justice needs ser... 14
News 8th District Republican candidates a mixed bag (Feb '10) Apr 6 Susie 10
Review: Edward Jones - Financial Advisor: Jon R... (Jun '13) Oct '14 Mark 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Ellettsville, IN (May '14) May '14 Tabby T. 1
Ellettsville laundromat (Dec '12) Feb '14 Sam 6
More from around the web

Ellettsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]