Jill Behrman's parents expected to testify today

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The third day of John R. Myers II's murder trial began about 8:15 a.m., some 30 minutes after the Ellettsville handyman was brought to the Morgan County Courthouse.
Comments
21 - 40 of 63 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2006
This is horrible

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

enough wrote:
Are you on any medication? If not you need to be.....
who are you talking about and why
VERY SAD

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

It's not about being BLACK OR WHITE - it's about Jill and the justice that is over due to the person who MURDERED her! It has been the entire Behrman family that has kept her name, her face and her case in the spotlight. It was HER family and friends who organized the searches weekend after weekend – It was HER family and friends who did all the printing of the fliers –It was HER family and friends who constantly put their daughter, their granddaughter, their best friend, the FACE OF JILL in the public eye so the comments about RACE – have nothing to do with Jill or her family.
Jennifer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

I really hope they find the horrible person that murdered that poor girl. I've paid attention to the trial so far. And there seems to be no evidence what so ever. I mean you are convicted beyond a resonable doubt but yet there is so far no physical evidence. The way this has been highlighted in the media. If myers if found not guilty, the public is going to judge him as guilty and it would probably ruin his life. I hope they come up with some real evidence if he is actually guilty and they no this is the guy. But so far Im not reading nothing
enough

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

that is what I was talking about ...Who ever posted it is SICK in every possabel . I flaged it too.
enough

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

the name to watch for is MARTINSVILLE WHITE TRASH they are who posted the{did she wet herself} comment
Stephanie

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

Amen Very Sad, Amen.
Jennifer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

I feel terrible for the loss of this girls life and for her familys loss. And I really hope that they found the right guy. But so far they have no real evidence. I mean to convict a person just on some theories is crazy. But it is early on in the trial and I'm very curious as to what the prosecuters have. Also if Myers is found innocent, the way this case has been so highlighted in the media. His life in Indiana will be over. People will look at him as he is a murderer. I feel so sorry for Jill and her family, and I will also feel sorry for Myers if he is found innocent.
Community Matters

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

All of you who are complaining about the lack of attention other cases are not getting, what are you personally doing to attract attention to these cases? Are you making phone calls, writing letters, making posters, organizing vigils, knocking on doors, doing whatever it takes? Because I can assure you all, those things were done here. Money had nothing to do with the amount of awareness this community has brought to this case. This community decided that we were not going to let Jill go without a fight. We are not accustomed to violent murders in broad daylight down here in Bloomington. We didn't just wait around for the media to come here. We didn't rely soley on the police department to start the search or keep it going. We, the members of the Bloomington and Indiana University Community demanded more. Maybe your community should do the same for those women you mentioned.
This is horrible

Greenwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

OK SO I AM NEW TO THIS WHOLE FORUM THING....WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FLAG SOMETHING AND ISNT THERE A PERSON WHO MONITORS THESE ROOMS. WHAT HAPPENS
just a nobody

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

enough wrote:
the name to watch for is MARTINSVILLE WHITE TRASH they are who posted the{did she wet herself} comment
i agree the person is sick and needs help or maybe he knowssomething could be because that wasn't right
a person

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

enough wrote:
DON"T think all people from there are that sick or that retared!!!!
and sorry for the few who are inbread, but there eveywere...
enough

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

when you flag something there are monitors and they see what it is and then remove it if its bad the message earlier was horificly Disturbing and i wasnt the aonly one who read it and flaged it asap i agree this person should poss. be checked out it was uncalled for and only sick people like that could write such a terible question.....
Pallas Houser

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

Why isn't the suspect in handcuffs and shackles like a suspect should be? He could run or "flee" as the system describes a fugitive? He just walks like nothing is wrong. There are many innocent people that they shackle till they cannot even move.
Lisa

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

Pallas Houser wrote:
Why isn't the suspect in handcuffs and shackles like a suspect should be? He could run or "flee" as the system describes a fugitive? He just walks like nothing is wrong. There are many innocent people that they shackle till they cannot even move.
My opinion on this issue is that due to the fact that this is a high profile case...the jury can't see him in cuffs or even "oranges" becauae it could cause them to form an opinion or his guilt or innocence. This will help when an appeal comes around. I would imagine that the Morgan County Jail and Sheriff's Dept has him cuffed at the jail and during the transport. They probably remove the cuffs before the cameras can see. Also, if you notice most of the officers that surround him are not wearing guns because they are jail officers not police officers. Jail officers and correctional officers do not wear guns due to the fact that an inmate could grab it. I would bet a lot of money on it that there are TONS of non-uniformed police officers that have guns at hand VERY nearby in case of any problems. He was cuffed and shackled when he was moved to and from the courthouse in the very begining (if I remember correctly) it is all for the jury and thier perception.
Lisa

South Bend, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

Sorry I can't spell tonight! Also, I meant that he was cuffed when he left the jail and during transport, not while he is at the jail! It has been a long day!
reader

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2006

The trial isn't over yet. Keep watching, we don't know for sure that they don't have any hard evidence do we? And the reason this murder case is a big deal is because people care. They feel for Jills family and friends. And people want to see that justice is served.
This is horrible

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2006

Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion on this issue is that due to the fact that this is a high profile case...the jury can't see him in cuffs or even "oranges" becauae it could cause them to form an opinion or his guilt or innocence. This will help when an appeal comes around. I would imagine that the Morgan County Jail and Sheriff's Dept has him cuffed at the jail and during the transport. They probably remove the cuffs before the cameras can see. Also, if you notice most of the officers that surround him are not wearing guns because they are jail officers not police officers. Jail officers and correctional officers do not wear guns due to the fact that an inmate could grab it. I would bet a lot of money on it that there are TONS of non-uniformed police officers that have guns at hand VERY nearby in case of any problems. He was cuffed and shackled when he was moved to and from the courthouse in the very begining (if I remember correctly) it is all for the jury and thier perception.
you know what ...I believe that to be true. I was one of the last few remaining to be selected for being a jurer on this trial and they did say things like that in the court room. John and the defense team and the state were there in the court room screening us asking questions undre oath and some of the questions were along the lines like ...could you base your decision of the facts alone and believe innocent until prooven guilty. SO yes, they obviously do that for a reason because they do not have any direct link to the murder but just circumstancial evidence thay MAY point John Myers II the the murder.
Crying Shame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2006

Stephanie wrote:
I agree Truth Hurts, I mean the bottom line are the innocent victims in this. No matter race or class. They are all innocent. It boggled my mind while reading the other comments about why this case has been on the news more than others. Either way, if they have money or not, it is still someone's life. Someone's life we are carelessly talking about. I wish people would step out of their bubble and realize that.
I know its a life being taken, it can be any other case, but you never see anything being aired like this about a missing woman found dead. If you have, let me know, give me a name. Let me help you. Caisha Mines, Latrice Graham, Patricia Mason, these women was a week long issue, not even a week, and 2 have been found, nothing has came about from those so called cases, could it be either was in college? could it be 2 was on welfare? all these ladies was a loving mother, they sturggled to take care of they kids, why are they not reconized? They parents are hurting just like this chicks parents.
forensics in training

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2006

This is horrible wrote:
<quoted text>
you know what ...I believe that to be true. I was one of the last few remaining to be selected for being a jurer on this trial and they did say things like that in the court room. John and the defense team and the state were there in the court room screening us asking questions undre oath and some of the questions were along the lines like ...could you base your decision of the facts alone and believe innocent until prooven guilty. SO yes, they obviously do that for a reason because they do not have any direct link to the murder but just circumstancial evidence thay MAY point John Myers II the the murder.
You aren't a juror. The jurors are being kept in isolation in a Martinsville motel.
forensics in training

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2006

While it is not my place to determine innocence or guilt, there is really more circumstantial evidence against Behrman's coworker than there is against Myers.

The married coworker, Brian Hollars, also lived very close to where the bike was found. He was allegedly having an affair with Jill, and there was more evidence that she was pregnant than just a book. There was a pregnancy test, condoms (note: Jill’s mother testified that she was not sexually active), the morning after pill, and several infant and child rearing books (not the type that are used as textbooks in child development classes, or the IU human sexuality classes, I have taken these classes.) This does not make Behrman a bad person by any means, but it does suggest that there are things that we don’t know and probably never will.

Hollars also owns the same type of gun used to kill Jill Behrman. I find it odd that they merely questioned him about the ownership of his guns, yet they seized the stolen guns that were once in the possession of Myers and not one of them was a .12 gauge shotgun. There was a piece of the gun found at the crime scene, and they didn't even bother to look and see if Hollars’ gun was intact. Myer's also has an alibi that Burnham would not allow, because the prosecution withheld the information until after the submission deadline.

Again, I'm no expert (yet) and only the murderer knows who he or she (jealous wife perhaps?) is.

Yes, Myers is a criminal, he has done some terrible things, but is he a murderer?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ellettsville Discussions

Search the Ellettsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Martinsville, IN (Jun '13) Jul 24 Jenn 2
BAGHDAD IS BURNING - Way to go boosh! Jul 22 JOE NASTY 2
hung guys Jul 21 blah 8
corrupt judge craney Jul 21 TRJ 2
Homecoming Festival set to be rip-roaring good ... (Sep '08) Jul 18 Paragon Citizen 4
Does Spencer need a taxi? (Jan '13) Jul 17 Curiosityforever 2
Michael Noel (Apr '13) Jul 17 lmao 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ellettsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ellettsville People Search