Jill Behrman's parents expected to te...

Jill Behrman's parents expected to testify today

There are 63 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 18, 2006, titled Jill Behrman's parents expected to testify today. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The third day of John R. Myers II's murder trial began about 8:15 a.m., some 30 minutes after the Ellettsville handyman was brought to the Morgan County Courthouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
This is horrible

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 18, 2006
I WISH IF HE DID DO IT IF HE WOULD JUST ADMIT TO IT. I DONT HONOSTLY SEE HOW A PERSON CAN DO SUCH A HORRIBLE ACT AND THEN KEEP IT SECRET. IT HAS TO SUCK FOR THOSE WHO WERENT TOTALLY INVOLVED HAVE TO MAKE THE DECISION ON WETHER OR NOT A CERTAIN PERSON DID SUCH A HOORRBILE THING.
Brent

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 18, 2006
So let me get this straight. There's no murder weapon, no physical evidence, no witnesses to the act and no DNA evidence.

I'm not trying to say this guy did or didn't do it but it seems as if they hastily picked this guy based on a lot of circumstantial evidence.
Objective

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Oct 18, 2006
Brent, there was no hasty about it. Law enforcement and the family have been tirelessly pursuing every conceivable angle and detail for years. Murderers can be convicted based on less, and the vast majority of them are guilty. Let's let the trial play out--maybe the evidence, whatever kind, is sound.
This is horrible

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Oct 18, 2006
Brent wrote:
So let me get this straight. There's no murder weapon, no physical evidence, no witnesses to the act and no DNA evidence.
I'm not trying to say this guy did or didn't do it but it seems as if they hastily picked this guy based on a lot of circumstantial evidence.
well when i was in the court room under screening for this trial they say they have such good and circumstancial evidence that points him to the murder. youll see. its only the 3 rd
Morgan County Police

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Oct 18, 2006
Am I the only person who finds it strange that the Morgan County police are not transporting him with handcuffs? Not exactly a message I would prefer to send as a police agency in charge of a possible murder suspect.
This is horrible

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Oct 18, 2006
Morgan County Police wrote:
Am I the only person who finds it strange that the Morgan County police are not transporting him with handcuffs? Not exactly a message I would prefer to send as a police agency in charge of a possible murder suspect.
you know thats exactly what I thought too. Im of course not the law but Im glad you said it.
Why no handcuffs

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Oct 18, 2006
is this guy somehow more trustworthy than other defendants? I keep thinking about the guy down in Atlanta who grabbed a bailiff's gun and killed several people, including the judge.
Parent of a lost child

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Oct 18, 2006
Will someone please tell me WHAT Jill's parents taking the stand and describing their daughter to a jury brings to the case? From what I read in The Star yesterday, and it was a quote from someone "she was at the wrong place at the wrong time...". I am truly sorry for their loss and I honestly hope that law enforcement has the right culprit, but what, please tell me, what does hearing how wonderful Jill was shed any evidence on why and whether or not this guy did it. I pled my case to the Michigan City fathers to put up more and bigger signs at Washington Beach to warn unsuspecting swimmers about the fierce undertow - but to no avail. My voice was not strong enough. But, how is this murder case any different than cases here in Indianapolis where some underprivileged teenager is killed in a drive-by shooting?
This is horrible

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Oct 18, 2006
Parent of a lost child...I have wondered that as well. but you seem pretty bitter about it. Given your choice in a name...have you lost a child as well?
TopRamen

Danville, IN

#10 Oct 18, 2006
Her parents were crime victims, too. I think their testimony is relevant--especially since defendants these days have the right to bring their entire past history--including abusive childhoods--before the jury. Her parents also helped answer one of my questions--"why was she riding alone?" Their explanation made sense to me.

Now, one things that disturbs me greatly is that the local news outlets are showing her remains. I think it's important for the jury to see, but NOT the public. I was watching Dancing with the Stars with my family when her skeleton popped up on the screen. Why did I have to be subjected to that?
Martinsville Resident

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Oct 18, 2006
Why is it he his delivered in no shakles, handcuffs, etc. and people in jail for non-violent crimes are?127
Martinsville Resident

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Oct 18, 2006
Why is a person on a Murder Charge allowed and brought in no handcuffs, shackles, etc. and all others/even non-violent offenders are brought in that way? I am very confused and upset about this. Do they want him to run? Oh yes, I forgot isn;t there some relation w/Sheriff Department?
Laura

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Oct 18, 2006
My heart goes out the Behrman family. This must be a horrific tragedy to have to keep recalling over and over
shannon

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Oct 18, 2006
although it was a sad ending for this family, the reward for finding her body was never paid. as jill's father called IPL who ownd the land at that time to say, that the person that found the body worked for IPL and the reward money had been used up and the person that found the body was harrassing them which was just not true. the person that found the body his name is Tim and he still works for IPL
Crying Shame

Columbus, OH

#19 Oct 18, 2006
Hell she is not the only girl, missing and now found dead, and she is not going to be the last, wish they would of focused more on other victims, besides her. Her story has been aired for a couple years now. I dont understand, they dont go this deep when a child of a african american family has been missing, and found dead.
Stephanie

Evansville, IN

#20 Oct 18, 2006
I posted this on the other discussion board of the case. Some were claiming race and others class issues. Here was my opinion.

Mone y. it all has to do with money. If you are middle to lower class, no one cares. Money.
This is really sad that you say this. Are you forgetting that this was a woman, who frankly is not much younger than myself, who was minding her business and doing something she loved. It has no matter to money nor her class. She was murdered and it wasn't her fault. She never asked for this publicity and I am sure her family would give it all back just to have her for one more day. What is sad is the fact that we have people who are turning their nose up to this case because you are ASSUMING the victim or the victim's family has money. Have you no heart, it shouldn't matter upper/middle/lower class, this is a tragedy and you should be keeping this woman and her family in your prayers, and praying they have found the killer so that Martinsville and surrounding areas can finally sleep in peace at night.
Truth Hurts

Westfield, IN

#21 Oct 18, 2006
Because he's white
Martinsville Resident wrote:
Why is a person on a Murder Charge allowed and brought in no handcuffs, shackles, etc. and all others/even non-violent offenders are brought in that way? I am very confused and upset about this. Do they want him to run? Oh yes, I forgot isn;t there some relation w/Sheriff Department?
Stephanie

Evansville, IN

#22 Oct 18, 2006
Truth Hurts wrote:
Because he's white<quoted text>
Oh my... here we go again.
Truth Hurts

Westfield, IN

#23 Oct 18, 2006
I agree. I feel deeply for Jill's family's loss but now that we have a suspect in this case, we have MANY other cases that deserve the same attention as this one with MANY other children and/or adults that are missing or have been murdered. Not to say anything bad about this because there was an innocent life taken by the hands another.
Crying Shame wrote:
Hell she is not the only girl, missing and now found dead, and she is not going to be the last, wish they would of focused more on other victims, besides her. Her story has been aired for a couple years now. I dont understand, they dont go this deep when a child of a african american family has been missing, and found dead.
Stephanie

Evansville, IN

#24 Oct 18, 2006
I agree Truth Hurts, I mean the bottom line are the innocent victims in this. No matter race or class. They are all innocent. It boggled my mind while reading the other comments about why this case has been on the news more than others. Either way, if they have money or not, it is still someone's life. Someone's life we are carelessly talking about. I wish people would step out of their bubble and realize that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr Labban's new Co Dr (Dr. Harris?) 54 min looking at you now 51
David A. Turpin 44 Greene county Fri Callem out 1
Chandra Day and Jack Farmer Jr Fri Mommyloveskids5 2
Trista Taylor Fri Mommyloveskids5 2
News Celebration of literature opens Black History M... Feb 4 LoL 1
News Missing student's mom hopeful for break in case... Jan 30 cpeter1313 1
Post removed about Cold Case (Sep '10) Jan 22 KEH 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellettsville Mortgages