Physical test too much, marshal quits

Physical test too much, marshal quits

There are 65 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 12, 2008, titled Physical test too much, marshal quits. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Town Marshal Gary Darland dropped 24 pounds training for the rigorous physical tests he needed to pass to keep his job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
ABC

Duncan, OK

#65 Mar 12, 2008
All cops should retire when they can't do their duty mentally, morally, and physically.

Call ABC---Anybody But a Cop!!
ABC

Duncan, OK

#66 Mar 12, 2008
Man of POWER wrote:
<quoted text>
That can't be all bad. If you got paid $25-$30 dollars an hour to stand in a supermarket smart***, you would be right there.
Here we go again about tax payers money. Cops pay taxes too and if you are that concerned about it, go by your local law enforcement department and pick up an application so you too can have your car running outside.
GROW UP DUMB***!
What a jerk of a cop.
coffee addict

Valparaiso, IN

#67 Mar 12, 2008
Seems like age discremination to me.
He was being fired

Gosport, IN

#68 Mar 13, 2008
The only reason Gary resigned is because he knew as other's did at least 5 days before the last board meeting on Monday that he was going to be fired. He was a joke, should have never been hired in the first place. He caused nothing but turmoil among the Ellettsville police department while all this time spending thousand's among thousand's dollar's on squad cars having only a little over 20,000 miles on them.....He may have been a good person away from the department but I personally know at the department all the grief he caused for the officer's there. A lot of this can also be put on the town council.........they are a complete embarrassment to the community. Hopefully things will only get better from now on as things can't get any worse than they have been the last two years. I have family member's who are and have been police officer's in the Indy area and they know all the political BS that goes on. The sad part it has taken many good police officer's off of the street and choosing to retire because after 20+ years on the force and enjoying everyday of their job serving our communities. They have either retired from the police force or moved to other communities and states because it wasn't worth all the BS they have to put up with and the joy they once had serving and protecting all of us taken away.
Thought sharing

United States

#69 Mar 16, 2008
Sown Oats wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks. I'd rather keep doing what I'm doing & BE A PRODUCER FOR SOCIETY, not a COMPLETE USER. My income far exceeds theirs. And your's too from the figures you give as "good" wages. Go hang around a high school, loser boy.
Sown oats? Sounds more like sour grapes; sour grapes that someone (the police or any government entity) might have the ability to deal with your over-inflated sense of self-worth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellettsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
large reward stolen african grey parrot (Feb '12) Sat Jules 10
News Good Friday Censored in Bloomington Apr 21 Farouk Yousef 2
News Tips To Meth Team Lead To ArrestsFriday, March ... Apr 18 LoosersDuh 10
Pizza question from an out of towner (Apr '16) Apr 14 We miss Coach Knight 14
IU just got beat by Ft Wayne Apr 14 We miss Coach Knight 8
Sara Brooks is a SLUT! Apr 6 Justin 5
I think Lauren Spierer was setup. (Jun '11) Apr 3 Slim 64

Ellettsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance