AL Snyder

Ellenville, NY

#1 Oct 17, 2013
On January 4, 2013 my mother’s house burnt to the ground. My sister and her husband were living with her, as she had stage 4 breast cancer, and was terminally ill. The fire burned so hot and furiously they lost everything. They barely escaped with the clothes on their backs. Even precious pets were lost in the blaze.
The looters started very early going on the property and stealing what things survived due to being outdoors. Maybe the criminals thought these people had money because the house was being rebuilt. Not the case. There are still two mortgages on the property. The insurance barely covered the cost of the rebuild. The separate insurance they received for loss of personal property had to also be applied to the rebuild.
My mother lost her battle with cancer, this past august, and never got to see the finished product of her new home. My sister and her husband are taking over the house and all the expenses. They are struggling to afford basic furnishings due to other expenses that come with starting over, electric, propane, taxes, etc…
My sister’s boss gave her some chairs to use on her porches from a restaurant remodel two weeks ago. Because the workers were in and out trying to finish up the she placed them in the side yard. Again, some cold hearted person decided it was easy pickings and went on the property in the night and stole the chairs. That is very sad and pathetic. I hope the perpetrator feels some sort of remorse although I doubt it. I am appalled at how grimy and cruel people can be.
so sad

Accord, NY

#2 Dec 6, 2013
I'm srry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 3 hr truth 759
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Fri liberalP 6,443
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Robert Burns 16,790
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 675
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,389
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri No one 440
Justin Startup? Aug 28 just curious 1
•••

Ellenville News Video

•••
•••

Ellenville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Ellenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE