a store in the village
ridge

United States

#1 Mar 5, 2010
What kind of store do you think would do well in the village? Is there a type of business that is sorely needed?
laney

Kingston, NY

#2 Mar 8, 2010
YES A PET STORE! I HATE DRIVING TO PETCO A HR AWAY FOR PET STUFF ID LIKE TO BE ABLE TO GO DOWN THE ROAD AND BE ABLE TO BUY PET FOOD DOES NOT HAVE TO HAVE DOGS OR CATS JUST HAMSTERS FISH BIRDS FERRETS REPTILES AND CAGES AND STUFF LIKE THAT ITS THE ONLY THING WE DONT HAVE AROUND THIS TOWN SO I SUGGEST THAT OR A MASSAGE PLACE NO WHERE LOCAL LIKE THAT EITHER
Tristate

Trenton, NJ

#3 Mar 17, 2010
I'd love a store where you could walk in and hire anyone from a professional (a handyman, plumber) to someone to mow your lawn, clean the gutter, babysit, help in a garden etc. This wouldn't be a job placement agency, which is tailored to the employee's needs, but would be a resource for a homeowner-like a match.com , but for jobs. I'd love to hire someone local who would be willing to show up (and not complain Ellenville is too far away). I hate looking for help in a phone book. People could leave their "resumes", the store would do a basic background check for licenses, complaints (like service magic), leave references etc. Locals could get hired for jobs, teens could find summer gigs.. There is so much demand for help (especially in the summer) and word of mouth or slips of paper on a bulletin board in Shoprite are NOT the best way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hasidic takeover (Aug '15) Dec '15 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 7
Krulick gets schooled! (May '11) Nov '15 Gloria Jane 52
News Fear of taxes, or of Hasidim? (Sep '13) Nov '15 Lakewood 41
McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts going out of business? (Nov '07) Sep '15 Kathy Gerrity 8
Review: Agway Pine Bush (Nov '08) Jul '15 Bellows 21
Local Politics Do you approve of Joseph P. Stoeckeler as Legis... (Oct '13) May '15 abc 2
Review: Stoeckeler Realty (May '15) May '15 abc 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellenville Mortgages