Port Jervis boom cars could be quieted

Mar 23, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: RecordOnline.com

Kathryn Riviello is on a crusade against bone-rattling music studios on wheels called boom cars.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of284
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jervis guy

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

people need to relax. lifes too short to be pissed off all the time. the car drives by for 5 seconds, then its gone. get over it.
boomcarhater

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Judged:

"the car drives by for 5 seconds then its gone" but not when six boom cars go by every hour! A documentary about the boom car problem will be produced hopefully by the end of summer. People are not understanding the severity of this problem. Pls visit noisefree.org and educate yourself on the matter, click on boom cars.
Port Jervis Gal

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2009

Judged:

I still maintain that RARELY EVER hear a boom car go by and I live on Owen St, in the heart of the 4th ward.

I understand the ramifications of the "boom cars", and if you had asked a 4 or 5 years ago, I would have agreed that they were a problem. But I don't believe that they are anymore.
jervis guy

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

Judged:

6 in an hour, that equals thirty seconds of dispersed noise throughout the hour. thats just terrible, 30 seconds of noise is just outrageous and it must be stopped!!! haha
bound up

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2009

Judged:

It must be stopped if it's at night and you're trying to sleep!
PJPETER

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2009

Judged:

This woman wasted more time with her fight than the amount of time she felt her life was disrupted by these boom cars driving by.Someone has way to much time on there hands.Does she complain about Harleys also or is just a personal issue she has lingering from when she was a child ?
Port Jervis Gal

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

This woman is running for a 4th ward council seat. She won't be getting my vote.
PJPETER

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2009

Judged:

Why would anyone vote for her .She has already showed how to waste time God forbid you let her have any tax dollars to spend .LOL
Port Jervis Gal

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Judged:

I definitely believe there are more important issues than she ones she chooses to ramble about during the public comment session at the common council meetings.
Mr Boom Car

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Judged:

Guys seriously, think of the children, their hearing can be damaged from these loud cars going down the street...ok maybe not...but think of how this is disrupting the peace and quiet in port jervis...wait, no, even the loudest of these cars are no louder than a Harley or a passing by Uhaul Truck...Ok well think of all the people with nothing better to do than find something to complain about! There we go, this gives them something to do. Now lets spend 50 times more time out of our lives to stop this "outrage" than the 2 seconds it takes for these so called "boom cars" to drive away...Wait that doesn't make sense, we have real crimes like drugs and robberies and stabbings to take care of, but those can wait, these growing drug problems and recent violent crimes are nothing compared to these boom cars, seriously these boom cars must be stopped!!!
hahaa its seriously sad how much time people have on their hands to fight this. I work hard all day everyday to survive and prosper in this economy and feed my family, and it makes me sick that there are people with enough free time to make an issue out of something this mediocre while I'm out here working to support my family? Seriously, put your energy into something else.
I wish this would get into the times herald record, it would be the laughing stock of orange county that we are wasting time on this issue.
Mr Boom Car

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

There are soo many issues in port jervis that if a penny of my tax money (the huge chunk of money out of MY paycheck each month) goes to enforcing this boom car "epidemic", im going to move to somewhere where they have their priorities straight. This is sick. And in this economy?? If a fraction of tax payers money goes to this cause, its a shame.
Mr Boom Car

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

By the way I went to noisefree.com I had a good laugh, a really good laugh. noisefree.com is doing everything within their power to ban anything from barking dogs to leaf blowers.

I'm not kidding, in addition to everyday objects such as trains and car alarms that are a part of life, they've gone as far as to be against dog barking and leaf blowers. Seriously i'm not making this up, visit the site. Whats next, ban blenders? maybe kids playing on the playground? Firetrucks and woodpeckers?

Seriously....People really really amaze me sometimes. Lets ban alarm clocks while we're at it. genius.
PJPETER

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

LMFAO What a joke!!!!!
Mr Boom Car

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

Yea seriously. Did you see the website? It is a joke man. I found it hard to take seriously, I wasn't sure if it was real or not. Sad but true haha
PJPETER

Middletown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

Judged:

These are the people who should never be elected .Enough of the taxpayers money is wasted ,god forbid if one of these idiots were to get into office.Yes what a waste of a website www.noisefree.org Noise free America wow.
Mr Boom Car

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

Yea man lol, when I clicked on the website, I instantly thought the person who posted it was being sarcastic, then I realized they were serious
Scorpion Lad

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2009

So thats it? No one has anything to say?
Mrs Cuddlebuddle

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

Judged:

These Boom Cars are a nuisance. I was perturbed with the exotic music followed by and overwhelming bass during my evening walk last week on fowler street. The bass was just too deep and too loud. Even though it lasted just seconds it was enough to ruin my night.
guicy fruit

Saugerties, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2009

Seriously? like honestly?? wow
Maillet

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2009

Judged:

It's not music. It's garbage that these little punks think is music. Sounds more like an old National Geographic documentary.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of284
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ellenville Discussions

Search the Ellenville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Plotmaster 6,343
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 12 hr Voter 16,767
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Sun Sham Hanutty 436
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Jul 16 positronium 6,330
All Sullivan budgets easily pass Jun '14 Michael Oleary 2
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Cmon Already 754
Brook Lake (May '08) Jun '14 JohnnyQ 7
•••
•••

Ellenville News Video

•••
•••

Ellenville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ellenville People Search