Former Ellenville Resident, Author Ro...

Former Ellenville Resident, Author Robin Cohen Westmiller to sign new book

Posted in the Ellenville Forum

Robin Cohen Westmiller

#1 Aug 5, 2006
FORMER ELLENVILLE RESIDENT ROBIN COHEN WESTMILLER TO SIGN HER MEMOIR: "Blood Tastes Lousy With Scotch" How I rescued my father from greedy cousins, thieving attorneys and the Florida Guardianship System”
FRIDAY, AUGUST 25, 2006, BORDERS BOOKS AND MUSIC AT THE Galleria at Crystal Run, 7:00 -9:00 PM,
Former Ellenville resident Robin Cohen Westmiller will be returning to her home town for three book signing events of her memoir Blood Tastes Lousy With Scotch,. The true story of how she rescued her father, Ruby Cohen of Cohens’ Bakery in Ellenville, NY, from greedy cousins, thieving attorney and the Florida Guardianship System.
Westmiller is quoted as saying,“This is the true account of the events that lead to the near destruction of our family at the hands of my cousins, a court appointed guardian, and one of the most powerful Elder Law attorneys in South Florida.
Anyone who has vacationed in the beautiful Catskill Mountains knows the village of Ellenville, New York, and no visit to Ellenville was complete without a stop in Cohen's Quality Bakery, "Home of the World Famous Raisin Pumpernickel." Cohen’s Bakery owners Ruby and Reginia Cohen struggled together for over fifty years to build a lasting legacy for their grandchildren and financial security for themselves in their retirement years, yet it took only a handful of outsiders less than eighteen months to destroy everything they worked their entire lives to acquire.
Blood Tastes Lousy With Scotch is a story of determination, fortitude and of the victory, which inspired the creation of the National Association To Stop Guardian Abuse.
They say blood is thicker than water, but you can't bathe in it, you can't cook with it, and blood tastes lousy with scotch.
Writing under the pen name Raven West, Westmiller is also the author of Red Wine for Breakfast and First Class Male, and a collection of erotica short stories “Journey To Dimension Nine” published under the name FireBird. Robin will have copies of all her works for sale at the Blueberry Festival on Sat, Aug 26th. She will be discussing the nightmarish events surrounding her family and the future plans for the National Association to Stop Guardian Abuse, at the Ellenville Library, Thursday, Aug 23 from 6:00 - 7:00 PM
To visit Robin Cohen Westmiller online, go to
For information on NASGA, go to

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Feb 21, 2008
Robin C. Westmiller is no longer associated with National Association to Stop Guardian Abuse.

Hurleyville, NY

#3 Feb 21, 2008
So what? That post is a year and a half old.
Whats your point??

Roslyn Heights, NY

#4 Jul 28, 2008

Dublin, Ireland

#5 Mar 24, 2010
robin is a cow
Dav Lev

#6 Apr 3, 2010
What about all the time and effort and financing
provided by thoughtful children of "guardians" to aid over many years.

I have seen many instances where elderly people
are given daily attention by their children, often times in difficult circumstances.

Those of us who did help our parents in old age, and aided them in their worst moments,(and I'm assuming we are in the majority), should
be complimented.

Sure, there are exceptions..but is the premise
applicable to more than just a handful?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pine bush dying (Feb '16) Jul '16 KEiden214 2
Brook Lake (May '08) Jun '16 prggroup 8
Moving to pine bush (Nov '07) Jun '16 Mr- Morris 10
Review: Troy Reid and The Do It yourself World... May '16 George Smith 3
May 4, 2016. Need help May '16 Chris 1
News New mayor, trustee in Bloomingburg Updated at (Mar '16) Apr '16 Bill Medvecky 2
Krulick gets schooled! (May '11) Mar '16 Patriot 53

Ellenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellenville Mortgages