Body of Seattle Man Found In Ellensburg

Body of Seattle Man Found In Ellensburg

There are 20 comments on the KNDU.com story from Feb 25, 2008, titled Body of Seattle Man Found In Ellensburg. In it, KNDU.com reports that:

ELLENSBURG, Wash.- The body of a 30-year-old Seattle man is found near the I-90 West Interchange Sunday morning. via KNDU.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNDU.com.

Anthony Short

Seattle, WA

#1 Feb 27, 2008
I really hope that this is resolved with the best attention and investigating available. Considering, this is 1st time with death to this nature in this city since I believe 2000, I would exspect the investigating people involved, would have all the more time and practice to invest in putting this case to its closure. By the way, Lonnie Short, this victim is my full blooded brother, and I love and miss him very much. Anthony
Anthony Short

Seattle, WA

#2 Feb 27, 2008
I really hope that this is resolved with the best attention and investigating available. Considering, this is 1st time with death to this nature in this city since I believe 2000, I would exspect the investigating people involved, would have all the more time and practice to invest in putting this case to its closure. By the way, Lonnie Short, this victim is my full blooded brother, and I love and miss him very much. Anthony
Christy

Olympia, WA

#3 Mar 2, 2008
This crushed me. Lonnie and I dated and lived together for 2 years and I am so sad that his passing was this tragic. Lonnie was struggling to come up in this world, and he was often misunderstood. He was a kind, gentle, funny, caring individual.....and this is way to sudden. I only hope this mystery is solved..truly sad.
Brian James

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Mar 3, 2008
A friend of mine as well. I had a surfer at E's for you bro.
Brian James

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Mar 3, 2008
Autopsy Results for Body Found in Ellensburg

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 04:56 PM

Updated: Feb 27, 2008 04:56 PM

ELLENSBURG -- Autopsy results are in for the Seattle man found dead in a ditch in Ellensburg.

The coroner says 30 year old Lonnie Short drowned and it was by accident; there were no signs of foul play.

Shorts body was found near the I-90 West interchange Sunday morning.

Results also show Short had been drinking when he died.

The last homicide case in Ellensburg was back in June 2002.
Christy

Lakewood, WA

#6 Mar 3, 2008
Brian, thank you for the info, did you go to the gathering yesterday?? [email protected]
POMInnocence

Edmonds, WA

#7 Mar 4, 2008
Lonnie is an angel I don't care how broken his wings were they aren't now. redruM thats not how he would want to go. nor suicide. Something smells fishy in that effen ditch.How long, how well is this little italian fox and her trigger happy brudda.......dis aint uva yet, i hear blood cryin out from beyond and I don't like what eyes I is a hearin youz nose. so If the Short Family would like to contact me please do. I knew Mr L.R. Short better than all of those idiot "friend" that loved him enought to let him end up dead in a mudda effen ditch!!! May He Rest In Peace! Which in fact He is Praise CHRIST! No thanks to any of youz. Not you Christy. I am sure he loved you.
Christy wrote:
This crushed me. Lonnie and I dated and lived together for 2 years and I am so sad that his passing was this tragic. Lonnie was struggling to come up in this world, and he was often misunderstood. He was a kind, gentle, funny, caring individual.....and this is way to sudden. I only hope this mystery is solved..truly sad.
Christy

Lakewood, WA

#9 Mar 4, 2008
contact me
[email protected]
Justin

North Pole, AK

#11 Jun 3, 2010
POMInnocences is an idiot, he has no right to bash Lonnie's friends he's been my best friend since I was 10. The only true friend I've ever had. And one thing I know very well is that he appreciated each and everyone of his friends. I've been devistated by his passing. I think about him everyday and miss him very much. -Justin
Christy

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Nov 12, 2010
I still think about him everyday. I go here just to feel a connection.....hurts the same as ever.
[email protected]
Christy
Miss you Lonster
Justin wrote:
POMInnocences is an idiot, he has no right to bash Lonnie's friends he's been my best friend since I was 10. The only true friend I've ever had. And one thing I know very well is that he appreciated each and everyone of his friends. I've been devistated by his passing. I think about him everyday and miss him very much.-Justin
LONNIE SHORTS BROTHER

Seattle, WA

#13 Dec 25, 2010
POMInnocence wrote:
Lonnie is an angel I don't care how broken his wings were they aren't now. redruM thats not how he would want to go. nor suicide. Something smells fishy in that effen ditch.How long, how well is this little italian fox and her trigger happy brudda.......dis aint uva yet, i hear blood cryin out from beyond and I don't like what eyes I is a hearin youz nose. so If the Short Family would like to contact me please do. I knew Mr L.R. Short better than all of those idiot "friend" that loved him enought to let him end up dead in a mudda effen ditch!!! May He Rest In Peace! Which in fact He is Praise CHRIST! No thanks to any of youz. Not you Christy. I am sure he loved you. <quoted text>
So as long as its been since you probally wrote that comment, i just now read it and i just wanted to know from you what you meant when you said his friends let him die in a ditch? And some of the rest of the message too. Please explain...His brother tony
LONNIE SHORTS BROTHER

Seattle, WA

#14 Dec 25, 2010
So as long as its been since you probally wrote that comment, i just now read it and i just wanted to know from you what you meant when you said his friends let him die in a ditch? And some of the rest of the message too. Please explain...His brother tony
Christy

Bellingham, WA

#15 Feb 26, 2011
Missing you Lonnie. RIP my friend
Christy

United States

#16 Sep 20, 2011
Still missing you as much as ever Lonnie. RIP my friend :(
Christy

Lacey, WA

#17 Dec 7, 2011
Missing you Lonster- I'd give anything to see that smile in some way other than photographs
Cindy

Seattle, WA

#18 Dec 9, 2011
Hi Christy, I am soooo very sorry for your loss. I'm not sure if this is the same Lonnie that I know and love and with everything in me I'm hoping that this isn't where my search for him ends. If it is than we may have met. We would have met you at Golden gardens park when my family was gathered and we coincidentally ran into Lonnie. We accepted Lonnie as part of our family since he was about 8yrs. He comes and goes, and we never knew how to find him, but he always manages to come back to us. But, this time was too long and I started my search for him and found this horrible story. If the email address listed above for you is correct, I would like to talk with you.
Thank you...
Christy

Lacey, WA

#19 Feb 3, 2012
Still missing you like it was yesterday- I hate this month- every year since you've been gone. I love you still today as much as yesterday- if not more as every day has passed. RIP Lonnie
Jamie

Miami Beach, FL

#20 Apr 9, 2012
Cindy wrote:
Hi Christy, I am soooo very sorry for your loss. I'm not sure if this is the same Lonnie that I know and love and with everything in me I'm hoping that this isn't where my search for him ends. If it is than we may have met. We would have met you at Golden gardens park when my family was gathered and we coincidentally ran into Lonnie. We accepted Lonnie as part of our family since he was about 8yrs. He comes and goes, and we never knew how to find him, but he always manages to come back to us. But, this time was too long and I started my search for him and found this horrible story. If the email address listed above for you is correct, I would like to talk with you.
Thank you...
I was also looking for my friend Lonnie, I hope you found your friend safe.
My friend Lonnie is in his mid 30's from Seattle, with reddish hair.
Christy

Lacey, WA

#21 Feb 4, 2014
Miss you bud :( this time of year is always terribly tough. Love ya!

Christy
Christy

Federal Way, WA

#22 May 10, 2016
Miss you so much, Lonster. Your song came on. The sun is out. I got goosebumps. Thinking of you! Maybe a trip to Golden Gardens for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ellensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So much negativity.. Oct '16 Mntnman 1
The Lodge at the Canyon River is run by MEXICAN... (Mar '12) Oct '16 Tim Cook is my bitch 8
Seeking drugs (Nov '15) Oct '16 Abc 3
News Prosser Baby Among Dozens In Region To Be Born ... (Apr '14) Sep '16 Unbelievable 2
Children Roaming Around After 12 at Night Sep '16 ProActiveNeighbor... 1
Local family runs BIG contest to giveback to re... Aug '16 melgo66 1
Wa State Child Support Agents Claim Power at th... Aug '16 They Own Power 1

Ellensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ellensburg Mortgages