Home Invasions In Elkview & Clendenin

Posted in the Elkview Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned

San Jose, CA

#1 Feb 21, 2013
Today one of my neighbors woke up with his hands duct taped together, and two masked men demanding money or drugs. When deputies came, my neighbor was informed that this was the 4th robbery in this area this week.
Why haven't people been warned on the news about this?

Since: Feb 13

Elkview, WV

#2 Feb 21, 2013
@ Concerned.... Thank you for the info...I had no idea this was happening either. Did all four happen in the same location or spread out through Elkview?
wow

Charleston, WV

#3 Feb 22, 2013
ok now i really believe the man didnt wake up while his hands was being duct taped. thats pretty lame
Concerned

San Jose, CA

#4 Feb 22, 2013
What I was told is that it was the 4th robbery from the Clendenin exit to down on Frame Rd in Elkview.
As for waking up with his hands taped together, I'm just repeating what I was told.
Has anyone heard anything about these robberies? I can only confirm one. If it is 4, why hasn't the news picked up on it?
wow

Charleston, WV

#5 Feb 22, 2013
repeating what you are told is gossip. not facts. thats how peoples names get ruint. if you check your facts before ya spout then ya might have a forum
Concerned

San Jose, CA

#6 Feb 22, 2013
Wow, How could I know how my neighbor woke up? I didn't rob him and wasn't sleeping with him.?
wow

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 22, 2013
hahaha that is far from the ponit. DONT SPREAD GOSSIP
Just Curious

Charleston, WV

#8 Feb 22, 2013
I have family in that area and they know nothing about anything... The only thing they know is that alot of people are strung out on drugs. Alot of the people in the area feel that they deserve what other's have without working for it so they resort to this type of behavior. It's a shame that the small towns are now a drug haven for strung out people. They used to be so clean and nice but when you go back to visit all you see is trash where nice homes used to be.
Concerned

San Jose, CA

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Wow, My neighbor is the one who told me how he woke up. I have no way to check the facts on that. Or what the deputies told him. Guess I should've posted nothing and not tried to alert people in the area of a potential deadly problem? I personally would rather know what may be going on.
Maybe you should change your nick to Ostrich?
hmmmm

Charleston, WV

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Concerned you done right by notifying people. Some people only choose to try to create drama.

Since: Feb 13

Elkview, WV

#11 Feb 22, 2013
I agree with hmmmm
playing with fire

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Feb 24, 2013
It's Clendenin...bunch of bored old bittys with nothing better to do but create drama. Note that he/she said from the Clendenin exit to Frame Rd. Not within town limits. Still...thanks for the heads up. Always nice to be informed
playing with fire

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Feb 24, 2013
Just Curious wrote:
I have family in that area and they know nothing about anything... The only thing they know is that alot of people are strung out on drugs. Alot of the people in the area feel that they deserve what other's have without working for it so they resort to this type of behavior. It's a shame that the small towns are now a drug haven for strung out people. They used to be so clean and nice but when you go back to visit all you see is trash where nice homes used to be.
Sounds like you just wanna stir shit with your opinionated comment. Point blank
thanks

Alexandria, VA

#14 Feb 24, 2013
Thanks for the info even if not all
Completely true, who cares its just a nice warning to be extra careful !! Scary world we live in!!
hmmmm

Roanoke, VA

#15 Feb 25, 2013
Actually it is quite true. The river isn't what it once was. Until recently I hadn't heard of heroin on the river or people found dead laying beside the road. I hope and pray for everyone involved. And I assure you I am not an old bitty. Just very observant of the news and online media.
playing with fire

Greensburg, PA

#16 Feb 25, 2013
hmmmm wrote:
Actually it is quite true. The river isn't what it once was. Until recently I hadn't heard of heroin on the river or people found dead laying beside the road. I hope and pray for everyone involved. And I assure you I am not an old bitty. Just very observant of the news and online media.
It probably isn't. Economy changed, people wanted convenience and moved closer to Charleston, interstate came through. As the older generations died off, I'd say a lot of the homes sat vacant for years being willed to children or grandchildren. Those people probably already had lives established elsewhere, perhaps turning that property into rental or sold it for cheap to someone who's only intent was to rent it out or perhaps it was property which was sold and up went a housing project. Although not all renters will trash the place they have to call home, if HUD is involved, it's quite typical. Not many people who don't even bother to bathe on a regular basis, let alone get up everyday and work for something, take care of such a freebie. And mischief is often born from boredom. This whole drug epidemic is beyond me. Did someone miss heroin so they brought it back? I don't even know what the stuff is just that I always heard not to do because it was so addictive. I was never exposed to it so I didn't have to worry. Who gets up one day and thinks "gee, my life sucks already, I'm bored and broke, I think ill try heroin?!?" Don't even get me started on the whole "meth" thing. That's real genius as well. Those people don't have anything to lose therefore never thinking twice about taking from anyone to get them through to the next day and good ole Uncle Sam provides all the necessities so no need to worry over that. Then they breed more and more people just like them. Have I mentioned main stream media and an "anything goes" attitude many young people now have? Can of worms as well. I said "old bitty" because simply stating that a home is no longer what it was once is quite vague...I could just here some "old bitty" saying that. Example, "well that there used to be fine home. Look at it now (50 years later) it needs painted and the windows are old, I bet they're on drugs." Failing to realize that is typically what happens with anything that ages. Given today's economy and a variety of circumstances, drugs aren't the only reason some homes don't look like they did in 1955. I'd be classified as upper middle class by the standards of that era. Now I'm lower middle if that. Had that person said "a lot of the homes in this area aren't what they once were thanks to people turning then into rentals and accepting HUD", the thought would have never occurred to me.
Point blank....it's just not safe a lot of places it once was. Gone are the days of never worrying about the doors being locked. Always have to watch your back and be prepared for anything. The inner cities are flowing over and guess into where? The nice cozy, safe havens like Elkview and Ckendenin.
media

United States

#17 Feb 27, 2013
The cops and media aren't reporting on this cause they dnt want it beign known how bad it really is. Drugs have spread rampantly in the area. If ths keeps up I'm taking my kids n skipping town.
linda

Roanoke, VA

#18 Feb 28, 2013
FWD: Eyewitness News Alert:A Pinch woman was seriously injured in a home invasion; suspect still being sought. Spon: Edwards Comp Cancer Ctr
River rat

Alexandria, VA

#19 Feb 28, 2013
I have reason to suspect the Gomez brothers
45 auto

Charleston, WV

#20 Feb 28, 2013
I suspect dope heads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkview Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 min west by golly hil... 58,171
Justin Turner 1 hr Know him from way... 3
Heard Jennifer Hodge is getting divorced. 3 hr Dear Abby 16
Wheres Dr Richards? 3 hr calm down 3
elk river crime tip line (Apr '12) 6 hr Info 16
amanda blackshire Thu his one and only ... 7
any hot cougars on the river Tue Ronis goer 13
•••
•••
•••

Elkview Jobs

•••
•••