North Todd school teachers being shad...

North Todd school teachers being shady with parents

Posted in the Elkton Forum

Artie

United States

#1 Nov 9, 2012
My daughter came home today telling me that they are having a skit next week but to not tell the parents because its just for the teachers and students. When my daughter is in a play or skit I want to be able to watch without some teacher telling me I am not allowed to come and to tell my daughter not tell her parents! Last Christmas they had a musical with the teachers and students. I was Not informed about it till she came home from school! Now why would they do something like that? I know they had a Christmas musical for everyone but this one was a secret I suppose! Why don't they want the parents to watch their kids have fun? That school is a joke. I am moving her out because if they can't invite parents to stuff like that and tell the kids it's a secret I want my daughter to have no part in it! Wake up North Todd Parents! Don't let them keep you from watching your kids in their own personal skits, plays or musicals! Just for teachers my tail! Shady shady shady North Todd.
Big Donny

Hopkinsville, KY

#2 Nov 9, 2012
No more rude comments on here. We are taking topix over for Jesus :)
Artie

Duluth, GA

#3 Nov 9, 2012
Big Donny wrote:
No more rude comments on here. We are taking topix over for Jesus :)
Jesus would want parents to know what the school is doing. Someone sitting on a gossip website keeping up with all of the stuff going on. You should read the Bible instead of sitting on a gossip website. The Bible is far better reading. See how long it takes to comment back. TEAM JESUS! Can't even say please? WWJD
Pants

Hopkinsville, KY

#4 Nov 9, 2012
I love Jesus and I love my pants
Peace

Owensboro, KY

#5 Nov 9, 2012
I love Jesus and I love peace
Artie

United States

#7 Nov 10, 2012
All I am saying is teachers at North Todd INCLUDE THE PARENTS IN ALL THINGS! Do not keep tell the kids to keep secrets. I will also be calling the Principal about it Monday morning.
Artie

Duluth, GA

#9 Nov 11, 2012
Let everyone know about this!
logic

Clarksville, TN

#10 Nov 11, 2012
Think about this logically. If it's a small skit, it's not a huge production. It's just something the kids do for fun in the classroom. These types of things happen all the time in school. There are several reasons why parents aren't included in every single thing your child does at school.

Skits like that are usually performed in the classroom. They move desks around and create little areas to act them out, making the seating areas even smaller. So, where are all these parents going to sit? Yes, they could move the performances elsewhere, but that's just it, these aren't big deals. They're just skits to be done in the classroom.

Also, if only half the parents consistently show up, some children could feel left out that their parents don't come to the functions, or even be made fun of for it. Basically, because YOU as a parent are making it a huge deal, it BECOMES a huge deal. Should they tell the kids to keep it a secret? No, that's not the best way to handle it, I agree. But I see the point behind what they're doing. They're trying to keep parents from blowing it out proportion like you're doing now.

It's just a skit. Get over it.
AGREE

Owensboro, KY

#11 Nov 11, 2012
Well said Logic!
I think Artie has been stewing about this all weekend. Someone better warn Mrs. Orr that a raging lunatic will be calling. lol.
Manda

Duluth, GA

#13 Nov 11, 2012
Artie wrote:
My daughter came home today telling me that they are having a skit next week but to not tell the parents because its just for the teachers and students. When my daughter is in a play or skit I want to be able to watch without some teacher telling me I am not allowed to come and to tell my daughter not tell her parents! Last Christmas they had a musical with the teachers and students. I was Not informed about it till she came home from school! Now why would they do something like that? I know they had a Christmas musical for everyone but this one was a secret I suppose! Why don't they want the parents to watch their kids have fun? That school is a joke. I am moving her out because if they can't invite parents to stuff like that and tell the kids it's a secret I want my daughter to have no part in it! Wake up North Todd Parents! Don't let them keep you from watching your kids in their own personal skits, plays or musicals! Just for teachers my tail! Shady shady shady North Todd.
I thought I was an overbearing parent.. Someone has outdone me!! Get over it!!
Cyndi Wiles

Providence, KY

#14 Dec 13, 2012
So this discussion has been brought to my attention. I've never in the 14 years that I've taught at North Todd asked my students to keep something "secret" from their parents. My point being this post starts North Todd Teachers are shady; therefore, that would be someone saying I've been dishonested because I am a North Todd teacher. Would that be considered slander???? Just curious. Oh and by the way, I've often wondered if you have a problem with a teacher, why don't you go to that teacher???
Cyndi Wiles

Providence, KY

#15 Dec 13, 2012
That's "states" not "starts"

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#16 Jan 9, 2013
Is it possible that the daughter said they were having a skit and it "wasn't for parents," rather than "not to tell the parents?" Sounds to me like a little bitty thing has been blown way out of proportion.

I worked at NT for years as an instructional assistant and subbed there since my teaching degree. Though I teach in Christian County, I know that North Todd teachers are some of the best you could hope for your child, my nieces, nephew, and grandchild, all of whom attend NT.

I stand behind Cyndi in stating that if you felt there was a problem, you should have gone to the teacher and inquired rather than assuming and making such an infantile post.

Shame on you for slandering such great educators.

Mrs. Brown

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kori 2 hr STFUBOO 1
Shea Pryor? 4 hr Anonymous 1
Scot Sutton 4 hr joey 6
Message to J o D r a k e 10 hr Joseph Drake 6
Max fuel canton street 11 hr Jenny 4
Elkton water department 14 hr todd co girl 3
high alert 17 hr Stacey Morgan 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elkton Mortgages