We need better people in these schools.

Posted in the Elkton Forum

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated May 31, 2012
Grouch

United States

#1 May 3, 2012
What is going on with all of these teachers losing their jobs and no graduation for preschool or kindergarten. These kids work their A$$E$ off and the school system could care less. They don't care a bit about the little ones. We need to get some people in there who actually give a dam about these kids and not these greedy b$tches that is in there now. And the school cafeteria is nasty. The food is hard and grody yet they make these little ones eat it. Nasty a$$ people. Disgusting.
Mom

United States

#2 May 3, 2012
It's really sad that budget cuts are going to affect our children and their education. It's Mike Kenner's job to look after their education and he's retiring (thank goodness) but he doesn't have a problem taking raises throughout his career and watching as those that really care for our kids on a daily basis lose their jobs If you are really concerned then call the KY representative and tell them what you think of budget cuts and if you are complaining about the food served in the cafeteria then go to the school - tell them you'd like to volunteer, do research on how to get healthier, non processed foods into schools if more parents would get involved instead of just complaining maybe we could have a better school system
4rizzle

United States

#3 May 4, 2012
If there is no graduation I'm pretty sure the kids will never know the difference. Its the stupid parents who want to say everybody look at me that it will bother.
Sad

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 May 4, 2012
Truly sad our children suffer, they are our future and we cutting them short of an education that they DESERVE!
letmeeducateu

Owensboro, KY

#5 May 4, 2012
Sad wrote:
Truly sad our children suffer, they are our future and we cutting them short of an education that they DESERVE!
how are they being cut short?
sad

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 May 4, 2012
anytime you have budget cuts in a school, and teachers are laid off, and programs disapper, the children are being cut short of their education.
really

Oak Grove, KY

#7 May 5, 2012
Excuse me.... but I would love for my child to get to graduate in the elementary school. They should be honored for their accomplishment and feel proud of themselves. It's how children become to feel good about themselves and actually want to go school. It has nothing to do with having anyone look at me. Maybe your just one of those parents who want recognition for something?? But when children work hard throughout the year, they should be rewarded for it.
4rizzle wrote:
If there is no graduation I'm pretty sure the kids will never know the difference. Its the stupid parents who want to say everybody look at me that it will bother.
4rizzle

Paducah, KY

#8 May 5, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me.... but I would love for my child to get to graduate in the elementary school. They should be honored for their accomplishment and feel proud of themselves. It's how children become to feel good about themselves and actually want to go school. It has nothing to do with having anyone look at me. Maybe your just one of those parents who want recognition for something?? But when children work hard throughout the year, they should be rewarded for it.
excuse me but they are rewarded by proceeding to the next grade. That's what's wrong with kids now. They have to be rewarded for everything. I hear parents say you'll get this or that if you are good. How about if you are good I won't bust your ass?
lexi

Livermore, KY

#9 May 23, 2012
4rizzle wrote:
<quoted text>excuse me but they are rewarded by proceeding to the next grade. That's what's wrong with kids now. They have to be rewarded for everything. I hear parents say you'll get this or that if you are good. How about if you are good I won't bust your ass?
well I guess it's a big accomplishment to graduate from kindergarten and elem school in Todd co huh?? Hilarious!!
Lola

United States

#10 May 23, 2012
lexi wrote:
<quoted text>well I guess it's a big accomplishment to graduate from kindergarten and elem school in Todd co huh?? Hilarious!!
I take it you've never been to school in your life? Because most schools have a kindergarten graduation and a graduation from 5th grade into middle school. That just goes to show you how uneducated you are you douche! Don't even bother commenting back on this because you're not worth my time. Go back to school and you'll see Todd County is not the only ones that have stuff like that!
Big boy

Bowling Green, KY

#11 May 23, 2012
Lola that is the problem we have to much stuff like that. kids today are coddled from birth. The American school system waste billions of dollars on nothing every year. It is time for you and other people to wake up in this country. The united States is broke and every government program needs to be cut. I don't think little Lucy not getting to graduate from kindergarten is going to scar her for life. We have to much crap and government funded programs now and we all better get ready for cuts across the board. Now you will probably say well if the rich would pay their fair share in taxes we wouldn't have a debt problem in the United States. Well I hate to tell you they already pay their fair share and more. 48% of Americans pay absolutely 0% in federal income taxes. The problem isn't that the rich don't pay their fair share the problem is to many kindergarten graduations government cell phones and all the money sucking federal programs. I am far from rich but I do pay taxes and I get tired of parents like you who get mad because financially a kindergarten graduation just wasn't in the budget. if you want one feel free to write a check and pay for it!!
lexi

Livermore, KY

#12 May 23, 2012
Lola wrote:
<quoted text>I take it you've never been to school in your life? Because most schools have a kindergarten graduation and a graduation from 5th grade into middle school. That just goes to show you how uneducated you are you douche! Don't even bother commenting back on this because you're not worth my time. Go back to school and you'll see Todd County is not the only ones that have stuff like that!
haaaaaaaa. Sorry. Go ahead and celebrate you kids kindergarten graduation all u want!!
zxcvbgvfd

Oak Grove, KY

#13 May 25, 2012
4rizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me but they are rewarded by proceeding to the next grade. That's what's wrong with kids now. They have to be rewarded for everything. I hear parents say you'll get this or that if you are good. How about if you are good I won't bust your ass?
you must not have any kids and or had a bad up bringing in life...
Mom

United States

#14 May 25, 2012
How did this thread turn to trash? Quit arguing with one another and actually call ur representives and complain about budget cuts with them because this affects more than just a kindergarten graduation! This affects your kid's education!
GrimReaper

Bellevue, WA

#15 May 31, 2012
4rizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I told mine the reward was in their grades.If the made bad grades or didnt complete their assignments,they got grounded.You dont have time to watch tv,play games,go outside or do sports if you cant get your school work done.And somebody calling me from school about them be afraid.Teachers have a whole classroom full of kids,they dont have time to be horsing around with your butt!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min Another Vet 2,120
Air Force (Dwayne Case) 32 min curious 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 49 min Yeah 1,050
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr idk 151,481
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr BIG_STEVIE 467
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr Republicans Are S... 16,150
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 17 hr birdistheword 81,602
•••
•••

Elkton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elkton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Elkton News, Events & Info