Roy Wayne Dean a serial killer??

Posted in the Elkton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
metalmamma

United States

#1 May 2, 2009
In the 4/29 edition of the Todd County Standard, Ryan Craig's story of Norman Graham's attempt to get a new trial mentions that serial killer Roy Wayne Dean may have been suspected at one time of this particular murder.Can someone enlighten me on this subject? I alway thought that a serial killer was someone who had murdered more than one person.As far as I know,Dean was only charged and convicted of 1 murder and that was the murder of Brenda Church.I'm not taking up for him but I am sure his family does not like the fact that he is being portrayed as a serial killer.
tooter

Madisonville, KY

#2 Sep 6, 2009
Maybe you didnt know that there were 3 women murdered in todd county between 1980 & 1984. This was nearly 30 years ago. What a coincidence? I dont think so. There were also 3 women from tn. in this same time frame that were murdered.
tooter

Westview, KY

#3 Sep 7, 2009
metalmamma, contact me i am a family member of thelma.
metalmamma

Watseka, IL

#4 Sep 17, 2009
Sorry for my oversight,but i think i know which 3 women you were talking about.I thought that Thelma was murdered by someone else who escaped from jail and was killed in a shootout with louisville police and it was after this that the police said they were sure he had killed thelma.Maybe the other one you are refering to is the lady from gutrie whose killer went on trial twice(most recently this year) and was finally convicted.I am sorry about the oversight because I did read in the paper about roy dean possibly coming up for parole and them mentioning he had killed 1 woman from tennessee.But enlighten me on who all they think he has killed.I have no other interest in this other than pure curiosity.I am a big reader of true crime books and i am especially curious about true crimes that have been committed in todd county.
lawgal

United States

#5 Sep 17, 2009
There were also other women he had targeted the same day of Ms. Church's murder.....he went to their house first...they weren't home so he went to her house.....very sad
citizen of todd County

Owensboro, KY

#6 Sep 19, 2009
lawgal wrote:
There were also other women he had targeted the same day of Ms. Church's murder.....he went to their house first...they weren't home so he went to her house.....very sad
Do you know who these women were? I know one of these women but didn't know there were others.
tooter

Hopkinsville, KY

#7 Sep 21, 2009
I am family member of Thelma Shumate. I have never believed that the man from Louisville committed her murder. I have recently learned that Roy W. Dean lived within seeing distance of Thelmas home during the time of her murder. I strongly believe he was involved in her murder & I will not stop pursuing this matter until he is prosecuted.I would appreciate any information anyone might have to help me.
curtislow

United States

#8 Oct 12, 2009
I had always heard a rumor that a man with the initials B.S. was the one who killed Thelma.I won't print his full name because that would be slander
wellhello

United States

#9 Dec 22, 2009
I have information that you might be interested in a friend has followed and has collected information on these cases for awhile email me for her number duanew@bellsouth.net
Interested

Mount Sherman, KY

#10 Feb 23, 2010
Who was the two women in TN that is missing and never found? Anybody got more info on them?

Was there anymore women who where murdered or became missing?

How about a Eva Ransom from Clarksville Tn or Oak Ridge area? Anyone know about her murder?
TC girl

Huntsville, AL

#11 Feb 23, 2010
Roy dean is actually my 3rd or 4th cousin. I have never met him and never want to.
But I have heard my family talk about 3 women he may have killed, but was only convicted mof 1, Brenda Church...
I dont know... But I heard an awful story about it. And Im embarassed to say he is my relative...
I graduated from Todd County a few years ago, and I only had 1 person ask if I was related and I told them no. Then I told my parents about it and thats when they told me!
Interested

Newark, OH

#12 Feb 24, 2010
TC Girl,

I would like to know more if you would like to talk to me... My email address is dalemoe70@yahoo.com

Thank you
TC girl

Huntsville, AL

#13 Mar 6, 2010
I would like to know who you are and why you are wanting to know stuff. He is in prision for life... But I actually talked to my family yesterday about him!
My Uncle was telling me stories about when he was young, and how weird he was. He use to live in Elkton and had a motorcylce. Everytime he went out somewhere to a party or whatever he was always getting in trouble and fighting people. He was a very paranoid person.
When he was about 12 or so he got his head split wide open cause he got hit with an ax! He wasnt suppose to survive but he did, thats when they said he was different, like he changed....
TC girl

Huntsville, AL

#14 Mar 6, 2010
oh and he is actually about my 5th cousin. Its weird how it works cause he was like adopted, and someone else took care of him, but we are related to LC or someone like that. I dont know much just what my mom and uncle tell me..... we have only talked about him a few times
amartin

Franklin, KY

#15 Mar 28, 2010
tc girl, I am interested in the murdered womens names your family told you about. My mother was murdered in 1982 in elkton.
TC girl

Boaz, KY

#16 Oct 29, 2010
amartin as in amy martin??
Its crazy but I know you pretty well, you would be suprised if you knew who I was....
I will give you a hint.... I grad from TC in 2006
bluegrass man

Owensboro, KY

#17 Oct 30, 2010
i have lived in todd county my whole life you would not believe the thing's that went on in the 60's-70's and 80's there were alot of people looked at in her murder thelma's body was found on a gravel road in a sinkhole full of trash it was off of davis mill road roy dean live a half a mile from there END OF STORY
Horse Gal

Owensboro, KY

#18 Aug 14, 2011
Tooter and all, someone fill me in on these three women killed.
where in Todd co were they killed ? I own a farm in Todd co but
never heard of this. I actually live in Barren co.
early cyler

United States

#19 Aug 16, 2011
about the one who said b.s. i also heard he got mad at the woman because she would,nt go out with him and got her..he doesnt pay as much for cans as others do ..he should be scrapped
hello

Auburn, KY

#20 Oct 23, 2011
Don't stop discussing this now! I would love to read about more of this, so please continue.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justin 37 min Sharongrovegirl2013 5
Let's fly the confederate flag this Saturday. 51 min Truth 2
ryan and tamara 5 hr wilma 1
Who are the Todd County Sugar Daddy's???? (Jan '12) 5 hr wilma 22
Any suspects yet on Mr Yoder Mon Meerrr 20
Johnny Bear Morgan (Feb '13) Jul 25 Formerex 67
E s moody read dj Jul 23 Bfmm 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elkton Mortgages