pilot rock of todd county-kentucky

pilot rock of todd county-kentucky

Posted in the Elkton Forum

KENTUCKY-COUNTRY

AOL

#1 Jan 25, 2011
What are your thoughts and opinions on Pilot Rock Of Todd County-Kentucky ? And what should be done with the property of Pilot Rock Of Todd County-Kentucky ?
KENTUCKY-COUNTRY

AOL

#2 Jan 25, 2011
I like to someday see it as a kentucky state park or a todd county-kentucky public park or a natural area public park.
TheOneAndOnly

Toledo, OH

#3 Jan 25, 2011
They have thought about that but the insurance would be sky high.
Fred

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2011
Its a special place, i love going there with a special friend. It should be preserved. Its a shame that its overrun with trash and graffitti from idiots.
KENTUCKY-COUNTRY

AOL

#5 Jan 25, 2011
For anyone that has a interest in pilot rock of todd county-kentucky there is a facebook page and group call PILOT-ROCK-AMERICA with pictures of pilot rock.
KENTUCKY-COUNTRY

AOL

#6 Jan 25, 2011
The best interest of pilot rock would be for the current property owners of pilot rock to have open talks with either or both the Kentucky State Parks and the Official Government Of Todd County-Kentucky to look into ways that Pilot Rock could be develop and created into a public park or natural area public park.
KENTUCKY-COUNTRY

AOL

#7 Jan 25, 2011
There to be a organized efforts to totally clean-up pilot rock and to completely removed all the heavy brush and trees that are currently blocking the views of pilot rock from all sides and views.
KENTUCKY-COUNTRY

AOL

#8 Jan 25, 2011
There should also be legisations and ordiances passed into law by the official government of todd county-kentucky about the up-keep and use and property management of pilot rock.Just maybe it time to required by ordiances that pilot rock be kept clean and safe and open to the general public for all of the people and visitors and tourists to enjoy.
Josh

United States

#9 Aug 25, 2011
What has become of this thread and did anything get going? I've said since I was 13 that if I ever came into money I would buy it, sandblast all spray paint and staff security and place historical markers and have several free weeks a year to attend, and all other days being $5 or $10 per adult to visit to pay for upkeep and insurance
not sure

White Plains, KY

#10 Aug 27, 2011
KENTUCKY-COUNTRY wrote:
The best interest of pilot rock would be for the current property owners of pilot rock to have open talks with either or both the Kentucky State Parks and the Official Government Of Todd County-Kentucky to look into ways that Pilot Rock could be develop and created into a public park or natural area public park.
I think the military actually owns pilot rock. I know for sure they use it for training so I doubt state park-hood is in the rock future.
mom

Kendallville, IN

#11 Sep 14, 2011
they are cleaning it up. Its a lot nicer.
Lukas

Princeton, KY

#12 Oct 9, 2011
This is really pretty but they do need to clean it up alot but it really pretty in the fall because the trees are changing.
Retired MP

Iraq

#13 Nov 4, 2012
I took my wife and sons there in 2010, just after I retired from Campbell, and it was a mess. We ended up bagging 2 bags of trash and taking it with us. Someone up top had a good idea on sand blasting the spray paint, but the first objective is to find the current owner of the property. Then, a few people need to organize a non-profit organization to enhance the area, and file with the National/State Parks Services to establish the area as a historical site or a park. Ultimate senario is; I get rich, purchase it, and clean it up, and invite you all over for a cookout on top of the rock! I hope something does happen to its livelyhood.
Salesman

United States

#14 Nov 7, 2012
It's a beautiful place
Hiker
#15 Apr 20, 2016
Is Pilot Rock still open to the public? I would love to take my daughter to see it.
Cliffhanger Bluejay

United States

#16 Jul 8, 2016
Hiker wrote:
Is Pilot Rock still open to the public? I would love to take my daughter to see it.
No. There are 'No Tresspssing " signs up. Owner is tired of people trashing it.
Big country

La Vergne, TN

#17 Nov 6, 2017
It the military who owns it . But the people around it are tired of the drugs and everything else that goes on there . Especially the dummies that think they can run from the law and kill thierself there . It would take a lot to convince the gov to sell it
Ya know

United States

#18 Monday Nov 27
Cliffhanger Bluejay wrote:
<quoted text>

No. There are 'No Tresspssing " signs up. Owner is tired of people trashing it.
People still go and sneak in anyway.
bennington

Morgantown, KY

#20 Sunday Dec 3
KENTUCKY-COUNTRY wrote:
I like to someday see it as a kentucky state park or a todd county-kentucky public park or a natural area public park.
you sound like that fruit dress wearing homersexual prissy randy prichette
bennington

Morgantown, KY

#21 Sunday Dec 3
KENTUCKY-COUNTRY wrote:
There should also be legisations and ordiances passed into law by the official government of todd county-kentucky about the up-keep and use and property management of pilot rock.Just maybe it time to required by ordiances that pilot rock be kept clean and safe and open to the general public for all of the people and visitors and tourists to enjoy.
you want to wear your dress up there and show your hairy legs off bo randy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Private swingers club 17 min Bucher 11
Was Tuck at Church Today 19 min Farmer boy 4
Sheriff Depty Kenny Roberts (Dec '11) 24 min The Preacher 26
Investigation of the Fire department 1 hr Lieutenant 49
Doing Damage Control 1 hr Roys 8
Double Standard in Todd Co. 4 hr GIjoe 22
Addison brown Sat MOTORBOAT 2

Elkton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elkton Mortgages