Study: 2.4 million kids have ADHD -

There are 11 comments on the Sep 4, 2007, Newsday story titled Study: 2.4 million kids have ADHD -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Nearly 9 percent of U.S. children ages 8 to 15 have attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, but most are not taking medication for it, a study published Monday concludes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
caring mother

Simcoe, Canada

#110 Sep 10, 2009
Everyone except the last person needs to give their head a shake!! I am a mother of 3 boys; one of them has ADHD. If it were my poor parenting, they would all be labelled this way. ADHD is a very real disease and it is idiots like you people who make us parents feel like crap all the time and we start to think it may be our fault for the way our children act. If you think I don't discipline my children or teach them manners you are also crazy. My son with ADHD (as well as the other 2) have a heart of gold and are much more polite then many "normal" children today. You people make my blood boil.
theresa

AOL

#112 Sep 13, 2009
Kevin wrote:
ADHD is over-diagnosed...granted, there are people who have an extreme level of adhd, but most of it, like the 17 year-old mentioned in the article do not need these "life-saving drugs" (How many people die each year from ADHD, Moby??)
Young kids need firm boundaries, which are lacking today. Overindulgence leads to overstimulation--the kids simply have too much going on around them. And for all the bashers, I have taught for 10 years, I know what ADHD is like...to some degree we all have it.
what a bunch of crap. i have child with adhd and he has firm boundaries, he does not over indulge and is not overstimulated and does not have too much going on aroung him. You dont know what your are talking about and to some degree you dont have adhd you are just a judgemental jerk to a total degree.....
Mum of ADHD child

Singapore, Singapore

#114 Mar 15, 2010
Festering Boil wrote:
Feed your children a proper diet, get them off of the *!%$ing computer and have them play OUTSIDE in the fresh air, teach them manners.
Oh wait, parents don't do that anymore. Parents don't do their job, the drug companies show massive profits. Coincidence?
After extensive testing my child is ADHD - by the way she is very sporty, well mannered, loves school and has about an hr computer time a day with no TV. I have read extensively on ADHD and so has my child which has helped her alot. My child has been able to actually verbalise that she knows something is wrong with her. If you had done a bit of research before attacking parents maybe you wouldn't have made such a naive, antagonist remark that totally shows how ignorant you are. Information is power- try it some time!
Then They Vaccinated

Winnipeg, Canada

#117 Mar 16, 2013
starts with vaccines
Autism 1 in 50 USA

Winnipeg, Canada

#118 Mar 22, 2013
2.4 million in 2007. whats it now? Autism was 1 in 88 2007 in the USA, in 2012 its 1 in 50. 15 years ago it was 1 in 10,000. Its vaccines.
ONE IN TEN USA

Winnipeg, Canada

#120 Mar 30, 2013
One in ten have ADHD in the USA today. Government action? ZERO. Psychiaty's action? Push Pharma. Pharma's action? More drugs. And it all starts with vaccines.
1 in 50 Autism USA

Winnipeg, Canada

#121 Apr 14, 2013
Bill wrote:
The drug pushers ( Doctors and drug companies) and their scam syndrones never stop.They are not happy till every single person in America is on a drug to comabt these phoney syndrones they create. ADHD, RLS, the list goes on and on. When these drugs produce columbine type results they proscribe post traumatic stress disorder drugs for the victims families. A pill for every issue. Talk about making money onboth ends
You nailed it. Adam Lanza and james holmes both vaccine damaged then given meds that made the homicidal/suicidal
HumanSpirit

Interlachen, FL

#122 Apr 14, 2013
Mental Health Industry horse manure
Vaccines Cause ADHD

Winnipeg, Canada

#123 Jul 1, 2013
caring mother wrote:
Everyone except the last person needs to give their head a shake!! I am a mother of 3 boys; one of them has ADHD. If it were my poor parenting, they would all be labelled this way. ADHD is a very real disease and it is idiots like you people who make us parents feel like crap all the time and we start to think it may be our fault for the way our children act. If you think I don't discipline my children or teach them manners you are also crazy. My son with ADHD (as well as the other 2) have a heart of gold and are much more polite then many "normal" children today. You people make my blood boil.
Its not a disease, its a vaccine induced injuty.
VACCINES REALLY

Winnipeg, Canada

#124 Aug 8, 2013
Vaccines Cause ADHD wrote:
<quoted text>Its not a disease, its a vaccine induced injury.
says it all
Caiden
#125 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,219,884
How About Stop Black on Black Murders? 35 min They look foolish 2
News More Details Emerge in Arrest of Freddie Gray 1 hr Justin Igger 12
Baltimore Md Social Security Admin Can Stop Pro... 2 hr Wild_America 9
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr State the Obvious 309,669
Descendant of Slaves receives a beatdown. 6 hr Freddie 1
News Man who filmed Freddie Gray video speaks out 6 hr Freddie 4
More from around the web

Elkridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]