Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#821986 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how many 'people' have we seen this year who've done much the same.
and not that it's even going to matter. go hit Twitter. you'll see very quickly that the focus will be on guns.
is shooting 18 children an over reaction? you can rationally expect the same in reply.
You are actually one of the more thoughtful posters on the blue side, and deserve a REAL reply.

If you can answer my question tendered earlier, we will be at the heart of the matter. To wit:

I grew up in a region where EVERY household had a veritable arsenal, yet there was not ONE school shooting (or even a solitary act of violence involving guns).

What has changed?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#821987 Dec 14, 2012
Fenris the Archangel wrote:
Almost ALL of the mass-shootings have taken place in blue States. Obviously a by-product of the mentally-diseased, leftist maggots that live there...
Really? A den of leftists isn't at all the impression I've gotten in the CT forums. Maybe you should take a look at who spews the hatred..

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/newtown-ct/TK...

Btw, Sandy Hook El. is almost 90% caucasian.

http://k20.internet2.edu/organizations/37330
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#821988 Dec 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your eulogy over, pussccceee?
One minute your whining, the next you're acting like the punked pusscccee you are.
YOU (on the other hand) are NOT someone to be taken seriously in any regard......:-)
carol

Orlando, FL

#821989 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
It is INDEED a moment of profound sadness, but equally disturbing is the puzzlement surrounding these types of heinous acts. I grew up in a communty where EVERY head of the household had an arsenal used in hunting equal to or better than any possessed by these school-shooting cowards, yet there was NOT ONE gun violence incident in my entire schooling duration Statewide (or regionwde, for that matter). In fact, no one even gave guns in the household a second thought. Morale? Its not the guns (because they havent changed); its the people, the civilization (term used loosely), and the morals that have fueled these scumbags.
High time we started utlizing eugenics and speedy capital punishment in our treatment of repeat violent criminals.....
I agree that something is triggering this kind of violence. I believe it has something to do with the uncertainty of the future and fears that are mounting by those who are already troubled to begin with.

Some people actually believe the world as we know it will end on December 21. Probably the same people who believed it the last time.

But this kind of doomsday mentality coupled with a bleak economic outlook could be a factor. Just speculation.

I hope and pray these were two isolated incidences that just happened to occur within the same week.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#821990 Dec 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ok then, let's get rid of concealed carry. if you're going to live in fear let's at least wear the gun on the hip so we can put some fear into everyone else.
[?]
all of you nutjobs should just step back for a few before you start the 2nd Amendment justification rhetoric.
No need to "justify" any part of the US Constitution, including the Second Amendment.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821992 Dec 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me, caring for our mentally ill should be a bigger priority than gun control.
"Is shooting 18 children an over reaction?". Wtf does that mean? You've lost it.
Get rid of some of our 600+ billion annual military budget and maybe we can
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#821994 Dec 14, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
TALL ORDER FO' YOU, APPARENTLY. YES, I'M SURE THERE A REAL OT OF GUYS WHO WISH THEY'D BEEN ABLE TO INTERVENE THIS MORNING, AN' YOU SEEM TO BE MOST OF THEM? BUT, THE TRUTH IS, YOU WEREN'T AND NEITHER WERE YOU. WOW, THAT'S CONFUSING... ANYWAYS, THE OBVIOUS TRUTH IS: NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT RANDOM VIOLENCE, NEE, ACTS OF "TERRORISM." SO, LET IT GO AND HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY. ALL OF YOU. WHEW.
Just "me here (LOL), but I will agree with you on that quarter: A very sad day indeed, nothing that can be explained or negated...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#821996 Dec 14, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO'S INNOCENT, CHRISTMAS CAROL? THE PRECIOUS CHILDREN? WHOSE PRECIOUS INNOCENT CHILDREN? JUST THE WHITE PRECIOUS CHILDREN OR ALL THE OTHER PRECIOUS CHILDREN? JUST AMERICAN PRECIOUS CHILDREN OR DOES IT INCLUDE IRAQI CHILDREN? THEY DON'T DO CHRISTMAS DO THEY? JESUS MIGHT NOT BE TOO HAPPY WITH THOSE KIDS, HUH? GUESS NOT.
We coined 'Christmas Carol' last year or the year before. You are new here so you get a pass, but just thought you should know. The oldies are goodies though.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#821998 Dec 14, 2012
Homer wrote:
Why don't schools all have metal detectors or something? Don't they lock the school doors during school hours?
Its my understanding the murderer (a coward by the name of Ryan Lanza) was a former student/graduate, and was buzzed inside the building by school offcials (who were then killed). A very cowardly act....

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#821999 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
You are actually one of the more thoughtful posters on the blue side, and deserve a REAL reply.
If you can answer my question tendered earlier, we will be at the heart of the matter. To wit:
I grew up in a region where EVERY household had a veritable arsenal, yet there was not ONE school shooting (or even a solitary act of violence involving guns).
What has changed?
When you grew up did they prescribe anti depressants every time someone got a hang nail?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#822000 Dec 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you people so focused on the guns? We need to focus on the people who could do such a thing. A person did this. What was wrong with him?
Liberalism. Killed his mother and father.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#822001 Dec 14, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You have yet to call the shooter a nutjob. Says alot about you loony leftwingers.
and how far does one have to go to make that assumption that for most normal non-gun nut folks doesn't even need to be said.

some sane person killed 18 kids?

so what does that say about 'you'?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#822003 Dec 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
People are taking out their frustrations on others because something has to be different. The tension in the air is something most of us can tangibly feel. Only the insulated in their denial are whistling.
But three mass shootings in a little more than five months...something just isn't right.
However, no snake oil here. I actually heard myself say to my husband this afternoon that maybe we should buy a gun and get a concealed gun license.
If you knew me, you'd know how unusual it was for me to say that. I don't have any problem with gun ownership but never wanted to own one in my entire lifetime. It's astonishing that I would even suggest it.
However, I still don't want to own a gun.
When the economy finalizes it's collapsed it will get a lot worse.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822004 Dec 14, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so everyone in a blue state is a liberal?????
maybe he was a fed up teabagger who couldn't cope with liberals...
more likely though this has nothing to do with politics except for those idiots who try and read political motives into it to make some strange idiotic point
That was a tongue-in-cheek post meant to point out the useless hypocrisy in the anti-gun nuts already posting. Who knows what motivated this psych? Here's his face book page; YOU be the judge... http://www.facebook.com/ #!/rlanza?fref=ts

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#822006 Dec 14, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul Izzo named as the kkkowardly kkkiller.
I was really hoping to avoid knowing his name, dammit. These wastoids don't deserve names - just numbers. They don't deserve grave markers, either.

JMO

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#822008 Dec 14, 2012
More responsible than guns

" "It is also interesting to note that in all the cases of school shootings, the kids responsible for the violence were taking SSRI medications, which are known to produce suicidal and homicidal "side effects." It is also known that these medications increase brain levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which, in high concentrations, can also act as an excitotoxin.""
Fenris the Archangel

United States

#822009 Dec 14, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? A den of leftists isn't at all the impression I've gotten in the CT forums. Maybe you should take a look at who spews the hatred..
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/newtown-ct/TK...
Btw, Sandy Hook El. is almost 90% caucasian.
http://k20.internet2.edu/organizations/37330
See post below....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#822010 Dec 14, 2012
Has Fox News/rightwingers blamed Obama yet?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#822012 Dec 14, 2012
" In June 2001, a jury in Wyoming determined that the antidepressant drug Paxil caused a man to kill his wife, daughter and granddaughter before killing himself. The jury awarded the surviving family $8 million in damages, according to 'American Medical Publishing's Prescription Medicines, Side Effects and Natural Alternatives'."
carol

Orlando, FL

#822013 Dec 14, 2012
I would like to offer a prayer to the families of those children if no one minds.

If anyone objects, please read no further.

God, bless the families of all those children - give them comfort and shelter from this storm and surround them with your supernatural love and the kind of peace that passes all understanding. May they know their precious child is safely in your hands and they will see them again. Help them to find a way to forgive so they can heal and become a blessing to others through your strength and your amazing grace. I pray this nation will seek your face and know that you are God and turn away from all wickedness. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 hr Pearl Jam 306,557
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr WPWW 19,465
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Wed IMGKNEE 120,218
For Ramadan, Muslim families reach out to neigh... Jul '14 Marie-Luise_J 1
'Worth It': Undocumented Woman Living in Maryla... (May '14) May '14 spytheweb 3
If we really have Gender Equality , why should... (Oct '13) Feb '14 Navaneeta 5
What is the best health insuranse in upstate NY? (Nov '13) Feb '14 Mukti 5
Elkridge Dating
Find my Match

Elkridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elkridge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elkridge

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:09 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:09PM
Complete Game Preview for Ravens vs. Saints
Bleacher Report 6:52 PM
Terrell Suggs Needs Half a Sack to Reach 100 for Career
Bleacher Report 1:27 AM
What Are Experts Saying About SF vs. 49ers?
Bleacher Report 3:21 AM
Sizing Up Final Six Weeks of NFC East Race
NFL 6:42 AM
Lardarius Webb: Jimmy Graham is 'like LeBron James'