Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,242)

Showing posts 264,821 - 264,840 of303,190
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 12

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

We are either free adults or strangers force their choices on us making us property.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
Everyone who has an abortion wasn't loved as a child or young adult?
Selfish
Cold hearted
Numb of emotion
No compassion.
If these people are so bad, why do you want them to have a baby and raise it?
The fact is, I never had an abortion at any time in my life. Anti-choice regressives like "Obskeptik" like to MAKE STUFF UP -- in other words LIE -- about posters who write things THEY don't like or approve of.:-)
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
Becouse a baby changes everything, as the commercial says.
Alot of inmature, selfish, selfcentered people, have learned how to love, give, and all kinds of things by having a baby.
Ofcourse, there are a few who want to hang on to their selfishness, after they have a baby, and that will make them miserable, and they show up on oceans letters.
Yes, G, these messages prove that contrary to the false anti-choice claim that "mothers never regret having their children," there are many women who DO regret having kids. So that anti-choice claim is, in fact, a blatant LIE.

You would, no doubt, prefer that this fact be HIDDEN, especially from girls and women who may be undecided or ambivalent about having children. Too bad for you. I have NO intention of indulging that anti-choice preference.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katiekins: "Adoption, like anything else, works best case by case, not cookie-cutter. All choices afforded pregnant women need to be left intact with proper, case by case protocols followed."
Problem is, you made it clear that "unwanted/unhealthy fetuses are doomed. There's no way getting around that reality. I didn't make it up, I am stating it."
You see, by "doomed" you meant killed intentionally in the womb (i.e. abortion). You didn't mean adoption.
Your statement was definitive. YOU didn't include adoption as an option.
Now you talk about "all choices afforded pregnant women need to be left intact."
YOU sure didn't leave the adoption intact in your post. YOU shut it out and left ABORTION as the ONLY option. Look for yourself:
"Unwanted/unhealthy fetuses are doomed. There's no way getting around that reality. I didn't make it up, I am stating it."
Yep...you made it quite clear...."There's no way getting around that reality."
You also made it a statment of fact - rather than opinion: "I didn't make it up, I am stating it."
You're a mess.......
"You see, by "doomed" you meant killed intentionally in the womb (i.e. abortion). You didn't mean adoption. "

No that is your piss poor interpretation of what I meant.

If this were an honest discussion on your part, you'd have asked what I meant by "doomed". So far you have only assumed.

Boring. Your fallacy to deal with, not mine.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
I guess, if you consider motherhood as a punishment?
Involuntary motherhood IS a punishment, G, to ANY woman who never wanted to BE pregnant in the first place. That's why contraception was developed, for women to AVOID the unwanted outcome of pregnancy to the best of their ability.

The good thing for women is, motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and NO woman has to become a mother unless she really WANTS to. Sadly, however, there are still anti-choice regressive types who keep pushing such nonsense like "you're not a REAL woman until you are a mother" and "if you don't want children, you are selfish." Too many girls and women still believe that kind of nonsense and cave in to the PRESSURE by family or religious community to have children, only to end up bitterly regretting that decision.

Keeping girls and women ignorant of the HARDSHIPS of motherhood is a bad practice that I feel needs to be changed. So I'll do whatever I can to change it, no matter how many anti-choice imbeciles whine about my doing so.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, G, we know that you prefer to put all the blame on the WOMAN when an unwanted pregnancy happens and prefer that the men get a pass. I couldn't care less that you "no longer believe in deadbeat dads."
A lot of women DO think about getting pregnant before having sex. That's why they use contraception in the first place, to AVOID unwanted pregnancy to the best of their ability. The problem is that NO contraceptive is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, so birth control failures can and DO happen. NO woman has to punish herself with lifetime celibacy because she doesn't want to be punished with pregnancy.
Ocean, I don't put all the blame on women for getting pregnant, but women should cook for their man! And if the burn it, they need to apologize for wasting his money, and then recook the meal! Lol
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, G, these messages prove that contrary to the false anti-choice claim that "mothers never regret having their children," there are many women who DO regret having kids. So that anti-choice claim is, in fact, a blatant LIE.
You would, no doubt, prefer that this fact be HIDDEN, especially from girls and women who may be undecided or ambivalent about having children. Too bad for you. I have NO intention of indulging that anti-choice preference.
Well ocean I've stated many times how I believe your stories, and I'm not sure I'm anti choice, becouse I'm not.

I believe a person -man -woman -unsure (lol) can choose to do whatever they (it) wants, but I do not believe we as a country need to make all choices legal.
People all over this weekend made choices "some legal, some not), but they made their choices.
Some came through those choices just fine, although the choices they made were illegal, and some didn't make it through those choices at all.

Regaurdless they made their choice as they should have.

I believe it is good to tell people the negatives, like you do, but it should help young women choose not to have sex "it is not worth it, and it is controlable ".

We have many things in question that's legal, but if abused become illegal.

I can fully understand why a young girl would want an abortion, if she were raped or not, but to tell all young women go have fun, have sex it is natuaral, then if you do get pregnant we can fix it? That's plan wrong, and the wrong message to send.

Now would you go get me something to eat woman?:)
Kenose

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I geuss ^^^THIS^^^ IS why YOU ARE so UPSET!?!?!?!
I stated that what I said would NOT go over very well.
I happened to notice the ones that came out and really attacked me, after making that comment.
I truly believe, THAT GAYS BELIEVE, that they love each other, if they have been together for a long time.
It is NOT a normal lifestyle, and has Always been looked upon as sick by most people.
I will admit, that less and less people still have this stance, but if you notice how many people have changed their stance on many thing, just in the last 50 years.
I do know that many kaw's on here are gay and also the vilest of vile.
Yet it is No different then when I married my wife.
I thought I loved her, but I never knew LOVE, untill I met Him
God is Love.
Don't flatter yourself into thinking that some post by a religious wacko on and anonymous forum is going to upset me. I just laugh at your judgemental and hypocritical BS and laugh.

Keep those zingers coming.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
I can fully understand why a young girl would want an abortion, if she were raped or not, but to tell all young women go have fun, have sex it is natuaral, then if you do get pregnant we can fix it? That's plan wrong, and the wrong message to send.
Actually, G, I have NEVER said any such thing, so your implying that I have is DISHONEST. In fact, I have said more than once that I believe teen sex is a BAD IDEA, and that teen girls are much better off being sexFREE (meaning free FROM sex). I think messages such as the one below are much more helpful to teen girls and young women who haven't completed all their education or career goals yet.

This might help girls see the difference between the two lifestyles of being a free teenager and being a teen mom BEFORE they make the mistake of having sex and possibly ending up pregnant.

If anyone can think of more benefits of lifestyle #1 or negatives of lifestyle #2, please go ahead and add them.

LIFESTYLE #1 - LIFE AS A FREE TEENAGER:
- Keeping up grades, studying, doing homework
- Participating in after-school activities
- Going to school dances and parties
- Relaxing during summer vacation
- Having fun at the junior or senior prom
- Graduating high school and attending after-graduation parties
- Moving on to college or vocational school with no restrictions

LIFSTYLE #2 - LIFE AS A TEEN MOM:
- Missing school, falling behind in classes
- Getting up two or three times at night to feed a baby
- Endless diaper changes, including stinky ones
- Losing friends who don't want to be around crying babies
- Staying home with a crying baby while friends are out having fun
- Missing high school graduation, or even having to drop out of school
- Losing out on the dream job/career originally planned

As a teenager who is happily NOT pregnant, which lifestyle do YOU want? Wouldn't you rather have the first lifestyle instead of the second?

You can keep Lifestyle #1 very easily, just by saying NO to any guy who pressures you to have sex. If your boyfriend says he'll break up with you if you won't have sex with him, don't cave in. Break up with HIM instead.

Keeping your freedom to BE a teenager; there's no better reason for girls to say NO.

Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Hey, Gtown, here's another message I like to send from time to time.

Personally, based on my individual experience, I'd have to say that generally speaking, life tends to be much easier for any teen girl, myself included, who ISN'T (or wasn't) a teen mom. Why? Because she isn't overwhelmed with adult responsibilities before she's even completed high school, that's why. Because I DIDN'T get pregnant and become a teen mom while I was still in middle or high school, I was able to complete all my classes, assignments, and tests as a high school student. I enjoyed all my summers between school years, doing pretty much whatever I wanted. I never had to worry about paying for diapers and formula, and I was able to keep my freedom to be a normal teenager.

It's wonderful how much freedom a teen girl has when she ISN'T pregnant. Girls need to think very carefully about all they risk losing by having sex and possibly getting pregnant. They need to think about it BEFORE having sex for the first time, not afterward. If they only think of it afterward, it may already be too late.

After graduating high school and having a two-month summer vacation, I began a vocational program in September and successfully completed it nine months later. A few weeks after that, I accepted a job offer in a great city, and things just got better from there. Working at my job gave me chances to earn a good full-time salary with benefits, take classes to learn more job skills -- at company expense -- and advance to jobs with higher salaries.

NONE of that would have been possible if I had gotten pregnant as a teenager and become a teen mom. Having a baby would have made even doing homework and studying for tests in high school very difficult, if not impossible. I might even have had to drop out of school, as some teen girls have done, and wouldn't have gotten my high school diploma. It wouldn't have been possible for me to go to vocational school or work full-time at a top company either. For me to accomplish all that I had wanted and planned for myself, it required me to be a FREE TEEN rather than a teen mom.

Girls can do so much when they are encouraged by parents and community to pursue their educations including college or vocational school and then get good jobs and careers. I was very fortunate to have parents and a community that encouraged education and career for me and other girls rather than the "traditional" paths of marriage/motherhood and not much else. It is much easier for girls to have opportunities for a good education, good employment, and economic independence when they don't get pregnant and become mothers too soon. And if some girls and young women decide NEVER to become mothers for any reason, that's okay too. The choice to be childfree is just as valid and responsible as the choice to become a mother.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
You're or your, dimwit????
What a deep and intellectual response Kenose. So when did MENSA invite you to join their ranks? It's obvious that your knowledge of the facts, and your craft at interjecting your thought and opinion makes any intellectual exchange a rewarding one for all involved. Keep up the good work Kenose, you have certainly provided a valuable contribution to this forum and subject matter, as is the case with most liberals contributing to the discussions on Topix.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it would just be nice for them to be given ALL sides! Now go cook and clean WOMAN!:)

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Aren't you the same person who said you were only here to prove Foo a liar?
LOL, No.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, G, I have NEVER said any such thing, so your implying that I have is DISHONEST. In fact, I have said more than once that I believe teen sex is a BAD IDEA, and that teen girls are much better off being sexFREE (meaning free FROM sex). I think messages such as the one below are much more helpful to teen girls and young women who haven't completed all their education or career goals yet.
This might help girls see the difference between the two lifestyles of being a free teenager and being a teen mom BEFORE they make the mistake of having sex and possibly ending up pregnant.
If anyone can think of more benefits of lifestyle #1 or negatives of lifestyle #2, please go ahead and add them.
As a teenager who is happily NOT pregnant, which lifestyle do YOU want? Wouldn't you rather have the first lifestyle instead of the second?
You can keep Lifestyle #1 very easily, just by saying NO to any guy who pressures you to have sex. If your boyfriend says he'll break up with you if you won't have sex with him, don't cave in. Break up with HIM instead.
Keeping your freedom to BE a teenager; there's no better reason for girls to say NO.
I didn't mean you said that personaly, I was saying that, that is the message being sent to the youth of the day.
You and I agree on many things.

I know fot fact that some mothers hate being mothers, at the same time they love their kids.
I still don't believe it is the norm.

I will even say that many if not most women doesn't question having a child at some point, and a woman can be a woman without having kids.

Where you and I differ, if during pregnancy.

I also don't think people can truly understand what they would do in all situations.

I've wound up doing everything that I said I never would.
Untill someones 13 yo daughter comes to them pregnant from a rape, then they truly don't know how they would truly feel..

Yet having an abortion will not remove the rape, and rape is not the normal reason abortions are done.

Most are done for selfish reasons.
"A PERSON CAN NEVER GIVE WITHOUT GIVING UP SOMETHING THEMSELVES ".

These women who admit they are way to selfish to have kids, should be very thankful that their mom wasn't that way.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> How did you prove anyone to be a pathological liar on the internet? It's usually done in a psychiatrists office. Are you a psychiatrists? What are your qualifications to be calling someone a pathological liar? What are your qualifications to be saying someone isn't a lawyer? You are a psychiatrist with a law degree? What about Elise? What are your qualifications to say she isn't a nurse or I that I'm not a coder? What about your friend NR? Is he actually a med student? Do you see the pattern here? Only a delusional, psychiatric patient would care about people googling abortion discussion and happening to come to topix.
LOL, I'll show you something from your stupid post Only intelligent people see what you people need shown to you. It starts from the beginning of your post.

Ayakaneo: "How did you prove anyone to be a pathological liar on the internet? It's usually done in a psychiatrists office. Are you a psychiatrists? What are your to be calling someone a pathological liar?"

Ayakaneo:"Only a delusional, psychiatric patient would care about people googling abortion discussion and happening to come to topix."

Ayakaneo, "Are you a psychiatrists?(sic) What are your qualifications to be calling someone a ..." ... "delusional, psychiatric patient".

You're outta your league, Toots. You don't know what you're talking about when you post, and you display you're a bonehead. I'm qualified to state the things I state because I'm an intelligent, sensible adult who knows what words mean.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> You're the only one who thinks Topix is akin to a court room. Prove it, prove it, prove it, that's inadmissable. Puhlease!
Only people like you who can't prove anything have a problem with others asking for proof and a problem with others proving their claims. It's kiss up fools like you who try to mock what's valuable in discussions about topics like abortion, what others have posted in discussion etc; FACTS and PROOF of facts.

Obviously you haven't read CD's posts, because he is the one I mock with his "lawyer-talk" when his arguments are so ignorant and non-factual that if he is a lawyer, he's an unemployed one. HE is the one who think Topix is a courtroom, and as I said, I mock him. You're now mocking him with your posts about it. lol

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> I post the truth. I don't give a damn if some stranger on a discussion forum believes me. Your problem is that you have placed a value on your image on this thread that is ridiculously inflated. Simmer down, woman.
You have been asked several times to post proof of your claims on the topic of abortion, and all times you couldn't. My "image" isn't the issue here, but what people claim and whether or not they're full of shit. I've said I don't give a shit what you people think of me, and I won't share anything personal because it's not relevant here, and that's the truth. People like you are the ones posting what you do in life and you have defended yourself about it. Yopur post is a psychological projection. The one who cares about image and what strangers believe about you is YOU.

What I care about is posting the facts, and I can always prove what I post is a fact when challenged; and PC posting facts and proving that's what they're posting. You people don't and can't do that.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't flatter yourself into thinking that some post by a religious wacko on and anonymous forum is going to upset me. I just laugh at your judgemental and hypocritical BS and laugh.
Keep those zingers coming.
Laughter works good, like a medicine.

Just don't OD . L, but not outloud.
Another Gtown zinger(:

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Psssssst..... YES it was on google you fool, BECAUSE IT WAS ON PHOTOBUCKET AND MARKED PUBLIC!
LOL OMG you're stupid!
And yes I took it down, its served its purpose.
LOL, you're so full of shit, and here's how easy it is to prove it, liar. When caught your lies become more elaborate.

You used the photo for your avatar, and the only thing to do that is to copy a photo to a file on our computer, then "browse" our photos and click on it. Which is what you had to do to use it as your avatar photo. You copied it off the internet and put it in a file on your computer.

Next; you didn't tell people to go see the image supposedly photographed by Lynne on the internet, so "Photobucket" and "public viewing" obviously wasn't your objective. I'M the one who told people to go to Google and Yahoo search and they'd see the photo you put up, claiming it was taken by Lynne, when it wasn't. After you responded to my posts about that, which means you knew you had gotten caught, you removed the photo. No coincidence there.

And...

The photo is still there. You did not take it down, because I still see it. I know exactly which image you used, and I can copy it myself and pull it up, which anyone who was here and saw the image you tried to attribute to Lynne is the same one. The photo has this on it:
"Cedar Posts and Barbed Wire Fences: Stephen King's Home Meets a ...cedarposts.blogspot.com - 1150 1600 - More sizes
Visit page
View original image
Image details
Image may be subject to copyright."

"Subject to copyright", and you typed, "copyright Lynne D" on this image when you used it as your avatar.

You're outta your league, liar. You post lie on top of lie.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes -ALL you post can be true!

Is it also not true for a teenage boy???

You want equal rights correct?

My bro - in -law was a father at 14
His secound child was at 15

All you posted is just as true for a young boy as well.
Why should a young man be "punished ",for having sex?

Yet you will come back with (if he didn't want to be a dad, then he should've not had sex)

I say you're correct!

Same for the young women :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 264,821 - 264,840 of303,190
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elkridge Discussions

Search the Elkridge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 47 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,033,725
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Chuck 17,703
MD Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) Apr 12 fyi 185
If we really have Gender Equality , why should... Feb '14 Navaneeta 5
What is the best health insuranse in upstate NY? Feb '14 Mukti 5
Pros and Cons to filing Bankruptcy? Jan '14 vurositamelyniu 2
5 Things About Your New Local Editor Jan '14 nephteria 1
•••

Freeze Warning for Howard County was issued at April 17 at 4:02AM EDT