Relief, anger follow arrests in mortg...

Relief, anger follow arrests in mortgage loan scheme

There are 10 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jun 14, 2008, titled Relief, anger follow arrests in mortgage loan scheme. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

When her husband left for good a few years ago, Nadine Bostic became a single mother, her income suddenly reduced by more than half.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Huh

Tucson, AZ

#1 Jun 14, 2008
This article did not present any details of the actual fraud?

Thanks for more news about the life long victims.

PS You can't outlaw stupidity.
Mike Baltimore

Clarksville, MD

#2 Jun 14, 2008
Remember, "they can't help it", the lead they grew up with caused it.
MrEd

Parkville, MD

#3 Jun 14, 2008
The numbers don't add up. $35,000,000 divided by 100 homes equals $350,000 per home. I doubt that many of the homes involved in this scheme had that kind of value. Most people who can afford this type of home are smart enough to avoid these frauds.
Marlene

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Jun 14, 2008
I'm a little confused as to what the scam actually was. Most scams play on people's greed and stupidity. If its too good to be true...
purplemusicmama

Baltimore, MD

#5 Jun 14, 2008
maybe they can't provide details because it's going into litigation. it seems some are condemning the victims before the entire story is told. why don't you wait to hear what went wrong and how they were fooled before you judge them? maybe they were desperate and thought they were getting help. stop being so judgemental.
Think About It

Falls Church, VA

#6 Jun 14, 2008
This paper has abused my empathy and sympathy muscles on the housing market "problems" to the point where I am to the point where I think 85% of the population must be stupid. Can't people read a basic contract or calculate simple interest? If they got into this fix with their housing, I can only imagine what other miscalculations they have made.

I know we all need a helping hand on occasion, and I have made mistakes in my time, but the only way I truly learned was to pay the cost for them and learn to not do it again. Some of the "victims" have made a lifestyle out of waiting for the state to come to their rescue. Stop making them look like heros!!!!

“panem et circenses”

Since: Jun 08

East Coast USA

#7 Jun 14, 2008
A few posters should re-read the article.

"As part of the supposed refinancing of her home, she said, members of the firm forged her signature in order to cash a $67,000 check that had ostensibly been intended for Bostic."

I would think that indicates evidence of fraud. Cashing-out your equity is not usually prudent, but that's not the whole story here.
ocliving

Midway City, CA

#8 Jun 14, 2008
Stay in school people. Don't become like these idiots who feel a certain degree of entitlement. If you don't agree, you must be a democrat!
Keep Snitchin

Rosedale, MD

#9 Jun 14, 2008
Just another fine example of the Bruthas helpin' the Bruthas out ! HaHaHaHa !
It looks like Janet Meadows violated the moronic AA 'Stop Snitchin' code of the streets.
YouHelpFixIt

Baltimore, MD

#10 Jun 25, 2008
Not even safe in Howard County, Maryland is running out places to hide from all these shootings and gangs and drugs!! Where the hell are the police when all these crimes are happening at dunkin donuts!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elkridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min American Independent 326,439
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min flack 1,683,707
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Fitius T Bluster 21,382
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) 16 hr bi-polar pimp 86
Real Estate Fri Fitius T Bluster 2
where is a good open air market in bmore (Jan '09) Fri Jesswall2224 7
News Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Jan 16 Raptor in Michigan 111,542

Elkridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elkridge Mortgages